So here I am taking Physics for Engineers and doing well and whatnot. We finish out third test and look at that! I have a 75 in the class and a 80 with attendance extra credit! Great! So I decide to actually do my homework and study for the final. With the homework now turned in and an 85 on the final, my grade before the attendance extra credit was an 87. With the extra credit? 88. Apparently the extra credit is scaled with your grade. I think I deserve that A :( With a B in Physics and Ethics, this semester's GPA is pretty sucky.

signature.png

Not realy a rant but heyo: Where I live Burger King is called Hungry Jacks... That good sir is just plain dumb, its called Burger King all over the world except for 1 country... 1 COUNTRY! and the worst part?

JACK ISNT EVEN HUNGRY

GB6iH.png

Not realy a rant but heyo: Where I live Burger King is called Hungry Jacks... That good sir is just plain dumb, its called Burger King all over the world except for 1 country... 1 COUNTRY! and the worst part?

JACK ISNT EVEN HUNGRY

That made me laugh xD If you make a trip to Adelaide, you can eat at Burger King, though it isn't quite the same lol

My rant: Is it just me or are things taught REALLY slowly in US public schools? I was gone for 3 weekdays and I hardly missed anything. In fact, I sat down the day I came back and took two tests and a quiz without a problem...even after missing two lectures and a review day. Really, the whole deal is a waste of time. I should be learning at least twice as much as I am :doh:

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

JACK ISNT EVEN HUNGRY

Hey, I know the place. Personally, it is not worth the bother. I hope Burger King are better.

My rant: politics at work. Minding my own business, doing my job, & suddenly you just know that you have walked into the middle of a mine field.

Rant #2: The difference between males & females in communication - argh! I don't need you to fix it, tell me how to fix it, what to say, how to feel - just listen, roll your eyes & say "That's terrible! How about a coffee & a biscuit?"

Rant#3: New baby girl ratty - store assistant assured me it was a girl & popped it quick smart into the box. At this very young age (far too young IMHO to have left his mummy) its hard to tell & of course it was scared to death. Hours later relaxed with a full tummy - Rosebud is just Buddy. I could take him back but he is the sweetest darling, sitting on my shoulder as I work on the pc.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Rant #2: The difference between males & females in communication - argh! I don't need you to fix it, tell me how to fix it, what to say, how to feel - just listen, roll your eyes & say "That's terrible! How about a coffee & a biscuit?"

Men are from Mars..., I recommend it. Blokes like to SOLVE problems using as few words as possible. This you will have to get used to. If you want to just TALK - seek female company :)

BTW: Totally agree with John Gray about the Man Cave too!

EER, I have the book & read it. Yes, I know. So I start the conversation with "I want to explain to you why I am so furious so that you know it is not you & I am not looking for a solution because I have one." Now I can see my problem. Too many words. I should have just said, "Work's the pits. Beer?"

I have an issue with the man cave idea. The laundry is in the man cave, my cave is half of that territory. Poor man, eh?

NO! Poor me! Where is my Phillips head screwdriver? Where is my ratchet & extension bar AND my 12mm socket? You know my tools go missing? Because they are easy to find the first time.

Next birthday I am going to blow out the candles & wish for a cave of my own with a biometrix entry. Yes, I'd love hubby to have his own man cave...only time I'd be in there is to retrieve my tools!

Interesting too is that at uni I had a study buddy & we would swap essays for final edit. He slashed mine, I teased his out. I marvel at the way men can use so few words. Quite a bit of envy there too. :)

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

My luck hasn't been to great lately.

I worked through a math test, taking the entire period to check over the test, and I got one question wrong because I left out ^2 next to the x. I had the right answer on my work paper, but I forgot that one tiny thing... I got a 96, and my grade in the class is a 92.96. If I had written the answer down right, I would have about a 93 - which is the lowest form of an A, which would mean I would be exempt from the final. For now, I hope to bring that grade up.

Next, I have my science project - 20% of my final grade. I worked for a good hour, translating this page into English that the average person can understand, and making it all my own writing. I copied and pasted the document from microsoft word into Hotmail and sent it to myself - I didn't save the document, however. Hotmail cut off the majority of my work, for some reason, and I have until next Tuesday to finish it.

