Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

My rant: Can some please turn off the wind or at least turn it down. I am over it.

Try an indigestion tablet :lol::P

I agree with Barbie' that todays society is a lot more tolerant and much less ignorant about g.a.y. couples - as it should be

Well...

Seems like whenever I'm down, frustrated, etc, no one cares. I go and sit alone and try not to be messed with, but now everyone thinks that I'm an "attention whore" because I do that. Trying to be left alone is being an attention whore?

Since when?

It takes effort not to punch people in the face at my school.

That's because the open display of negative feelings besides anger is still frowned upon in today's society, today even more than in earlier times. You have to be happy, you have to be social, and isolating behaviour like yours is generally seen as begging for attention because you differ from the social stereotype of your peers. How old are you again?

Rant: Bike got stolen.

Try an indigestion tablet :lol::P

Why did I not think of this sooner?!

AGJM, when I was very young I would often separate myself from others & was labelled "unsociable & sulky". In fact I was neither. I had an active enquiring mind that went beyond playing with dolls etc. My grandmother understood this. I would explore my surroundings. See how the wallpaper pattern repeated, what shapes & colours, how it fitted over the walls & around fittings etc. I was off in my own world. Whether it was indoors or outdoors, there was something to explore. I would often say I had a great time but my mother could not understand - "You spent most of the time alone! How could you have?"

Moral of the story AGJM, is that people have certain expectations for us. Expectations that go unmet, cause grief. In the story above, I was expected to play dolls with the other girls, not go off staring at the walls. I expected my parents to understand what I was doing. After all they are my parents, how could they not understand how I think? Why would they want to me play pretend games when there is so much to see? You can guess at how perplexed my parents were at my failing to meet their expectations of me.

Next time you go off & want to be alone, take a maths text book with you...I've found the best way to get people to leave you alone is to ask them to help you with something. :D

@ Frontcannon - about 10 younger than you. Hope you get your bike back. That sux!

My rant is similar - someone tried to break into my car last night. Dogs & hubby scared them off. Now I keep the floodlight on with the motion sensor.

Well...

Seems like whenever I'm down, frustrated, etc, no one cares. I go and sit alone and try not to be messed with, but now everyone thinks that I'm an "attention whore" because I do that. Trying to be left alone is being an attention whore?

Since when?

It takes effort not to punch people in the face at my school.

I know exaclty how you feel man. I love to think for long streches without interuption, so I go to a quite spot on my church grounds one day and get labeled a creep! Frankly the ones who do that though are immediately letting you know that they aren't the ones to hang around, so I just ignore them because they don't understand me.

@Kemaru

I know this is a bit old now, but thought I should say this anyay, my sister came out about six months ago and is now engaged to her best friend. So you never know. :P

Edited by TheHowler

@Kemaru

I know this is a bit old now, but thought I should say this anyay, my sister came out about six months ago and is now engaged to her best friend. So you never know. :P

Your sister (Rosie Bea?) is h.o.m.o ??

OK, in IE9, which idiot put the back button on the top LEFT and the favorites button on the top RIGHT?!

Did no one use this before release?

Ok I know this is a little old but,

Yes BB I used it before and fyi you can move it back to the left if you want to. Don't remember how, but I did it once.

fyi you can move it back to the left if you want to. Don't remember how, but I did it once.

You probably did that by switching to IE8. :P

It's official ... Britain is downright barmy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15596588

... and they wonder why the far-right is becoming increasingly popular in parts of the country :roll:

*** Edit ... I must add, I'm not a member of any far-right organisations, nor do I subscribe to their views but why if you have a view on immigration policies are you classed a racist ?

Edited by welshblue

Don't know how to switch to IE8. My parents control all the browser stuff.I use IE9.

Better that than IE7. 'Course, you could always get Chrome.

Well... My name is Stephan. I'm a video game addict. I am not at all aggressive. YOU SEE, I AM NOT AGGRESSIVE! :twisted: I like Halo, Half Life 2, BattleField 2142, Command and Conquer 3, Oblivion and Red Alert. Also, i like shooting at people with guns.

This Real-Life game i play has real good graphics, and a realistic system. You should play it too. People start running around when you carry a gun, and when you shoot them , you can actually see them bleeding very intensely. It also seems that it is portable, since i can take it practically everywhere... You guys should play it too! :twisted:

The caption here should read: "Pull my finger!"

Indeed. There is a really blurry line between what is needed to keep an industry alive and well (yes, I said well darnit) and overt greed. This extends too far into the latter. Sadly, the folks on the Hill are well fed by the people pushing for it so I dont expect much compromise or an outright killing of it as yet.

Biggest thing they fail to grasp is in their highlight examples are what drive new customer bases. Parody, and other "remixes" etc simply increase the chances of someone buying into the originals etc. Even one of the highest ranking sales chart groups (based on gross sales) started off handing out bootlegs of their work to spread the exposure. Seems to have worked out well for Lars and the various publishers since then ...

Sadly, business as usual on the Hill. Moving forward regardless of reality. :roll:

Edited by delpart

Dat SOPA/PIPA Act... >.>

The SOPAPIPA Act (so-pa-pe-pa as I call it) is outragous!!! We are turning into a "nanny state" because of these multiple laws made to stop criminals, but why would a law stop criminals who break the law weekly anyways.

Read this article I found on the subject! -Nanny State

Quote:

"The regulation of products used to make drugs doesn't work anyway. It just makes addicts more resourceful. In response to the clamp down on cold remedies, someone came up with a one-pot or shake-and-bake method of producing meth. Instead of a lab with beakers and hoses taking up a lot of space, all drug producers need now is a two-liter drink bottle. A couple of weeks ago, a woman was arrested while making meth in the bathroom at a Wal-Mart. I guess we now need a ban on plastic soda bottles."

Dat SOPA/PIPA Act... >.>

If SOPA or PIPA pass, it could have dire consequences for websites like Paint.NET. All it would take is for one person to post copyrighted material on here for the site to be blacklisted by the Attorney General for copyright infringement.Talk about a slippery slope!

All it would take is for one person to post copyrighted material on here for the site to be blacklisted by the Attorney General for copyright infringement.Talk about a slippery slope!

Copyright infringement is a very slippery slope and a very thin line, just take a look around all the search engine sites, "stills" from movies, "posters" from movies / games / music. Video uploaded by people on utube, album artwork that has strict copyright laws, infact almost every image you see out there (unless stated otherwise) is copyright protected. I may be wrong, but I am also sure that us individuals as creators of our own work must have some copyrights (as long as you can prove it is your work) I have seen "art" on dA that is blatantly "borrowed", edited and reposted and I am guessing not always with the original owners consent. How many of us on here use "copyrighted" images (flags, coins, cars etc..) as a basis for our work? Like I mention unless it is stated otherwise, we don't have the right to use anyones images.

The copyright infringement laws will affect everyone global (I have not read all the facts) but it is a worry. If it is past in one country it will end up affecting everyone. Even if all you want is that album art cover to go into your zune or WMP.

Just thought I would add my opinion :)