Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

AGJM - "Anything that is frustrating and takes a while to become fun isn't my thing" is the motto that most of my students live by. So they hop from thing to thing & never find what it is they are looking for. You know when people say that anything worthwhile takes time & practice - believe it!

Otherwise I would have given up with PDN, raising kids, getting my teaching degree, relationships, driving a car...breathing.

So true.

I was watching a tv programme about a children's cancer unit and it made me think of the past few posts here.

The negativity here compared to the positivity those kids show, even though some of them will never leave except in a box, is quite frustrating ... not so much that I'm going to beat things with a stick - that's counter-productive IMO. Violence is never a good outlet for frustration ... take it from someone who knows.

AGJM ... no offense meant here, but I do worry about your state of mind mate. Much too hard on yourself but you also seem to look down a lot at other people. Not a good combination

Have you ever considered doing volunteer work with/ for people who are a lot worse off than yourself ? It may help to put everything into perspective

Life isn't easy and it only gets you down if you let it.

Contradiction - you can get it - what are your parents asking you to do or not do? Give them what they want & you will get what you want. Easy peasy.

No they basically say, "Do you want it or no? Then do this." Then they use it for something else afterward and something afterward...

No they basically say, "Do you want it or no? Then do this." Then they use it for something else afterward and something afterward...

You could always just buy it yourself....

Right everytime I slip it's pulled away. Anyways the hat is one of the very special Fedoras worn by Matt Bomer as Neal Caffrey in the ABC hit show White Collar. (That's why I want it so bad)

Right everytime I slip it's pulled away. Anyways the hat is one of the very special Fedoras worn by Matt Bomer as Neal Caffrey in the ABC hit show White Collar. (That's why I want it so bad)

White Collar is a very badass show.

@ NMD21 ... earn, then give some money to someone other than your parents for the hat. :PaintBrushTool:

Edited by welshblue

So here I am taking Physics for Engineers and doing well and whatnot. We finish out third test and look at that! I have a 75 in the class and a 80 with attendance extra credit! Great! So I decide to actually do my homework and study for the final. With the homework now turned in and an 85 on the final, my grade before the attendance extra credit was an 87. With the extra credit? 88. Apparently the extra credit is scaled with your grade. I think I deserve that A :( With a B in Physics and Ethics, this semester's GPA is pretty sucky.

Not realy a rant but heyo: Where I live Burger King is called Hungry Jacks... That good sir is just plain dumb, its called Burger King all over the world except for 1 country... 1 COUNTRY! and the worst part?

JACK ISNT EVEN HUNGRY

Not realy a rant but heyo: Where I live Burger King is called Hungry Jacks... That good sir is just plain dumb, its called Burger King all over the world except for 1 country... 1 COUNTRY! and the worst part?

JACK ISNT EVEN HUNGRY

That made me laugh xD If you make a trip to Adelaide, you can eat at Burger King, though it isn't quite the same lol

My rant: Is it just me or are things taught REALLY slowly in US public schools? I was gone for 3 weekdays and I hardly missed anything. In fact, I sat down the day I came back and took two tests and a quiz without a problem...even after missing two lectures and a review day. Really, the whole deal is a waste of time. I should be learning at least twice as much as I am :doh:

JACK ISNT EVEN HUNGRY

Hey, I know the place. Personally, it is not worth the bother. I hope Burger King are better.

My rant: politics at work. Minding my own business, doing my job, & suddenly you just know that you have walked into the middle of a mine field.

Rant #2: The difference between males & females in communication - argh! I don't need you to fix it, tell me how to fix it, what to say, how to feel - just listen, roll your eyes & say "That's terrible! How about a coffee & a biscuit?"

Rant#3: New baby girl ratty - store assistant assured me it was a girl & popped it quick smart into the box. At this very young age (far too young IMHO to have left his mummy) its hard to tell & of course it was scared to death. Hours later relaxed with a full tummy - Rosebud is just Buddy. I could take him back but he is the sweetest darling, sitting on my shoulder as I work on the pc.

My nearest Burger King changed to KFC :|

Change is everywhere. My local council has made changes to bin days in an effort to recycle and cut down on landfill. Boxes and bags for everything. With a nice financial penalty if you persistently break the new order ... I'd better learn quickly :plug:

Rant #2: The difference between males & females in communication - argh! I don't need you to fix it, tell me how to fix it, what to say, how to feel - just listen, roll your eyes & say "That's terrible! How about a coffee & a biscuit?"

Men are from Mars..., I recommend it. Blokes like to SOLVE problems using as few words as possible. This you will have to get used to. If you want to just TALK - seek female company :)

BTW: Totally agree with John Gray about the Man Cave too!

EER, I have the book & read it. Yes, I know. So I start the conversation with "I want to explain to you why I am so furious so that you know it is not you & I am not looking for a solution because I have one." Now I can see my problem. Too many words. I should have just said, "Work's the pits. Beer?"

I have an issue with the man cave idea. The laundry is in the man cave, my cave is half of that territory. Poor man, eh?

NO! Poor me! Where is my Phillips head screwdriver? Where is my ratchet & extension bar AND my 12mm socket? You know my tools go missing? Because they are easy to find the first time.

Next birthday I am going to blow out the candles & wish for a cave of my own with a biometrix entry. Yes, I'd love hubby to have his own man cave...only time I'd be in there is to retrieve my tools!

Interesting too is that at uni I had a study buddy & we would swap essays for final edit. He slashed mine, I teased his out. I marvel at the way men can use so few words. Quite a bit of envy there too. :)

• Upvote 1

My luck hasn't been to great lately.

I worked through a math test, taking the entire period to check over the test, and I got one question wrong because I left out ^2 next to the x. I had the right answer on my work paper, but I forgot that one tiny thing... I got a 96, and my grade in the class is a 92.96. If I had written the answer down right, I would have about a 93 - which is the lowest form of an A, which would mean I would be exempt from the final. For now, I hope to bring that grade up.

Next, I have my science project - 20% of my final grade. I worked for a good hour, translating this page into English that the average person can understand, and making it all my own writing. I copied and pasted the document from microsoft word into Hotmail and sent it to myself - I didn't save the document, however. Hotmail cut off the majority of my work, for some reason, and I have until next Tuesday to finish it.

I keep getting so frustrated with myself...