I keep getting so frustrated with myself...

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

That made me laugh xD If you make a trip to Adelaide, you can eat at Burger King, though it isn't quite the same lol

My rant: Is it just me or are things taught REALLY slowly in US public schools? I was gone for 3 weekdays and I hardly missed anything. In fact, I sat down the day I came back and took two tests and a quiz without a problem...even after missing two lectures and a review day. Really, the whole deal is a waste of time. I should be learning at least twice as much as I am :doh:

I feel the same way, at times... They don't move fast enough, then the government complains about our education... Sort of like how the government sends out food stamps for food that is loaded with calories for very small portions of a meal, and then complains about obesity...

Next, I have my science project - 20% of my final grade. I worked for a good hour, translating this page into English that the average person can understand, and making it all my own writing. I copied and pasted the document from microsoft word into Hotmail and sent it to myself - I didn't save the document, however. Hotmail cut off the majority of my work, for some reason, and I have until next Tuesday to finish it.

I keep getting so frustrated with myself...

I used to deal with issues like these until I started using Dropbox for my academic work. Now I use Dropbox and Google Drive to really make sure that there is a copy of sensitive documents SOMEWHERE in the cloud.

signature.png

What state do you live in? I didn't feel like I was challenged much during my time in public schools, however for high school I went to my state's magnet school for math and science: http://www.asms.net

It was still technically a public school so it was free to attend and it was WAY more challenging. It made my freshman year at university feel like a breeze. :P

signature.png

What state do you live in? I didn't feel like I was challenged much during my time in public schools, however for high school I went to my state's magnet school for math and science: http://www.asms.net

It was still technically a public school so it was free to attend and it was WAY more challenging. It made my freshman year at university feel like a breeze. :P

We had a program called PACE at my old public school in Florida, and it made this year (eighth grade) feel like third grade. I already had a civics class, and yet, at my new school, I am back to reading watered-down versions of history... I think I kept my notebook from civics, and I hope I did as it would help in the future...

Anyways, I think being out of PACE for a while has gotten me dulled - I don't work as hard anymore, even with ADD medicine that I didn't have while I was in PACE. I will hopefully be in honors classes next year, so that I can end up in AP and get college credit.

Edit: Public school in Florida gives a better education than private school in the northern region South Carolina - where my private school is one of the top schools for a good education in the area.

As of fourth grade, my IQ was 140, and that is what got me into the PACE program.

Edit 2: My medicine is starting to take effect. Time for me to get to work.

Edited by AGJM

Too many words. I should have just said, "Work's the pits. Beer?"
:lol:
I marvel at the way men can use so few words. Quite a bit of envy there too. :)

Yeah. (I wanted to leave it at that :lol: )

I had my eyes opened by that book. My partner and I both read it and now we both have caves. I think you need them. It's not just the tools - it's the place where the (cave)men go to lick their wounds when the hunting has been poor. We think about stuff there. The tools are just puffery.

My 'cave' is any space immediately in front of a screen. I get deaf there. Even though I can respond to questions I don't hear them.

Men huh?

...I'm sorry, have you met me?

Only on here...see how well you did with that one?? :lol: There's always an exception to the rule :scanner:

@EER, we have separate offices too. Interesting concept - screen deafness. I vaguely remember him saying something...& I did respond. Must've been an ok response...wonder what I've agreed to this time :unimpressed:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

How many exceptions does it take to brake a rule?

rant: I'm hungry all the time!

congratz on 3k posts! :D

Unfortunately, I'm not in Alabama. Otherwise, I would seriously consider going there (w00t for math and science! :D ) Anyhow, I wasn't public schooled until I got to high school, so I'm really questioning the state of US education now >.>

what I do all summer Emote Cursor Pack 'noob gallery

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Interesting concept - screen deafness. I vaguely remember him saying something...& I did respond. Must've been an ok response...wonder what I've agreed to this time :unimpressed:

Screen deafness is just the start. It gets worse. Much worse.

I sit in front of the screen and my hearing goes first. Next the mouth drops open. I start to grunt and groan.

There has to be a support group for this...., "Hi my name is ____ and I'm a Screen Zombie!" (chorus: "Hi ____")