Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

there are very few applications for where it actually looks good.

Unfortunately Avatar wasn't one of them. :x I've already ranted about it in the movie/films thread so I won't repeat myself further.

An online vigilante on DeviantArt is threatening to report me because of copyright infringement (I use renders).

Now I'm going to have to remove all my deviations that include renders, upload them to ImageShack and replace dozens of URLs on various websites. After that my dA gallery will be empty and I will have no use for it anyway.

Sooo I get into trouble for doing what everyone else is doing anyway :D.

Especially given that he suggested hosting them on another site. The only way I can see that making sense is if his main account is an admin, but if it was he wouldn't go through the reporting process.

i have quite possibly had the most bored 10 hours of work EVER! I had to run the moves at work. Basically what that is i sit at a computer, people call me telling me what product they need, and then i put it in the system for an equipment driver, who then takes the product to the location that needs it. The reason it was so boring is that the night was slow and i only had to schedule two moves in 10 hours.

Also the company i work for are computer nazis they took all the built in games for windows off all of the computers when they upgraded to newer towers and windows xp professional. Also they monitor what you do on the computers and will fire you if you try to get around their blocks.

I was so bored i resorted to reading various standard operating procedures for different departments.

I hate strongly dislike people. (I don't like saying hate, it really is a stronger word than most people think)

I feel no pity whatsoever for these people who cannot face reality. True clinical depression has no object of cause and is caused by either trauma, or hormonal imbalance (generally caused by the 5-HTT gene), so these people claiming depression after watching the movie just can't face reality and thus lose all pity I might have had for them.

I honestly don't think I'm being too harsh.

wow some people do take things to seriously. I went and watched the movie yeah it was very immersive and beautiful, but have feelings of committing suicide afterwards lol as if. Some people take things the wrong way, if you can't discern reality from fiction they have a place for you it's called a mental hospital.

I am not saying that yeah the movie isn't addicting of the sorts because yeah it was absolutely amazing i would have to say despite some flaws in the plot line it was one of the best movies i have seen in my entire life up to this point.

It's nowhere as addicting as world of warcraft lol. I wasted two years of my life on that tripe.

I was so bored i resorted to reading various standard operating procedures for different departments.

If they find out, they might give you a pay rise :lol:

I hate strongly dislike people. (I don't like saying hate, it really is a stronger word than most people think)

I feel no pity whatsoever for these people who cannot face reality. True clinical depression has no object of cause and is caused by either trauma, or hormonal imbalance (generally caused by the 5-HTT gene), so these people claiming depression after watching the movie just can't face reality and thus lose all pity I might have had for them.

I honestly don't think I'm being too harsh.

I do...have you never laughed at something that happened in a movie? or cried? or became furious?

What we watch or read or even listen to affects our emotions & there are plenty of studies by well educated people to prove this to be so.

Sometimes a person who has witnessed or been subjected/affected by an event, can relive those emotions. It's called flashback & it is very real & distressing to the person experiencing it.

So yes, depression from watching a movie can happen but it SHOULD be short-lived.

Thankfully it hasn't affected you but please don't be too quick to judge & condemn others. Of course there are those who are just attention seekers (dull old world if we didn't have them) & those that want to make a quick buck out of any situation. There is quite a number of reasons for this but you'd have to be their psychologist to know for sure.

There are people who have a hard time coping with life & if we look deeper, perhaps we would too in their circumstances.

I'm not a bleeding heart - far from it. A little bit of empathy not sympathy (huge difference) goes a long way.

Please don't think I'm having a shot at you. Just giving a different perspective.

He's not angry about that. These are people who have seen the movie so many times that they think it's real and are depressed because they don't live there.

It really just highlights that we were made for something more...

Barbie, I see your side, movies are meant to stir emotions, and they do for me, my eyes were tearing up for most of 7 Pounds. This might be a problem for people who already have loose control of their emotions from true depression, and I'm fine with that, but my point is somewhere else. :P

I'm apathetic to those people, as david said, who are claiming depression because they don't want to face reality.

I felt kinda depressed after 2012...

Rant: It's annoying that people mock me for playing FarmVille. So what if I harvest my crops once a week? D:

Rant: It's annoying that people mock me for playing FarmVille. So what if I harvest my crops once a week? D:

One of my old teachers once came up to me in the school library, when I had a laptop out. She asked me if she could harvest her squash on Farmville, claiming that they would die if she didn't harvest them soon enough. :lol::lol: