Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Helen, that is sad. I am sorry for your loss too. We all have been touched by cancer in some way or another. I've beaten it twice (2 different sorts) & my son when he was just 7 had cancer too but he is all grown up & a strapping lad. So there are survivors - just not nearly enough.

Rant of the year:

My wife just took our only car to the shop because it wasn't working right.

Estimate to fix it... $5000.

:mad:

I don't have five grand. I'm screwed. :(

Rant of the year:

My wife just took our only car to the shop because it wasn't working right.

Estimate to fix it... $5000.

:mad:

I don't have five grand. I'm screwed. :(

You could buy a used car for less surely ? These garages cost more in labour than they do for the parts they fit, total robbery.

Edited by nitenurse79

That's a serious bill. You can get a new engine for less ... Is that a dealership or an independent ?

Could be worth you getting some quotes from other places. Or like NN says -a decent used car

Edited by welshblue

That's a serious bill. You can get a new engine for less ... Is that a dealership or an independent ?

Could be worth you getting some quotes from other places. Or like NN says -a decent used car

Or a gallon of fuel & a match?

To be fair to mechanics, they have overheads too plus wages. Hubby & I were just discussing the enormous cost of liability insurance for anyone with their own business. If you are a doctor with a private practice - their insurance premium would buy me a house that is not too shabby!

I do hope you find a less expensive solution.

New rant: I needed a day off to see my doctor...no car, IT guru renamed the Evil One coming to "fix" my lack of computers at work, & a stack of small issues that require me to be here. I hope my dear Dr can discuss my health issues over the phone :)

Even bigger rant which will have some of you falling off your chairs laughing.

Imagine a P4 machine, running Zorin (Linux based machine?) as well as windows & then it has this Wine thing to access MS based programs as well as Libre. Its like one of those Babushka dolls or Chinese puzzles.

IT guru unable to connect printer/copier/scanner & get it running. Unable to open files. Keyboard stops responding & so does the mouse in mid typing & requires a hard stop restart. Now this is a guy paid to do this job & my 2 cents worth was met with "you are not qualified".

2 minutes & I have everything working perfectly on my Sony Vaio laptop but hey, what the heck, I am just not qualified!

I have a Toyota Highlander Hybrid and it gets about 27-30MPG average over all of my driving.

I'm looking at a non-hybrid now... it will probably get 16MPG average.

Hybrid as in fuel and battery or a fuel and LPG conversion.?

My rant would have to be £5.00 per gallon. With even less economy when people can't drive to the roads

Well, I did something that I hate to do...

I called my dad and asked for a loan.

I feel like such a teenager. :roll:

So, I'm getting the car fixed and I won't be buying a new one.

Well, I was kicked from a gaming thing, called a "platoon" (which is basically just an easy way to find people to play online with on the game "Battlefield 3") that I have been in since nearly its start. I made good friends with everyone in it, I made the logo for it, I made a "server banner" for it, and last night I made two sarcastic comments on the server. Apparently joking around isn't appropriate in a clan the leader said was made to have laughs while playing with others. Anyways, I sent a respectful response - a few paragraphs long - and got no response. He's blocked all communications with me. I then wrote a comment on the platoon's wall, in a not-so-respectful manner, and entered the platoon server. This is where it gets better - earlier, I had messaged one other platoon member that was on last night and asked him if I was that bad - no response. After I entered the server, I spawned in, died, then spawned in again as a sniper. I climbed up onto a mountaintop, and began scanning for infantry and spotting enemy vehicles. Eventually, I saw two enemy infantry running down the mountainside - I shot, missed, shot again (he was standing still the second time, looking for who shot at him) and nailed him in the head. Luckily, you can see who you've killed, and it was the platoon leader. The second guy, next to him, stayed still for a fraction of a second too long and I killed him too - he was the one I had messaged (I found him on the server, and used the fact that he was on the server to message him before I joined the game). In honesty, I was hoping to be on their team to talk things out, but I doubt they would have listened. The fact that I felt like the main character of the movie "Shooter" made sure I was not the slightest bit angry after they banned me from the server... All this because I asked who made the new server banner, sarcastically said I missed mine (I didn't even say I liked mine better, I just said I missed it and laughed afterwards), and because joking that I need a guy kicked because he took my dogtags (which requires sneaking up behind someone and stabbing them)...

I only wish I didn't send him any sort of respectful response - he didn't deserve it. If I ever run into him again, I'll be sure to mention to him that thirty-year-old men don't need to act like they are my age.

