Yeah. I've never seen anything else on that site, the entire time I've been looking for it.

And I don't even think he's got an asking price for it. I've emailed him and everything.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I was thinking the same. But hey - who knows? Could be a kind soul who's just never been asked.

I'd share with you if you like. Redirect "david.com/issel" to "boltbait.com" or something like that. :-)

Oh, and ncfan - I didn't even notice. :-) But I really haven't been paying much attention to post count...maybe when I hit 3K.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Cybersquatters online bug me, too. BoltBait, I hope you're not the David that owns http://www.david.com, because I'm quite upset with him.

Look at the page. How worthless.

What a waste of webspace, I could make a more interesting website with my current HTML & CSS skills than that (btw, I have terrible HTML & CSS skills).

That site is just a waste of server space, bandwidth, a URL, & just about anything else. Heck, an animated gif would be better than that flash monstrosity....

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

This is my last hijack.

However, I wouldn't go as far to say we are like persons of the Emo and Gothic sub-cultures; mainly because that has been distorted out of proper context a lot. Being cynical in my opinion is more of an opinion on life and how you treat life, slightly like a religion, but also different in ways cynical people usually don't worship a god, or believe in anything after death, and you get the idea.
That's why I said 'in a sense' meaning that we aren't identical to, but are on the same lines to. Nor did I really say we worshipped a god, but hey-ho. Followers of Gothicism and Emotionalism have their own take on the world, as we do, therefore we are alike, but I must stress the line 'in a sense' as I was just using them as a common reference for others. Anyway, I did say:
we view the world differently and follow a specific belief or outlook on the world.

---------------------------------------------------

Illness for Christmas. Not cool.

Why did it have to rear-up its infected head just before Christmas, I ask?

Update your lists, folks!

THINGS THAT SUCK:

1. The Three-Word Game, which has earned a permanent place on this list. :-)

2. On-and-off relationships, such as my roommate's; which has just entered its fifth (count 'em!) cycle.

3. Stupid commercials, which also tend to be...

4. Commercials that networks play ad nauseam. It's an epidemic.

5. Newscasters who freak out about snow, despite the fact that Central Indiana gets probably 10-20 inches of it a year.

6. Bad actors. Hayden Christiansen, congratulations; you made it to my List.

Any additions?

7. Poorly Designed Websites Either ones where navigation is impossible or where things like text are hard to read (many, many, myspz pages spring to mind, what's the point of telling people about yourself & them making it virtually impossible to read it?)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

7. Poorly Designed Websites Either ones where navigation is impossible or where things like text are hard to read (many, many, myspz pages spring to mind, what's the point of telling people about yourself & them making it virtually impossible to read it?)

7.a) This also applies to websites that serve no clear function, whether it be entertainment, information, or any kind of product.

-----

I hurt my knee the other day by ramming it into a nearby doorpost during a failed handstand. Now it's outrageously sensitive to touch and, conveniently enough, it manages to make sure it gets touched (or even struck) as often as possible.

7b. David.com. GAH! Makes me upset.

But "David has the most broad based [any actual noun is missing] I [meaning someone no one cares about] have ever seen"!

My other rant, besides knee soreness, is long render times in Terragen. Suuure, I may have set the quality to the max.... but now it's sort of fun to watch how slow it goes. :wink:

th_25minutes.png

I guess this is a good time to go ... outside(?) or do something else. >_>

Edit: 50 minutes in:

th_50minutes.jpg

:lol:

I have a feeling this will be an all-nighter. >_> And then some.

More faster = more better!

But even if I did suddenly get an octa-core system I don't think TG2 is properly optimized for multicore processors. >_>

We're at the two hour mark... Granted I won't be babysitting it the whole time, but I really hope this turns out nice enough to warrant the 10 hour render I'm staring down.

th_2hours.jpg

Edit: 3 hours...

th_3hours.jpg

New rant: Getting songs stuck in your head. Does it happen to you? It seems to happen to me, with increasing regularity. Over a week or two, I had the entirety of the album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club in my head. That's alright, but then when its the dire teen-pop that the drivers on the private bus company (also dire) that the County Council contract out, GAAH! :x

@ Wither: How far now? You really should try doing lower quality "test" renders first...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

THINGS THAT SUCK:

1. The Three-Word Game, which has earned a permanent place on this list. :-)

2. On-and-off relationships, such as my roommate's; which has just entered its fifth (count 'em!) cycle.

3. Stupid commercials, which also tend to be...

4. Commercials that networks play ad nauseam. It's an epidemic.

5. Newscasters who freak out about snow, despite the fact that Central Indiana gets probably 10-20 inches of it a year.

6. Bad actors. Hayden Christiansen, congratulations; you made it to my List.

7. a) This also applies to websites that serve no clear function, whether it be entertainment, information, or any kind of product.

7. B)David.com. GAH! Makes me upset.

Addition:

8. Poorly Designed Web Browsers. IE, I'm looking at you. You knew I'd bring this up again, didn't you? :P

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Ok, so here's my continuation of my long render time rant. I just woke up in time to see the 13 hour mark. Last night, before I went to sleep, I caught 6 hours. I did do a few low quality renders, but any celestial bodies (at least for me) usually look nothing like how they will normally look (which is why the large planet looks like... some... bad thing-y... (I just woke up, back off me!))

th_6hours.jpg

th_13hours.jpg

From the looks of things, only another solid half a day left!

Of course, this could also turn into more, as the top of the sky is the lest detailed part of the image. Once it gets to those clouds and that water... :shock:

The other sad thing about this is that now I'm stuck waiting for it to render during a time when I won't be asleep. :wink: And since Terragen is so liable to crash on me, I'll just have to sit back and watch... I guess this will be a good reference for when I start making like *el awesom-o* renders and want to have super high quality.

---

Edit: After going out to town for a few hours, I come back to find it's still not quite done. Here we are at 20 solid hours.

th_20hours.jpg

it looks like it will be rendering better quality too on the planet, or is it suppose to look like that :?:, looks like you have a long time of rendering i front of you, cant wait to see the outcome :):)

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

@ Darkshock - .... dude. Lame. -__-

@ Panhead - The quality settings are at the maximum all around. Technically the planet is supposed to look like that. That's what all the settings I used produce, apparently. I've been experimenting with the Node system (and I totally get it now! ... Sorta) But the low quality preview I looked at didn't show that the planet had such a weird... whatever it is that's wrong with it. :shock:

-----

Edit: Ok it took a total of 36 hours to finish. :shock:

th_complete.jpg

I don't really like it, but now I know that if I ever want highly detailed renders in the future I'll be stuck watching for awhile.

----

On to my new rant. My throat is all phlegmy and scratchy. I can talk ok, but I can't sing at all. >:|

Edit: Ok it took a total of 36 hours to finish. :shock:

th_complete.jpg

I don't really like it, but now I know that if I ever want highly detailed renders in the future I'll be stuck watching for awhile.

----

On to my new rant. My throat is all phlegmy and scratchy. I can talk ok, but I can't sing at all. >:|

It looks good to me, but 36 HOURS?!

omExTE6.png