Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Kemaru, are you eating enough? Sleeping ok? May be time for a visit to your doctor.

Once you feel comfortable with yourself everything will fall into place. Too often we jump from one relationship to another or worse stay in one that was never going to work without learning the lessons and we repeat the same patterns of behaviour.

Give yourself time - give time to yourself - pamper yourself, reward yourself by doing things for you & you alone. Watch movies that only you like, wear what you like (even if the rest of the world thinks it looks odd, at least in your own place). Just do things for only you. Treat yourself as you'd like to be treated. Be very kind to yourself. Then when the time is right & you are ready to give without reservation or baggage, you will find a new love & it will be better because you are better.

Ok, enough D&M from me but this applies to all of us, myself included. If you want love & acceptance - make sure you can give it & start with yourself. You too AGJM.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Barbie on this one. Imagine, for example that you are part of a response team for a charity that hands out clothing and food to poor or homeless people, the company gives supplies to your team for you to distribute. If you stop recieving those supplies though, you will have nothing to give to the people who need it. Well it works the same in other areas, if you are not being filled afresh with love and joy etc., how can you expect to have any to give out to others?

Food for Thought

A new friend of mine at school - her grandfather is in the hospital, dying - she had cuts on her arms (maybe burns, I didn't see them up close, but were one of the two or she colored her arm with an odd colored marker - a reddish brown - for kicks) so I sent her a message, just asking what happened...

Edit: Hoping I handle this right - someone said she cut herself with a kitchen knife in front of her mom, and last year I saw that she had written "FML" on her wrist... So, it's not unlikely that she did it - which is why I am worried.

Edited by AGJM

It didn't help much that today was my boyfriend's (how sad that I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to call him that. sigh I just don't know anything about people or relationships or anything else for that matter) birthday, my friends went to his place to congratulate and didn't bother to call me. I had a gift for him and everything, I really really wanted to see him today.

I'm in an art school in Helsinki, but my friends are all in the local high school. I do get along with people in my school- quite well as a matter of fact- but it gets so lonely there with no one really truly close nearby.

Growing up and relationships can be tough by themselves but both together ... nightmare.

You should be proud of yourself for striking out and getting/ going to art school. It may not seem like it now but you're gaining that lil' bit more independence and experience than your friends. Loneliness can be a cruel thing ... can you join clubs/ societies or similar to get out more and meet even more new people ? Good, strong friendships aren't always the ones you forge in lower schools ...

Relationships ? I'm 45. Had more than I'm willing to admit to ... and still don't understand them

Reading between the lines from BarbieQ' - be true to yourself.

Good luck

Thank you barbieq and ninjamandan! You are right, I should be nicer to myself. I acknowledge being a perfectionist but I feel like I can't do anything about it...

Welshblue, thanks for your insight. This school has really helped me find my own path in terms of sexuality, philosophy and fashion, I'm happy I am here.

Rant: Apple cider.

Kemaru, what is wrong with apple cider? Aside from a hangover from hell if you have too much :)

Rant: Pretty seaside town, early spring morning & all I am able to see is my pc screen! Sux working!

A few weeks ago dear daughter calls. She needs to come home. No job, no car, five cats. Moved half my house around to make room. I'm hoping she'll not have to much trouble finding work.

I'm having trouble keeping up with my fun here.

Can't concentrate.

I'll pop in occasionally.

The central air went out yesterday. I am not spending the money I've been saving for a new computer on it. Dang-it

Well, I posted a new image in my gallery and no one has responded - and I smell like burnt plastic due to the bottles of water the kids threw into the fire, and I think the barbed wire is going to leave a scar. Also, my fingers feel tingly.

@ Kemaru ... I haven't drank cider since I was 16. Too much one night put me off for life ... and I'm still gutted about the pair of shoes I ruined ( I haven't even tried any of the fashionable ciders - pear/ fruit mixes ... )

Glad to hear about how the art school has helped you find yourself.

