Rants *enter at own risk*

I know I posted this rant before eons ago (before the rants thread) but I hate it when people call me "Ncfan" or "ncfan" or "nc" or "Nc" or "Ncfan51". For the record it's "ncfan51", no more, no less.

I really don't see why. nc sounds completely fine and it can become habit to abbreviate commonly used names/words. A lot of people also like to leave numbers out of usernames just because you get the point if they say xxyy instead of xxyy1235485.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

/me kicks the forum

:evil: come on, let's get some posting on...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

im missed it :?

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

Password must be between 8 and 30 characters long, must contain letters in mixed case and must contain numbers.

You're kidding with me, right?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Password must be between 8 and 30 characters long, must contain letters in mixed case and must contain numbers.

I hate it when website registrations say that. If everyone has to make a complex password like that, they'll probably save it in notepad so they can copy and paste it in later. Thus less safe than a password which you can actually remember.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I hate it when website registrations say that. If everyone has to make a complex password like that, they'll probably save it in notepad so they can copy and paste it in later. Thus less safe than a password which you can actually remember.

My school used to have these requirements for a password:

-Must be between 8 and 30 characters

-Must contain at least two letters and at least two numbers

-Cannot contain a repeated character in proximity (i.e. LL, 11, EE)

-Cannot contain a word in English, French, Spanish, or Latin (?), including profanities

-Cannot contain a word reversed in English, French, Spanish, or Latin, including profanities

-Cannot contain a word in English, French, Spanish, or Latin with letters replaced by numbers (i.e. 1 for i, 5 for s, 8 for B)

-Must start with a letter

-Must have a number within the first four characters

-Must be case-sensitive (though not necessarily mixed-case)

-Cannot contain your username, first name, last name, or any three consecutive characters of your username, first name, or last name

-Cannot contain your username, first name, or last name reversed

-Cannot contain the acronym "IUPUI," "iupui," or "1upu1"

-Cannot contain symbols except periods, underscores, and numbers.

*whew*

The practical effect of this was that the validator took about a minute and a half to ensure that our passwords were valid. It also ensured that people would write their passwords on their student ID, their hand, a post-it note, etc. and made our network MASSIVELY unsecure. It also meant that the list of possible passwords was cut down to a ridiculously small number, meaning password duplication was common.

Thankfully, they have relaxed those restrictions massively. Now, they've gone to passphrases; all passphrases must be between 25 and 75 characters, with no other restrictions. It's a lot easier to remember a sentence than a string of gibberish.

Takes forever long to type them in, though.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Smooth. I ought to try that, and constantly updating the string at every login... :D

"Hmm... Let's see now... De4qRD343bCOE46drbnz... Password incorrect. DeqRDZRD343bCOE46drbnz... Password incorrect"... Two hours later "Password incorrect... You have been locked out. Please contact your network administrator for assistance"

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I know. But I'm not like "a lot of people".

Missed that post.

But you're not giving a reason for it making you so irritated...

If I wanted to be called "ncfan", I would've written such when I first registered. Not much point in registering a name that you don't want people to call you**

**Except in the case of Chervil (TopHATSlash) and if your unsername is taken.

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

New rant: People that refer to me as "Boltbait". :evil:

My name is BoltBait

How hard is it to copy-and-paste my name from one of my posts?! Seriously!

Oh, and I don't really mind people calling me "BB" for short as long as they call barkbark00 "BB00".

While we're on the topic of complaining about misspelled usernames, pyrochild has NO capitals in it.

It's not Pyrochild, it's not pYrochild, pyRochild, pyrOchild, pyroChild, or anything else with capitals in it.

Call me pyrochild. Call me pyro. Just don't press the bloody SHIFT key while you're typing my name, mmkay?

Blargh.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Life is too short to get mad over such trivial things.

Yeah. You're right. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Call me pyrochild. Call me pyro. Just don't press the bloody SHIFT key while you're typing my name, mmkay?
What about pryochild?

-----------------------------------------

Rant: relating to me previous claim of dislike in capitalising 'Fox' in Firefox, can somebody explain this:

4114_2a333c2b16f041b0d993d34d98747a38

This is a respectable television channel, they could at least spell a popular web browser correctly.

Concerning all of the highlighted sections: since when did I also miss Firefox 3 and 4? Moreover, for the record, I have WMP 11, not 7, and I do have ActiveX installed.

Concerning all of the highlighted sections: since when did I also miss Firefox 3 and 4? Moreover, for the record, I have WMP 11, not 7, and I do have ActiveX installed.
The "FireFox" is just due to someone being a moron. Firefox doesn't use ActiveX, and consequently the site has no way of knowing you have it unless you view in IE. Version numbers, well, javascript-based detection of any version numbers is bloody potato and is not to be trusted in any circumstances.
What about pryochild?
Sure...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Firefox doesn't use ActiveX, and consequently the site has no way of knowing you have it unless you view in IE. Version numbers, well, javascript-based detection of any version numbers is bloody potato and is not to be trusted in any circumstances.
Well, it's a good thing I don't go there often, even less now I've found out searching for news that has been on that day is next to impossible. Thanks pryochild.