Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

When do they usually come out with awards on the forum?

The "voting" thread is normally before Christmas and the results around New Year.

Cool, I can't wait for that time. Thanks Simon! :D

those pesky wana be mods.

:lol:

some of you are just downright hilarious in your jumping over one another to be the first to correct someone...

ciao OMA

Wanna know what my main rant is? My happiness. I don't understand why I'm the happiest person I've ever met. Seriously, I'm constantly smiling (unless I'm really stressing out).

Actualy, one time I spent a few hours researching the brain to find an answer as to why I'm happy. I learned so much about the brain that day, like what the amygdala and hippocampus (parts of the limbic system) have to do with ADHD, and that I have a relatively low level of seratonin.

However, as much as I researched, there was not one Wikipedia, WebMD, or other external article that points out exactly where hapiness comes from. Wikipedia's summary of the Limbic System states that it's the control center for all emotion, but as I researched every component in that system, it seems that it's not the source of happiness at all. In fact, all the gyruses and parts of the system are for processing negative emotions like fear and anxiety.

In the end, I found that happiness is really the absense of negative emotion (possibly spiritual?).

Wanna know what my main rant is? My happiness. I don't understand why I'm the happiest person I've ever met. Seriously, I'm constantly smiling (unless I'm really stressing out).

Actualy, one time I spent a few hours researching the brain to find an answer as to why I'm happy. I learned so much about the brain that day, like what the amygdala and hippocampus (parts of the limbic system) have to do with ADHD, and that I have a relatively low level of seratonin.

However, as much as I researched, there was not one Wikipedia, WebMD, or other external article that points out exactly where hapiness comes from. Wikipedia's summary of the Limbic System states that it's the control center for all emotion, but as I researched every component in that system, it seems that it's not the source of happiness at all. In fact, all the gyruses and parts of the system are for processing negative emotions like fear and anxiety.

In the end, I found that happiness is really the absense of negative emotion (possibly spiritual?).

Sounds fun, I should try researching the brain sometime. :D But how is that a rant? Isn't happiness a good thing. lol.

Rant: My stomach doesn't feel so good right now, and I have a written Spanish exam tomorrow which I lacked to study for (but I did watch the Dark Knight). :lol:

(but I did watch the Dark Knight). :lol:

Wow. I can't believe that movie was been out for a year now. I remember I saw it on the first day it came out. It was amazing. :D

Elem: "What's a graphing calculator?"

Mid: "You should really get a graphing calculator."

High: "You MUST have a graphing calculator."

Univ: "You CANNOT use a graphing calculator."

:roll:

Lol, I have only gotten to the third experience so far. You can't use graphing calculators in College? :shock:

Rant: I have to leave for school in 5 minutes, and I don't really want to. :roll:

cut the back of my hand and its gone all lumpy and red around the cut (obviously). Doesnt sting or serious or anything but looks bad

RANT: I just realised I spelt Kathryn's (no, Katherine's) name wrong when I helped her set up the blog. Maybe if I very slowly, one letter at a time, change it, she's won't notice.... ah well, she never visits the place anymore, and I well, can't.

Lol, I have only gotten to the third experience so far. You can't use graphing calculators in College? :shock:

I dunno, I'm free to use mine. I guess I could see why they'd want to restrict them, seeing as how the TI's have their own programming capabilities built-in. Once, for a previous Maths course, I created a program that took the variables for a particular function, performed the calculations, then printed out each step, "show your work" style. :D

I dunno, I'm free to use mine. I guess I could see why they'd want to restrict them, seeing as how the TI's have their own programming capabilities built-in. Once, for a previous Maths course, I created a program that took the variables for a particular function, performed the calculations, then printed out each step, "show your work" style. :D

Have you used Derive? Soooo gooood!

Ditto. The one I used most often was Newton's method. Saved me soooo much time ;)

Have you used Derive? Soooo gooood!

Nope. Actually, I'd never even heard of it before. ;)

As far as programs go, I once wrote my own menu-based RPG with graphical, turn-based battles, created in the built-in language using the built-in editor on the TI-83. Since it was a bunch of programs running in succession, constantly calculating random numbers, it was quite a RAM hog, but it was awesomely fun to work on. It had a town with item shops - weapons, and single-use healing stuffs - an experience/leveling system, magic attacks, random item drops... all the staples.

An accidental use of a previously assigned variable resulted in a rather interesting feature that I decided to keep in: I forgot I had used a variable for the monster's HP level, and I used it as part of the damage dealing equation. As a result, the less HP the monster had, the less damage it dealt and the greater chance it had at missing altogether, kinda like you were wearing the baddie down.

I also had a dynamic damage system for the player, in that every battle won would build a "confidence"-like stat, so the damage the player dealt would increase between level-ups the more foes they defeated. This "confidence" stat could then be expended in one fell blow for a super attack, which would reset the player strength back to the base value for their level. This base attack strength, then, was the attribute affected by the level-up.

The rant associated with that? I still have the program, but, since the TI-83 can only save 10 bitmaps at a time, over the years I've lost some of the bitmap artworks for the battles. :(

As far as programs go, I once wrote my own menu-based RPG...

Hasn't everyone? :shock:

It sounds like you really put a lot of work into yours, though.

By "work" I mean "ignoring the math teacher."

Ha. My school called them what they were: partial absence. You had to meet certain requirements, of course, but half the juniors and most of the seniors had this free period.