Rants *enter at own risk*

Yeah.

"Oh. Should we lay down or put paper bags over our heads or something?"

"If you like."

"Will it help?"

"Not at all."

-HG2G

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

OK, I'm in a very grumpy mood today. My cat woke me up at 3:00 in the morning for some unknown reason, and because the house across from me was holding a late night party or something, I couldn't go back to sleep. So there was me, with those circles around your eyes when you're tired, in bed, trying to go to sleep. Ugh.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

RANT: Work on a sunday, and not having all of my Christmas shopping done. :evil: Tis the season.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I can't say I've ever seen the logic behind the notion of doing your Christmas shopping in the 10 or so days leading up to Christmas: why not do it in the sales just after the holidays for next year, or even better, buy in June, when the shops are empty?

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Oh, sure, it's a great idea. The only problem: I didn't do it. :-)

My rant: 3390mb download. Do I need to say more?

On the plus side though, its downloading at just under 800 kb/sec. Still though, its about an hour and a half. For all of you with dial up, I have no idea how you live.

EDIT: Oh yea, then I have to split it into 4 seperate files, transfer them to my computer, put it back together, and install.

I'm still alive!

Rant: Why cant paint.net be Paint.NET

It is.

Rant : i was going to watch an movie in theatre called "American Gangster"

a pretty good movie . but when we come to the film room where whe where going to watch it , there was just an première of an other movie in that room , the movie was of one of the famoust groups in Belguim called "K3". loads and loads off celebrities where coming out of it. now thanks to that our movie had an 45minutes Delay !

Rant 2 : Yes! finally the movie was playing. *brake for 10 minutes* i was going out the room and in the theatre they got playStation 3 . i was going to play it and i did , after 10 minutes i was back in the room. *10 minutes*-*15 minutes*-*20 minutes*-*25 minutes*-*30 minutes* Finally the movie starts again with now an delay of 20 minutes.

Rant 3 : when the movie was done it snowed a little . the road was very slippery , when we come to the high-speed road there was an accident . we where waiting for about 2 hours untill we can drive to our home.

Rant 4 : i forgot to put the heating on so the house was totaly freezing .:)

@Andrew D , was this a good post?

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

Rant: Why cant paint.net be Paint.NET
I actually agree. We claim Paint.NET to be written as 'Paint.NET', capitalised P and NET, yet it isn't so on the official logo, which is something users automatically look at when browsing (when it comes to image vs. text, images win with the brain). They then become confused when they see the conflict between the logo and written word and believe 'NET' to be emphasising .NET and not attribute it to being its name. Then we complain when people say 'I love paint.net'.

'Dude, it's Paint.NET.'

'It doesn't say that on the logo.'

'Well, it's just how to write it.'

'Come on, even the lead developer's signature has it all lowercase.'

'...'

Now, as the .NET part is supposed to echo PDN's foundations, would it not be wise to have it capitalised like .NET Framework, or is there some copyright infringement with doing this?

Good point Myrddin !

its actually a big problem .

not easy to solve.

3 Hurrays for Myrddin!

G'dDay

Bugster

Rant:In total there are 61 users online :: 14 registered, 1 hidden and 46 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes) and nobody takes the time to answer an topic? :wink:

Nobody wanna comment on my Rants ? i was so Pissed off that day :)

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

But wouldn't that sort of mess up the logo? How could you similarly apply the gradients on "NET" instead of "net"?
Now you make a good point. Looking at the .NET Framework logo, .NET is lowercase, therefore Rick has it correct (was there really any doubt about that?), and if he was to uppercase the titled logo it would then not be true to the .NET Framework logo.

I can't think of any way to solve this without making Paint.NET look like a cheap knock-off with its titular logo, so simply reminding the user to correctly spell it is the best we can do. Unless Rick has any ideas.

Although, if this conversation was to continue, it would be better to play it in the as this may be diverting the whole 'Rants' thing.