@ BarbieQ' ... suxs more not working :P Take a picture of the view from the nearest window ... make it your wallpaper and keep minimizing the page and hve a good daydream for a couple of minutes ...

@ Doughty ... the wife doesn't know it yet but we're moving to a smaller house when the kids leave home.

It's bad enough tripping over their stuff now without the excess stuff they'd bring back with them :snow:

Well, I posted a new image in my gallery and no one has responded - and I smell like burnt plastic due to the bottles of water the kids threw into the fire, and I think the barbed wire is going to leave a scar. Also, my fingers feel tingly.

That's how it goes sometimes with galleries. All in all it's seems like it's been a couple of quiet weeks in the pictorium.

Maybe comment in a few galleries and kick-start it again ;)

Burning plastic isn't a good thing. I'm sure you know more than me what fumes it gives off. If you start experiencing bad symptoms you should tell your parents

A rant: Why if a couple split up am I expected to take 'sides' ?

I liked them both before it happened and neither have done anything against me, so why should it change anything ?

It's not anything to do with me or anyone else but them. Life happens.

I believe I commented in your gallery. I try to comment in each gallery when I get a chance. :)

I came over here because I was thinking, "what? Helen is too positive a person to be ranting about anything D:"

Turns out I was right xD

new computer plays heavy 3D mmo's just fine, but flash games...? nope. laglaglag

I think I'm being trolled >_>

I came over here because I was thinking, "what? Helen is too positive a person to be ranting about anything D:"

Turns out I was right xD

new computer plays heavy 3D mmo's just fine, but flash games...? nope. laglaglag

I think I'm being trolled >_>

Well, I typed out a response, hit space, just as I pressed some key combination unknown to me that highlighted everything (and then deleted it all). Freaking computer...

Rant:

Why is TV coverage and sponsorship (in the UK at least) of the 2012 Paralympics less than it was for the 2012 Olympics ? Don't these remarkable people count enough to be given widespread media, they have overcome adversity to go above and beyond human endurance to reach goals most people can only dream about. The media here would rather headline some "token celeb" because he or she has chipped a nail or cut their face in an early morning visit to a food outlet.

True we all complain, but looking at these paralympics really puts things into perspective. They are the true stars and heroes of this world :)

Edited by nitenurse79

I edited a friend's picture and added Slenderman into it, but there was an "unspecified error while opening the image" when I went back to it after it failed to upload to facebook... The irony...

The computer class I am taking, "Integrated Business Applications," hasn't been set up properly by the teacher.

A: I cannot upload my "Certificate" (which, for some reason, lists my grade as an 83.67% though I scored 100 on every quiz)

B: Some of the quizzes did not have the proper information for some of the answers - I took a quiz twice to get an answer because of this (the quizzes are graded by the highest score, not a single attempt)

C: The assignments are not linked anywhere, and there is no explanation as to how to get to them

D: The class had assignments due yesterday, when yesterday was listed as the start date

E: Everyone is having the same problems as I listed here.

I hope it gets sorted out before everyone gets an "F" on their High-School record because the teacher didn't properly set up/explain her site.

Just found out that a good friend cancer is back with a vengeance. 3 months tops. I hope I can manage to see him before too long. He & his wife are the loving old couple that makes you smile because they are so devoted to each other & kind to all.

That's awful.

My sister's friend, Iggy, died about a year ago at the age of fifteen. My sister wrote a paragraph on facebook about her - only to find, later, a comment reading "I'm sorry Ashleigh, did one of the dogs die?"

It was an honest mistake, but it really upset her.

That's just the closest thing I could think of - misery loves company.

@ BarbieQ' ... such a cruel disease. I hope you get a chance to say goodbye. Hugs x

@ FC ... on the balcony ? Only if it was in another house. Rats and spiders make me a gibbering wreck. Uck

Surely the local authority have a duty of care to clear the house before Monday. They do here, what with the health risks etc

No rant. BarbieQ's post puts a lot of things into perspective ...

Barbie, I'm so sorry to hear that. My grandma died of cancer. Oh, and my professor that I worked for died of cancer a couple days ago.