Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Hmph. I have enormous lumps on my head, headache, cold, sore throat, I'm feeling sick and lightheaded and spots on my back and chest, and neither a doctor nor a nurse has been able to determine what it is.

sounds like measles to me but hey im not a doctor :lol:

hope you get better soon mate.

Rant: My brother's laptop is broken (I dunno how, but it's apparently fixable. I think we should sell it to some computer geek but my mom disagrees), and now he's managed to break the power cord from my mom's laptop which he was using temporarily.

WTF. Put my coke inside the freezer, forgot to take it out. Now it's turned to ice. There goes my favourite drink...

At least it didn't explode, like mine a few years back.

Every winter here at college this crops up: mold in my dorm. I can't remember the last time I was sick (my parents tell me about third grade), and my doctor says I have a truly remarkable immune system. I still have several allergies that crop up though, and mold is apparently the worst. I have a horrible, racking cough that keeps me from sleeping, seriously, I'd probably sleep better if I was on Chantix (of course, I don't smoke, so the odds are slim). I've literally gotten about 3 and a half hours in the past two days. Remarkably, I haven't collapsed of exhaustion.

Thank heavens, I have plans to get out of this dorm next year, and into the brand new ones under construction right now.

That sucks man!

Seems like everyone around me is getting sick here in WA...

I've got a decent immune system too, though, so I'm not too worried :P

Hope ya get better, sleep deprivation is definitely something that's frustrating / annoying / infuriating :P

:lol:

Rant: Cold. Cough. Head feels like it's going to explode. Oh yeah, Virginia just got buried under snow this past weekend. Another round coming Tuesday.

Just another Southern winter we haven't had in, oh, nearly a decade.

Rant: Cold. Cough. Head feels like it's going to explode. Oh yeah, Virginia just got buried under snow this past weekend. Another round coming Tuesday.

I'M SO MAD! I waited years and years for snow, ever since 96. And now that I'm away at college, what does VA get? Snow, and feet of it. :evil:

I'M SO MAD! I waited years and years for snow, ever since 96. And now that I'm away at college, what does VA get? Snow, and feet of it. :evil:

Want to trade place? :lol:

After 3 summers of drought, I am just grateful to know that this coming summer, the water reserviors will be full to the brim, and we won't have to worry about rationing water like in some part of the country experienced.

Personally, I think hiccups are fun.

Thermodynamics is going to be the death of me. I got the textbook -- it was the wrong edition. I went somewhere else to order it -- it's the SI edition and lacks all the English unit problems the professor assigns. It also has a nice square cut out of the front cover and is scratched and folded to Hell and back. Keep in mind this was supposed to be a new book.

Oh, did I mention that normally this textbook (assuming I get the right version before the course is over) is supposed to cover both Thermodynamics 1 & 2? But the publisher decided to release the 7th edition in time for next semester! Due to stupid university/publisher politics, we can't continue using the 6th edition past this semester. By the time I graduate, I'll have collected the 5th, 6th, 6th SI, and who-knows-how-many versions of the 7th.

The used book market is really hitting publishing houses where it hurts, that why they release new editions of textbooks practically annually. Not because they want to be on the cutting edge, but because by pressuring schools to adopt the most recent edition, they can force students to purchase new. It's a pretty low system if you ask me.

OOhh my golly darn... :P

I have a ridiculous week ahead of me...

though a nice valentines date to wrap it up, so it ought to balance out :mrgreen:

They have a zeroth law?
The term zeroth law was coined by Ralph H. Fowler in the 1920s. This law is arguably the most fundamental of the four numbered laws of thermodynamics. It was called the zeroth law because the need to state it explicitly was not understood until after the First, Second, and Third Laws had been named and become commonplace.