Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

:cry: Two weeks of holiday have gone so fast. It's back to school, and on the first day we get the "EXAMS, LETS PANIC" routine from each individual teacher. I just want to crawl into my cave room and sleep in some more :?

RANT: Remember my recent rant, saying how some people cannot comprehend reasons to talk to a girl? Yeah, well, they've now decided we're an item. They would, wouldn't they... -.-

Do not confirm nor deny. Let 'em think whatever they want. Perhaps it will raise your reputation at the school.

RANT: Remember my recent rant, saying how some people cannot comprehend reasons to talk to a girl? Yeah, well, they've now decided we're an item. They would, wouldn't they... -.-

Pics of the girl NAO!!1!!one!1!

Nah, but just ignore them. Like BB said, you may get really popular because of it haha.

My hard drive just failed this morning.

The automatic chkdsk revealed dead sectors, and the fact that neither of my installed OSs will boot - well, Windows 7 booted for a bit, but it locked up completely shortly thereafter - sorta confirms that. Also, my sister got the same model of computer at the same time as I did, and her drive failed a few months ago, manifesting in the exact same manner.

I made a partial backup of the most important stuff I have - my work client folders - a couple days ago, and I was able to retrieve everything I'd updated since then using an Ubuntu LiveCD - even in LiveCD form, Ubuntu has NTFS drivers. I'm pretty much head-over-heals in love with Ubuntu right now... :roll:

I guess the blessing in disguise here is that it made me download and try a new version of Linux on this new computer. My old system had a Broadcom wifi card in it, and Broadcom refused Linux developers access to their driver API, so it didn't work, and I gave up and moved on. This system has, I believe, a Sony card in it, and it works like a charm. I also like the changes they've made to the system in the year since I tried it last, and automatic partition mounting is what puts Ubuntu ahead of any other distro I've tried. Once I get the replacement hard drive, Ubuntu is going to have a permanent home on it - hopefully as a Windows 7 / Ubuntu setup.

My hard drive just failed this morning.
I fear my hard drive is nearing its end also. It has been making a clicking noise every now and then... starting to scare me so I use an automatic backup to my Portable HDD using SyncBack.

In other rants, I found this site and found line 30 difficult to read. I was just looking for a definition of definite integral... and surprisingly that portion didn't help me at all. Can anybody tell me what that means?

Sorry to skip your question there Gamer, can't help you out, but I just wanted to say my laptop's been doing the same thing recently (it is almost ancient- I mean- at least from 2005 :P )

...Clickity click click...

My laptop hard drive died the Friday right before finals week last semester. It was like one of those student horror stories you hear about, except worse because it was me.

Rubrica, just be suave and mysterious about it. Everyone will be gagging with jealousy behind closed doors...

And when they ask, deny her existence! I find a healthy dose of confusion and/or blatant fibbing makes most obnoxious nosy people give up.

My graphics card has decided that it's so ancient, it's going to give up on e whenever I try to play Spore or The Sims 3 on it, and it's so ancient, it's discontinued, so I can't update the drvier's or whatever you call it, which would have fixed the problem. I'm VERY annoyed. My parents won't let me install either of them on the new desktop, either; "Nope, you got your own laptop now, play it on that."

My graphics card has decided that it's so ancient, it's going to give up on e whenever I try to play Spore or The Sims 3 on it, and it's so ancient, it's discontinued, so I can't update the drvier's or whatever you call it, which would have fixed the problem. I'm VERY annoyed. My parents won't let me install either of them on the new desktop, either; "Nope, you got your own laptop now, play it on that."

ahh i remember a similar thing happening to me. I playa browser based game and my dad always used to think i downloaded it etc. so got all grumpy whenever i play it (untill i explained for the 100th+ time) :lol:

mini rant: i find this commical and extremely irritating at the same time; i need 3 boxes for 3 items. Rather than my boss buying some he wants me to go next door (to the busniess next to us) and ask for 3 boxes as we have ran out..surely it would be more logical and not be a cheapy to restock on boxes :roll: ?

Rubrica I know how you feel - one of my laptops' card is so old I can't update the driver to fix a fullscreen video crash bug - even though I'm running Win 7 just fine... :P

Chad, I have no idea how you feel, I work at a waterpark :)

You may have seen me working the Back to the Future ride in Summer 06, or the Monster's Cafe in Summer 08.
That would've been cool, but I have never been to Orlando Studios, Disneyland/world. The only far away vacation I have been to was a cruise to Jamaica, Cozumel, and Cayman Islands. That was extremely fun. Oh wait rants...

Rant: Doing online homework that only allows a certain amount of guesses. Anybody use Webassign before. I don't really like it :x

Oh, right. I suppose what I just posted wasn't all that ranty.

Well, um, grr and stuff.

How about this: My girlfriend is 2,308 miles away and will be until mid-December?