I realize that both parties, mine and the leaders, are guilty, but I still feel very satisfied that I was able and lucky enough to show them off sniper-style before being disabled of communicating with them.

It's great that you acknowledge being guilty as well... What did you accomplish by doing that? Did you get back to the "platoon"? Did the leader realise his mistake? If it only made you feel better without really helping the situation then was it really necessary?

Rant: I began reading One Piece... really time consuming! I hope it doesn't negatively affect my English final exams, which, by the way are next Monday. :D

Ouch that's an expensive week (unless you've got dental insurance) but painful whichever way you look at it

Glad to see your father is helping out ... would you really want to be a teenager again ?

It gets worse NN. My daughter is 14 1/2 and much more attitude than her brother who's 3 years older.

Always got to have the last word ... clothes that any father would hate ... and Eminem is her hero

But I guess all that is forgotten when she gives me a hug ...

A hug is always priceless :)

Mine wants to wear clothes that even a mother would hate. I dred next year when my other daughter enters the teen years, two centers of the universe won't fit into one house :lol:

It's great that you acknowledge being guilty as well... What did you accomplish by doing that? Did you get back to the "platoon"? Did the leader realise his mistake? If it only made you feel better without really helping the situation then was it really necessary?

Rant: I began reading One Piece... really time consuming! I hope it doesn't negatively affect my English final exams, which, by the way are next Monday. :D

A: I aggravated the platoon leader as much as he aggravated me.

B: I proved, to myself, that I can be respectful when wronged, assuming the best until proven otherwise.

C: I proved that it's not worth re-joining the platoon, as apparently a few well-intended jokes are too much for the guy.

Also, I think they mixed me up with the guy that actually did it, anyways. I was the only one kicked when he said there were too. Responding respectfully got no response - he didn't reply until after I showed the hate, as that made me look irrational (I don't care if the others don't know, really. As long as he knows he's wrong). I told him I didn't want back in, and I think he thought I was bluffing... Anyways, the fact that I behave better than a thirty year old man is saddening. The fact that he doesn't even get rid of the stuff I made for him - if I am that bad - is more saddening. I don't want someone like him using something I made...

You manage to live through it somehow. I say this as a survivor.

Parents of teenagers know why some animals eat their own young :)

Best advice is to smile & let it go as they will soon be gone & you will miss all their contrariness - same as our parents.

Boys are easier in some ways or maybe it is just different.

On a not-so-childish rant, did I mention my computer class? The one that has you open a window, minimize it, maximize it, close it, perform "basic mouse maneuvers", then tells you how to log on?

Guess what.

It's worse.

This is what happens when you don't uncheck a checkbox that is, by default, checked, that only says it will email responses to YOUR posts...

[/img]https://sphotos-a.xx...448949243_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/391575_3108786617798_1448949243_n.jpg

That's one of the three-and-a-half pages.

I sent an email to the school staff.

Hidden Content:

I've had enough of the Integrated Business Applications class.

We cannot access our textbook at the moment - and those who did before it went down noted that we are supposed to go to pages that aren't even in it.

We cannot see the information for our assignments. We have essays due on things such as Microsoft Word, and there are no instructions. One person emailed the teacher, and she said "Did you log in?"

We cannot access some of the materials for our quizzes. One set of materials even says "This course is currently unavailable to students."

We cannot get the teacher to respond to our questions, whether we call or email.

We are given assignments without instructions and materials to properly complete them.

We are apparently supposed to tolerate three and a half pages of this in our email, of everyone's activity in the class:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/391575_3108786617798_1448949243_n.jpg

Integrated Business Applications

If this doesn't convey the point, I don't know what will short of having the staff take the course themselves. The course is set up improperly, not taught properly - not taught at all - and we are expected to complete it? We couldn't even start it before the drop period ended. I can take screenshots and videos as proof for all of the above, if you'd like, but I think you'll understand.

Are we really supposed to tolerate this? It's not the least bit fair to expect us to be held accountable for it.

~Andrew MacGillivray, 9th grade.

I only now noticed the slightly disrespectful tone implied by "have the staff take it themselves", but I don't anyone other than the recipients will be offended - and even they will likely understand.

Edit: This forum is getting aggravating. It has hiccups here and there, and the tags won't work...

And it jumps to the bottom of the page whenever I paste something to the top.

Edited by AGJM