Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

To all of you farmville losers players...

How about taking the time you waste playing that game and plant some real crops?

To all of you guitar hero players...

If you spent the same amount of time learning to play a real guitar, you'd be an expert by now.

:roll:

To all of you guitar hero players...

If you spent the same amount of time learning to play a real guitar, you'd be an expert by now.

:roll:

no, you wouldnt. i know what you're saying but it isnt true at all.

i can play expert guitar on guitar hero, and i stopped playing GH ages ago, and picked up a real guitar. my guitar time has over doubled my GH time, and im good, but by no means an expert.

on the topic of the thread, ugh. facebook. facebook, and facebook games are a massive waste of time. who cares if you can make 70 imaginary coins harvesting imaginary crops with no purpose at all?

on the topic of the thread, ugh. facebook. facebook, and facebook games are a massive waste of time. who cares if you can make 70 imaginary coins harvesting imaginary crops with no purpose at all?

Controversy

In early October 2009, there was controversy regarding the lack of the Indian flag as an available decoration on FarmVille; among several other national flags offered, the tricolour flag of India was missing. This was first publicized in The Times of India and later spread to other media sources.[8] Some considered this absence an "insult" to the country,[2] and campaigns were launched in order to bring attention to the issue. By October 9, over 20,000 users added their name to a petition asking Zynga to add the flag.[2] This also caused other players to request that their national flags be added to the application.[2] On the following day, Zynga released a Twitter message which stated: "We celebrate the diversity of all of our players around the world. We're working on all sorts of flags to help you represent your pride."[8] On October 13, the Indian, the Philippine, and Portuguese flags were added to the game.

FarmVille had given its users virtual cash for various advertising offers: for instance, you would get some virtual currency for signing up for Netflix. However, FarmVille has been accused of scamming its users through misleading offers, such as filling in bogus survey or IQ tests which in fact subscribe the users to an unwanted service which appears on the phone bill.[9][10] In a video posted Mon Nov 9 2009, Zynga CEO Mark Pincus says "I did every horrible thing in the book to, just to get revenues right away. I mean we gave our users poker chips if they downloaded this Zwinky toolbar which was like, I don't know, I downloaded it once and couldn't get rid of it." in regards to business practices.[11] Michael Arrington of TechCrunch accused Facebook of allowing Zynga's FarmVille to continue these practice because a great deal of the money it gets from such leads is reinvested in ads inside the Facebook network.[10] In response to this negative publicity, Zynga removed all virtual cash offers on 8 November 2009 and it is currently only possible to supplement in-game cash by making a direct payment.[12] Zynga is now facing a potential class action lawsuit as a result of these practices.[13][14]

Oma, that is really bad. I didn't want to do the Facebook thing but after much pressure from friends & family I did.

I like the My Zoo game. I've got Brandon on it too & we often discuss strategies which I try to link in with real world scenarios. I thought it could be a good learning tool. Looks like Facebook is not a good thing after all.

At the moment, the fate of my semester grade lies in the hands of a single question on my final exam. I won't know until tomorrow. I don't think I've ever experienced anxiety before, but, oh how it sucks right now. :(

My best friend of 9 years, (Not 'bff' or any of that nonsense, I mean the two kids you rarely see without the other who everyone thinks are obviously going to be room-mates at college) moved to South Carolina today. This is just two years after the third and fourth guys (brothers) who used to rarely be seen without us two moved to Virginia Beach.

See ya later, kid.

Zieon Eslador, sorry about your friend. My closest friend moved overseas, she came back to visit for Christmas, and I just saw her off to the airport Thursday. It can be hard to say goodbye, but with technology being amazing these days there's no real reason geographic distance should really mean goodbye.

RANT: I made brownies, pretty sure now I used too much water. After putting them back in several times they are still liquidy. I tried them anyways. The chocolate chunks that were in them are burnt. So I have goopy burnt brownies, and that's all the chocolate in the house. :(

I'm watching the Australian Open on TV. Why do they have to label every flat surface with a sponsors logo? I mean there are four or five Lacoste logos on each of the linespersons chairs! (I'm sure Lacoste don't even make chairs....,)

It just looks very messy to me. Unimpressed.

I'm watching the Australian Open on TV. Why do they have to label every flat surface with a sponsors logo? I mean there are four or five Lacoste logos on each of the linespersons chairs! (I'm sure Lacoste don't even make chairs....,)

It just looks very messy to me. Unimpressed.

Il turn on channel 7 and watch it now, and your right - so annoyed with over sponsorships/advertising everywhere!

Yeah that stuff is crazy. They're like oh there's a space that's not covered let's go cover it up with an advertisement so people might buy our stuff.

Yeah that stuff is crazy. They're like oh there's a space that's not covered let's go cover it up with an advertisement so people might buy our stuff.

Agreed, and all we want to do is watch tennis! lol

Ugh. I hate doing "self-assessments" at work. At least the rough draft is done.