Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

I just burnt the bottom of the pizza I was making in the oven.

Not enough to throw it away. Just enough to eat it anyway and complain about the taste. :(

Trying really, really hard to have sympathy for my daughter after her and a friend played the Salt & Ice game. Helluva mess on their hands 3 days later

Stupid much :roll:

OMG, I had to go look that up. I wasn't aware of the game:

Salt and Ice - A game practiced by middle school and high school students. Salt is poured on an area of the arm/or hand and then an ice cube is placed on top. This will create a burning sensation. After the ice cube melts or you've had enough pain there will be a white scar which will eventually turn red and be extremely painful. The game is played until someone has had enough pain.

Thud is derived from the books of Terry Pratchett http://www.amazon.co...1&keywords=thud!

Politically correct he is not! I actually think the "Dwarf Hurling" is an intentional jibe at the PC brigade.

Personal statement: I have never personally hurled a Dwarf, and no Dwarves were harmed during the time I spent on the game :lol:

Lol first thing I think: "Nobody tosses a dwarf!" ~Gimli

Trying really, really hard to have sympathy for my daughter after her and a friend played the Salt & Ice game. Helluva mess on their hands 3 days later

Stupid much :roll:

You should give your daughter (and her friend) the cinnamon challenge. :P

Look that one up on Youtube for a good laugh.

Look that one up on Youtube for a good laugh.

Because, you know, only several deaths have occurred from suffocating due to allergic reactions or just too much of that tree bark we like while playing that game.

Because, you know, only several deaths have occurred from suffocating due to allergic reactions or just too much of that tree bark we like while playing that game.

I cant find a single source that says that anyone has died from it.

EDIT: and get them to do The Gauntlet Challenge instead

Edited by Sfifer

I cant find a single source that says that anyone has died from it.

EDIT: and get them to do The Gauntlet Challenge instead

The power to assume has been abused by me once again.

Anyways, I don't think I posted about the time my teacher said all Christians should be Jews or they won't get into heaven, because Christianity means that God's plan for Judaism failed and "He [God] doesn't need a back up plan."

At a Christian school.

Edit: Heeded the warning, but wondering what I'm thankful about missing. May have to "read" the challenge, instead of watching it.

Edited by AGJM

Are these intended as a competition for the Darwin Awards?

Dunno, my thought is simply, "just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should".

But then again some folks may call me "lame" for thinking this way.

Went through a section on the Persian and Peloponnesian wars, in Greece. Not a single mention of triremes or how they were used. I like that part, those things were boss in Age of Mythologies. As in, I learned that history by playing a game and in sixth grade, and I was disappointed that I couldn't discuss them. I'm not actually mad, by the way.

Also, I was planning to change my signature to the verse about being quick to listen, slow to anger, and slow to speak, but I realized I would be exposing my own hypocrisy in doing so.

They'd do it. They're off their heads when they're together.

@ Sfifer ... I got indigestion just watching that. Mental

Good news: I got two donations for my plugin pack today.

Rant: one was for 10 cents and the other was for a penny.

Good news: I got two donations for my plugin pack today.

Rant: one was for 10 cents and the other was for a penny.

Well I just fixed that! I've made a couple to PDN, I guess you were due as well.

Thanks, Jim.

In both earlier cases, the fees took all the money. So, I got nothing.

Updated to FireFox 16 when my mouse wheel started bouncing the screen around vertically.

Spent some time Googling the setup options - only to belatedly find it was my mouse - and not FireFox.

Using a spare laptop mouse - it's tiny!

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Firefox, here's a heads up to you folks....

I inquired elsewhere about installing Windows 8. Well, I installed it and I found a problem with IE10. For a bit I thought Windows did something to my computer because I came in here and was going to reply to a thread and the Enter key wouldn't respond. I tried it in notepad and wordpad and it seemed to work fine. So it wasn't Windows 8 (directly). I installed Firefox and Voila! Problem fixed.

Pffft who needs the enter key

I haven't had a working one for months and I'm fine

E: I've remapped it to a useless software shortcut key though and it works

Edited by Kemaru

I inquired elsewhere about installing Windows 8. Well, I installed it and I found a problem with IE10. For a bit I thought Windows did something to my computer because I came in here and was going to reply to a thread and the Enter key wouldn't respond.

Yet strangely enough on Win-8 using IE10 from the desktop (instead of the tile on the start screen) the enter key worked :/ Gladly Google Chrome works fine and dandy :)