Rant: My DSL/Router keeps having hiccups and dropping connection. Never had this problem before until I decided to move it downstair, only to find out the electrician didn't hook up the phone line to the demarcation, and move it back upstair, and it took forever for it to find a signal. Then we had to have Verizon switch the DSL back on. Since then, it lose connection to the phone line every, oh, 30 minutes or so. I typed several lengthy posts before, lose connection a few second before I submitted it, and then for some idiocy reason, I am logged out after the DSL modem signed back on, and I lose my posts. :evil:

RANT: I'm running out of arguments in an ongoing debate I've had for a while now, and it's vital that I don't fail.
Rubrica, does this involve a certain woman?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Hi Lance,

That sounds pretty annoying.

After that happened to me a few times, I started

typing the long posts into a simple Wordpad document.

When finished, I copy and paste into the forum post.

That way when I get timed-out by a slow connection

I don't have to re-type, just copy/paste again.

RANT: I'm running out of arguments in an ongoing debate I've had for a while now, and it's vital that I don't fail.

Never fail tips:

1. Associate your opponents with EVIL. They are bigots, satanists, terrorists, baby eaters, etc..,

2. Draw illegitimate conclusions. "So what you're trying to say is that gravity affects stockmarket prices??

3. Start arguments with "You see....,". This tells your audience you've considered your opponents arguments (your haven't).

4. Pretend you supported their view in your youth. "I used to think that way, once...,"

Rant: My DSL/Router keeps having hiccups and dropping connection. Never had this problem before until I decided to move it downstair, only to find out the electrician didn't hook up the phone line to the demarcation, and move it back upstair, and it took forever for it to find a signal. Then we had to have Verizon switch the DSL back on. Since then, it lose connection to the phone line every, oh, 30 minutes or so. I typed several lengthy posts before, lose connection a few second before I submitted it, and then for some idiocy reason, I am logged out after the DSL modem signed back on, and I lose my posts.

This might help: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6984

KaHuc.png

Sarkut and Simon Brown, thanks for your tips. I still think it is an issue with the DSL Router/Modem. I know I reset it back to factory default, but that should not be the issue. I suspect it may have to do with it not having a DSL filter provided by Verizon. The *censored* thing is, if I use the filter, the modem takes forever to lock on the signal, which mean I'll have to contact Verizon and have them do their stuff from their end to activate the DSL. Oh the joy of broadband technology.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Never fail tips:

1. Associate your opponents with EVIL. They are bigots, satanists, terrorists, baby eaters, etc..,

2. Draw illegitimate conclusions. "So what you're trying to say is that gravity affects stockmarket prices??

3. Start arguments with "You see....,". This tells your audience you've considered your opponents arguments (your haven't).

4. Pretend you supported their view in your youth. "I used to think that way, once...,"

Thank you, extremly helpful. Although, I am in my youth. :D

Does this involve a certain woman?

What do you mean...?

Does this involve a certain woman?

What do you mean...?

Many topics of conversation from you revolve around women, Rubrica. Katherine and Victoria spring to mind as the latest amongst your harem...

:)

Apparently, I'm typing in invisible font... again.

No, not at all BoltBait. That's a pretty weird thing to happen. That happened when I ordered my Xbox 360. It said it was delivered but it wasn't. I contacted the company, told them it wasn't here and they sent a new one. That one arrived really quickly. Amazingly, 4 months later, the Xbox I enquired about arrived. It had the post date from 4 months ago. :lol:

The box still hasn't arrived... even though the web tracking says that it is "delivered". :(

I've had that happen, though in my case it had been delivered -- to my neighbor. Thankfully, they didn't have much use for a Kia Sportage exhaust pipe.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

The box still hasn't arrived... even though the web tracking says that it is "delivered". :(

I've had that happen, though in my case it had been delivered -- to my neighbor. Thankfully, they didn't have much use for a Kia Sportage exhaust pipe.

:lol:

Rant: Not understanding what's going on because you don't get the abbreviations (QFT?)