Is it fair that my current school blocks my elementary school's website? I find that almost outrageous.

Also, I have found that Windows 7 is less stable than XP in my case. I'm actually considering moving back to XP.

Edit: My computer crashed right after I posted this.

Edited by himself22

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

I'm actually considering moving back to XP.

Don't stop at XP - roll back to DOS 6.2! boltbait.big_smile.png

@himself22: Windows 7 is as rock solid as any operating system that has ever come out of Microsoft. I can say with 99% confidence that the problems you are facing are coming from one of three things: faulty hardware, shoddy third party driver software, or lack of care for the computer in terms of keeping the software clean and using virus protection.

signature.png

That's not a bark to irritate you. It's a plea for help because the poor doggy is bored/miserable/cold/unloved or hurting.

Call the authorities and get them to check on it.

It would be great to see some comments from others in my gallery. I spend a lot of time give C & C to others but not often do these ones stop by & leave a comment for me.

If it wasn't for the handful of comments, mostly from those who are on Fans or dA, my gallery would go unnoticed. It takes a bit of work to keep a gallery here & just because we've been around for a bit doesn't mean we don't need fresh eyes from new ones.

If I give you advice, do you check out my gallery to see if I know what I am talking about? And if you do is it too much to ask that you leave a bit of C & C? Some of the advice requires me to actually test it & that takes time.

Seriously, peeps, a bit of reciprocity would go a long way otherwise why should I bother??

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Yep, I agree with you on everything except your work. I think it is beautiful. Maybe because more often than not I get it. Something that AFG alluded to on Fans.

My works please me & that is the reason I make it. However, we all like to have our efforts at least acknowledged esp when we go out of our way to help others.

A very sad state of affairs. Thank goodness for the handful that are appreciative. That includes you. Without you & like-minded ones, my works would be very ordinary indeed. Thanks buddy! :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I haven't been to the Pictorium in ages.. I still regularly use Paint.NET, but my creative efforts have shifted towards music, and I haven't done any art in months.

I check the forums often enough to get a rough grasp of what's going on (nothing), but that's it. I think this is the case with lots of the older members on here (2000+ posts).

(2000+ posts)

I looked at your post count, and you just barely made it has an older member. I however, have way less posts, and have been around longer than you.

It's the same thing here:

How do you see how good you are? Posts? How long you've been around? People could get offended.

Edited by himself22

Photobucket sucks!

I looked at your post count, and you just barely made it has an older member. I however, have way less posts, and have been around longer than you.

It's the same thing here:

How do you see how good you are? Posts? How long you've been around? People could get offended.

Good point.

H.G. Wells said that a man's greatness can be measured by "what he leaves to grow, and whether he started others to think along fresh lines with a vigor that persisted after him."

There are a few here that meet that criteria.

MM, it sux when you have a coach that fails to help you improve or even encourage existing skills.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

It's the same thing here: http://forums.getpai...petition-ideas/

Ha yeah, post count actually is a worthless indicator. How about.. time, I guess?

Excepting where someone has "10 years experience", when they actually have one year of experience repeated 10 times.

I hear this a lot when planes crash. "Oh very experienced pilot - over 20 years in the air". Really? Then he/she should have known that hitting the ground at speed would be bad.

(It's almost never a mechanical fault).

How about.. time, I guess?

I don't think so. I've been around since 2008, and some people who have only been here 6 months are more skilled than me. It's because I've been on and off on Paint.net.

Photobucket sucks!

Quite so.

"Our Sozo,

Who art in Heaven,

Hallowed be thy name...,"

:D

Quite so.

"Our Sozo,

Who art in Heaven,

Hallowed be thy name...,"

:D

Well, his art is great, his advice is spot-on & he has been very nice to me over the couple of years I have been here.

I always thought Ash was God...no wonder my prayers have been going unanswered! I've been praying to the wrong one...

"Sozo, I've been a good girl (mostly). Please, please grant me my wish for a new computer."

Or is that what I am meant to ask a Genie?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I've been kicking around (lurking) here since '08 as well, but only now thought I'd actually start to post some stuff. But I don't do much art anymore, I found myself low on ideas. I want to learn PS but I don't have the patience, which sucks cause I want to go into Graphic Design work when I'm older. *sigh*

Edited by Sfifer

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

• 1 month later...