I wish you had too mate :P

I wish MY students would pay more attention too! Or maybe I need to give them each one single earplug?? :)

English is actually made up of many different languages & there are as many exceptions to the rule as there are rules.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

breath or breathe?

Speaking of English, I have a matriculation exam on Monday. I didn't do that well in the listening comprehension part of the exam, which was last Monday, so in order to get the highest grade I'd need to get at least 200/209...

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Very few individual parts of any given language can be attributed to a single person. So good luck finding "that person."

I guess I'll have to strangle several people then... :P

I suppose I shouldn't be complaining, though. I could be sitting around memorizing a few thousand characters of Chinese instead...o wait D:

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I've been thinking of setting up some sort of online business, in the area of design or social networking, possibly sharing business information or something - it will likely only end up as a few mock-ups, but it's fun to give it a shot. Anyhow, EVERY SINGLE NAME IDEA I HAVE IS A REGISTERED DOMAIN NAME...

Except for 402shine, as I looked at the time, picked a positive adjective, and made it... The mock-up image didn't turn out well, though. Anyways, I need to continue with ideas and possibly take more medicine and look into website coding... I'd like to be able to say I tried it.

Edit: Going to crack open a thesaurus, create a few mock-ups, and brainstorm...

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

'or something'

Aaaaaaand stop.

Don't even try this. Until you have a much, much more concrete idea of what you're doing, jumping straight in will doom you to failure immediately. Also, if you need to look into website coding some more, practice first; learning as you go along with the project will only give you poor foundations. It is much better to start of with some knowledge of website coding from the beginning.

'or something'

Aaaaaaand stop.

Don't even try this. Until you have a much, much more concrete idea of what you're doing, jumping straight in will doom you to failure immediately. Also, if you need to look into website coding some more, practice first; learning as you go along with the project will only give you poor foundations. It is much better to start of with some knowledge of website coding from the beginning.

Didn't I say that I was just doing mock-ups for now?

I finally got an idea, though, and the logo looks okay... Not going to share it, yet, though, I'm going to put it to rest, do homework, then come back to it. I'll be setting a foundation for the idea of the fake company, and I did pick a name that would work for all three, and then I'll see where I go from there.

I've been a child, and I still am one, and I learned not to invest much hope, if any at all, in any idea of something I have to commit to. I'm taking it slow, don't worry...

I'll share it eventually, once I've decided if it will be the one I stick with or not... Anyways, I guess I'm being over-defensive. Thanks for the advice.

Edit - and also, I've seen some website coding by fooling around with Google Chrome's "Inspect Element," and I've seen how, vaguely, to embed images and such... Though it's not enough to actually set something up.

Edited by AGJM

Edit - and also, I've seen some website coding by fooling around with Google Chrome's "Inspect Element," and I've seen how, vaguely, to embed images and such... Though it's not enough to actually set something up.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.....

Coding websites is not as innocent a pastime as it used to be. With the release of HTML5 and the explosion of the mobile phenomena things have become awfully complicated.

Unless you have a very solid understanding of how HTML5 and CSS work then I've give it a miss. If you already know what is meant by the terms 'responsive design' and 'graceful degradation' then you might have a future in the industry.

The other option is to become a Wordpress guru. Not an easy learning curve I can assure you.

• Upvote 1

Rant: I'm so out of shape >:[ I've gained way too much weight, although I'm trying to convince myself it's muscle... Back on track!

I've been doing push ups lately - around 25-100 a day. I'm going to start running soon, too.

AGJM: Great for you! Wow a hundred push ups :0 And yeah running is awesome. Especially once you start going slightly longer distances. Some people say they can think clearer when they are running. I can't concentrate on anything but running whilst running, but it's relaxing nonetheless.Before summer I ran 9km three times a week regularly and I'd just begun to run 12km once a week. Then came the heat, the holiday and the partying... *sigh*

My upper body strength is laughable. I can just barely do a chin-up, maybe 30 push-ups at most, and I think I'm doing them wrong...

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Well, my grandmother's sister, my grand-aunt, Dorris, passed away last night, from a stroke. I only met her this past summer, and I remember we were joking with her. She was 93. My grandmother, though, informed me on the phone. She sounded rather depressed, as if she was entertaining the thought that she would likely die soon, too. She was saying that she likely wouldn't be able to make it down this year, and told me to tell my parents about Dorris' passing. She also asked if my littlest sister, Stephanie, was around, and after I said I couldn't find her she said "Well, that's that." I told her that I would tell Stephanie she called and that Stephanie would likely call her back, and she said "No, she doesn't need to make any special calls like that." I probably would've thought nothing of it if it wasn't for the tone she used. She sounded like she was tired, and on the verge of tears. I'm afraid that this past summer's memories may be my last with her. Right now, all I can do is pray that they wont be. In chapel the other day, the message was about praising God in difficult times - so right now, I don't know... Not really as bad as what a lot of people go through, but it still hurts...

Edited by AGJM

I'm sorry to hear that your grand-aunt passed away. My thoughts are with you.

Thank you.

It's more of how sad my grandmother is that is getting to me - my great aunt, as I was told is proper term, is in a far better place... I do regret that we cannot make it to the funeral service, though...

Edit: I'm rather forgetful these days. I forgot to say thank you.

Edited by AGJM

I've always thought it came from the colour of pitch. Tarry stuff ?

Sounds like you had the same summer as us. But I mustn't forget the week of sun in July. Or was it August ? It's been so long I've forgotten

Could be Tar, never thought about it that way ;) I think it was July. August was a wash out in Surrey.

ZXCBOoZ.png

It was getting dark here at around 6:00 pm because of the gloomy and rainy weather we've been having and I live in the states. It's sad to see summer leave so soon although the leaves look gorgeous outside my window.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

My teacher. I explained it to her in class, in a more polite tone, and she said the same thing she did here:

Problem.png

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure I am right. I'll take it up with my grandfather - who had an English major - later on.

Also, my Integrated Business Applications class had me make a logo in Microsoft Word. I just found that funny - not legitimately upset, just think it is kind of funny.