Addition to my rant: 1) She is also very attractive, which makes it even more difficult. 2) She is also pretty much exactly the same as me, apart from the deranged, mad, insane part.*

*Actually, that part's the same too.

It's just that when you use those words to describe yourself it's a good "deranged, mad, and insane". :wink:

It's the good looking ones that vex you the most. Personal experience.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Addition to my rant: 1) She is also very attractive, which makes it even more difficult. 2) She is also pretty much exactly the same as me, apart from the deranged, mad, insane part.*

*Actually, that part's the same too.

It's just that when you use those words to describe yourself it's a good "deranged, mad, and insane". :wink:

Well, in a way, her ""deranged, mad, insane" part is good too; it gets to be likable, but to very few people. I'm not one of those very few people.

David: Yep, I know.

Another rant that has something to do with girls.

Every time I answer the phone I'm addressed as "ma'am". This wouldn't bother me if I was still 13 or something, but my voice has long since changed. Apparently, I was simply not meant to have bass in my voice. >_>

Oh... and if that's not enough, I can lower my voice to a near demonic growl... how is it that my speaking voice is so feminine sounding? T_T

My rant: A completely deranged, mad, insane girl in my class has decided that she likes me, and has also decided to show that by tickling, pinching and trying to kiss me. Not a good day.

FACT: She dosen't like you, she just wants to annoy the hell out of you.

FACT 2: Redundant in this case means "Why are you holding back?"

FACT 3: Beauty dosen't always come from the outside, you know :wink:

FACT 4: If she's exactly the same as you, does that mean you are annoying and have a tendancy to make random decisions without any thought?

FINAL FACT: BANG! And Andrew D is gone! :wink:

Every time I answer the phone I'm addressed as "ma'am". This wouldn't bother me if I was still 13 or something, but my voice has long since changed. Apparently, I was simply not meant to have bass in my voice. >_>

Oh... and if that's not enough, I can lower my voice to a near demonic growl... how is it that my speaking voice is so feminine sounding? T_T

Same here. :D

@ Andrew: Why be so cynical? I know that by law, one has to rant on this thread, but to be so misogynistic, why? You may be right, and you may be wrong, but there is not so much need for it. For all you know, she could really like him. behind back voice>

@ Wither: That happens to me too... On the phone, I'm always addressed to as "Saskia", my 11 year-old sister, and as if that's not bad enough, when I'm on holiday, or actually anywhere, due to my slightly outrageous afro, no-one can tell that I'm male... :( 'Tis an annoyance...

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

@ Andrew: Why be so cynical? I know that by law, one has to rant on this thread, but to be so misogynistic, why? You may be right, and you may be wrong, but there is not so much need for it. For all you know, she could really like him. behind back voice>

I'm cynical, if you've lived my life you'll know why I think life isn't exactly all that you want out of it.

... Since when can nine-year-olds emit demonic growls? :shock:

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

@ Andrew: Yeah, I'm sorry... I didn't think... :oops:

Life isn't always great, but it's everyone's job to make the best of it and to try and do some good in the world. If we all sit there, apathetic and paralysed with feelings of ineffectuality, then we're just as bad as those who commit the crimes.

@ Rubrica, first comment on the page: *deep demonic growl* Try laughing like a donkey... I know people who can... It makes you go :shock: ...

@ Rubrica, second comment on the page: You never know, she could really like (amicability, not love, which could be insinuated) you... She could just want to be friends... Or, she could want to really annoy you... , owing to my earlier comments>

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Same here. :D

the same thing just happened to me, before they hung up the phone they said "thanks for your time ma'am and bye" >_< i think my voice still needs to change though, so there is some hope there, i have also been mistaken for my mom :x

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

I'm cynical, if you've lived my life you'll know why I think life isn't exactly all that you want out of it.
Although no doubt for different reasons, I do agree with you. Totally.
If we all sit there, apathetic and paralysed with feelings of ineffectuality, then we're just as bad as those who commit the crimes.
I have to disagree. Not sure how Andrew feels about this, but we choose to numb our feelings about a particular subject or aspect of life because of X reason, although criminals of a certain calibre choose to do the same, they wish, conversely to us, to attempt the 'fixing' of or denial of that aspect by way of crime. We are in a sense like persons of the Gothic or Emo subculture persuasion, heck, even like most religions: we view the world differently and follow a specific belief or outlook on the world. Criminals are another branch of that, another mindset to that, hence different.

In my opinion.

@Wither: I too have been mistaken for the female gender; the daughter and mother of my family.

Conformation to thread: Whilst signing up to Digg, to Digg PDN 3.20, the amount of time I spent trying to find an appropriate and unused name was far too long for my liking. Do people genuinely wish to use these names or are they having a laugh, registering names for the fun of it? I ended up plumping for the Latinised name of Merlin and not my much desired Welsh. You may be thinking sarcastically 'boo-hoo', and so am I, but it's the principle of people who do create accounts on such sites with the aim to deplete possible usernames for the prospective, normal Internet goers. May I guess that Wikipedians sympathise with this notion?

Quite so. However, Wikipedia has a process that allows you to "usurp" an unused username through a specific process. That's how I got my hands on "David". :-)

deviantART is worse. Take a look at all the unused usernames... *sigh*

Including "DoctorWho." Sad days.

Hmm... (offtopic) I haven't done any Wikipedia work in a while...might be time to head back into the fray...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

It was a sad day when I discovered that 'Helio' had been taken on dA. :(

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Although no doubt for different reasons, I do agree with you. Totally.
If we all sit there, apathetic and paralysed with feelings of ineffectuality, then we're just as bad as those who commit the crimes.
I have to disagree. Not sure how Andrew feels about this, but we choose to numb our feelings about a particular subject or aspect of life because of X reason, although criminals of a certain calibre choose to do the same, they wish, conversely to us, to attempt the 'fixing' of or denial of that aspect by way of crime. We are in a sense like persons of the Gothic or Emo subculture persuasion, heck, even like most religions: we view the world differently and follow a specific belief or outlook on the world. Criminals are another branch of that, another mindset to that, hence different.

In my opinion.

To be honest, I'm cynical and mainly think that humanity has one cause, and the only thing we get distracted from that purpose is other people. I mean, compared to me here and me in real-life can be quite different, I mean, in real-life I'm generally an angry person who swears so much that most words have lost their meaning to me, but on the internet, that hardly happens as much, mainly because people don't get in your way as much.

And considering Bobofthedead's statement, it makes me think "Well, what can we do?". Really, there isn't much we can do. And also on considering that statement it makes me think that being cynical is a crime. That is probably taking slightly too far, but around about there.

Probably why I am cynical is that life does has it's ups and downs, but really, what's the point if there are up's and down's every moment there is? I mean, there's always something bad happening, and before someone argues saying that there is always good happening, for some reason our nature reflects on the bad points more, meaning really any way, there is always something bad happening in the world, and it will involve you just as much as your neighbour.

However, I wouldn't go as far to say we are like persons of the Emo and Gothic sub-cultures; mainly because that has been distorted out of proper context a lot. Being cynical in my opinion is more of an opinion on life and how you treat life, slightly like a religion, but also different in ways cynical people usually don't worship a god, or believe in anything after death, and you get the idea.

To end off, I guess everyone decides to live their life in a different way, and really, we can't blame them for going down that path, we can only blame ourselves, not as in a community or the likes, but as in our nature.

Cybersquatters online bug me, too. BoltBait, I hope you're not the David that owns http://www.david.com, because I'm quite upset with him.

Look at the page. How worthless.