Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Edit: This forum is getting aggravating. It has hiccups here and there, and the tags won't work...

Well considering your tags are backward, I wouldn't expect them to work.

How are these people even able to breath ...

How do you breath?!

Ah if only the English language made sense...breath, even with the "ea," still needs a silent "e" to make it sound like "ee." If I could get my hands on the person who made up that nonsense, that would be bad news for him >.>

Edited by pdnnoob

I wish you had too mate :P

I wish MY students would pay more attention too! Or maybe I need to give them each one single earplug?? :)

English is actually made up of many different languages & there are as many exceptions to the rule as there are rules.

breath or breathe?

Speaking of English, I have a matriculation exam on Monday. I didn't do that well in the listening comprehension part of the exam, which was last Monday, so in order to get the highest grade I'd need to get at least 200/209...

Yup, I knew that, but it took me a while to grasp what pdnnoob said about breath vs breathe, so I was confused.

Edited by Kemaru

Very few individual parts of any given language can be attributed to a single person. So good luck finding "that person."

I guess I'll have to strangle several people then... :P

I suppose I shouldn't be complaining, though. I could be sitting around memorizing a few thousand characters of Chinese instead...o wait D:

I've been thinking of setting up some sort of online business, in the area of design or social networking, possibly sharing business information or something - it will likely only end up as a few mock-ups, but it's fun to give it a shot. Anyhow, EVERY SINGLE NAME IDEA I HAVE IS A REGISTERED DOMAIN NAME...

Except for 402shine, as I looked at the time, picked a positive adjective, and made it... The mock-up image didn't turn out well, though. Anyways, I need to continue with ideas and possibly take more medicine and look into website coding... I'd like to be able to say I tried it.

Edit: Going to crack open a thesaurus, create a few mock-ups, and brainstorm...

Edited by AGJM

'or something'

Aaaaaaand stop.

Don't even try this. Until you have a much, much more concrete idea of what you're doing, jumping straight in will doom you to failure immediately. Also, if you need to look into website coding some more, practice first; learning as you go along with the project will only give you poor foundations. It is much better to start of with some knowledge of website coding from the beginning.

'or something'

Aaaaaaand stop.

Don't even try this. Until you have a much, much more concrete idea of what you're doing, jumping straight in will doom you to failure immediately. Also, if you need to look into website coding some more, practice first; learning as you go along with the project will only give you poor foundations. It is much better to start of with some knowledge of website coding from the beginning.

Didn't I say that I was just doing mock-ups for now?

I finally got an idea, though, and the logo looks okay... Not going to share it, yet, though, I'm going to put it to rest, do homework, then come back to it. I'll be setting a foundation for the idea of the fake company, and I did pick a name that would work for all three, and then I'll see where I go from there.

I've been a child, and I still am one, and I learned not to invest much hope, if any at all, in any idea of something I have to commit to. I'm taking it slow, don't worry...

I'll share it eventually, once I've decided if it will be the one I stick with or not... Anyways, I guess I'm being over-defensive. Thanks for the advice.

Edit - and also, I've seen some website coding by fooling around with Google Chrome's "Inspect Element," and I've seen how, vaguely, to embed images and such... Though it's not enough to actually set something up.

Edited by AGJM

Edit - and also, I've seen some website coding by fooling around with Google Chrome's "Inspect Element," and I've seen how, vaguely, to embed images and such... Though it's not enough to actually set something up.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.....

Coding websites is not as innocent a pastime as it used to be. With the release of HTML5 and the explosion of the mobile phenomena things have become awfully complicated.

Unless you have a very solid understanding of how HTML5 and CSS work then I've give it a miss. If you already know what is meant by the terms 'responsive design' and 'graceful degradation' then you might have a future in the industry.

The other option is to become a Wordpress guru. Not an easy learning curve I can assure you.

• Upvote 1

Rant: I'm so out of shape >:[ I've gained way too much weight, although I'm trying to convince myself it's muscle... Back on track!

I've been doing push ups lately - around 25-100 a day. I'm going to start running soon, too.