Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant: Noobs with obsessively high post counts that assume they're better than me because I barely post at all. I'm on here everyday, I've been a member for a decent amount of time, but I just don't post much. I may be just paranoid though. :| Am I allowed to be "quiet"???

Rant: Noobs with obsessively high post counts that assume they're better than me because I barely post at all. I'm on here everyday, I've been a member for a decent amount of time, but I just don't post much. I may be just paranoid though. :| Am I allowed to be "quiet"???
I don't assume that of you, but I do believe that you are a great designer/artist. I love all of your work in your gallery, especially that new sig you have made. :)

Rant: Spanish oral tomorrow. Need to study right now.

I have the highest post count on the forum, and I HATE post counts with a burning fire of passion. I wish they'd all just go away.

I rarely enter post count debates, but here is my take on it: If somebody judges based on post count, then hopefully I am fine. If somebody judges based on quality per post, then hopefully I am just as fine. Working towards both goals is, in my opinion, the best way to become a good member.

I rarely enter post count debates, but here is my take on it: If somebody judges based on post count, then hopefully I am fine. If somebody judges based on quality per post, then hopefully I am just as fine. Working towards both goals is, in my opinion, the best way to become a good member.

Ditto that...

..say, Mike Ryan still has a higher post count than me. SPAMZ!

But on the serious side, I'm luckily too lazy to post unless I think it's worthwhile, a blessing and a curse. :lol:

^ agreed.

Here is a rant for you guys..

As most of you know i design websites and in some cases maintain them (and do advertising for them also). Well this morning my DM, who doesnt know anything about graphic design or website maintenance (he is admitadly very good at economical side of the business [thats his role] said "i want 'x'.com number 4 on google in four days or youre gone".

Now for those of you who dotn quite realise the insanity of this ill explain a bit more:

For roughly 6 months i have built, maintained, designed/redesigned and done the advertisement for a particular company, whom i shall reference as 'x' ...within this time i have managed to get this companies website how they like it and rank 6-7 worldwide on all the key search engines such as google/yahoo/msn...Obviously done advertisement etc too...prety good yes? well here is the crazy part...i have done all that on a budget of £500

This is for 2 key terms they are ranked 6-7, people who are ranked around us (1-10) are paying roughly £800-1k per 3 months..i was given £500 for a year! and hes going to get rid of me just because he doesnt like me! :evil: :evil:

At least now i dont feel bad for applying for a job elsewhere now...and lord knows i am SO going to take him up on this..he may be the DM but this is ridiculus!

^ agreed.

Here is a rant for you guys..

As most of you know i design websites and in some cases maintain them (and do advertising for them also). Well this morning my DM, who doesnt know anything about graphic design or website maintenance (he is admitadly very good at economical side of the business [thats his role] said "i want 'x'.com number 4 on google in four days or youre gone".

Now for those of you who dotn quite realise the insanity of this ill explain a bit more:

For roughly 6 months i have built, maintained, designed/redesigned and done the advertisement for a particular company, whom i shall reference as 'x' ...within this time i have managed to get this companies website how they like it and rank 6-7 worldwide on all the key search engines such as google/yahoo/msn...Obviously done advertisement etc too...prety good yes? well here is the crazy part...i have done all that on a budget of £500

This is for 2 key terms they are ranked 6-7, people who are ranked around us (1-10) are paying roughly £800-1k per 3 months..i was given £500 for a year! and hes going to get rid of me just because he doesnt like me! :evil: :evil:

At least now i dont feel bad for applying for a job elsewhere now...and lord knows i am SO going to take him up on this..he may be the DM but this is ridiculus!

wow. you do loads of work and he repays with you with disrespect and a low budget. You don't deserve to be working with him.

Quite. He seems like a complete and utter moronic fool (I know that was a superfluous adjective there, I don't care).

As you can see, I'm not in the best mood today.

For some reason, everyone at school had been unusually rude. As in, really, really, borderline bullying rude.

*nemo's rant*

Resign.

I'd suggest to sabotage the website in the process, but that'd probably be against employment laws.

But oh so satisfying....

.. I mean, immoral. :)

Rant: I dislike every aspect of my life right now. Last week I took a cruise to the Virgin Isles... and let me tell you: AMAZING. I went with just my family; my mom, me, and my 11 year old brother. The whole week I did the teen activities throughout the sea days. I met the most amazing friends ever, had the time of my life. Guess what? Now I'm back to doing nothing all day every day and the only people I can spend time with around here are boring/immature teens. On the cruise I met a girl from Liverpool, a guy from Scotland, three girls from Atlanta, a guy from Atlanta, 3 guys from Tampa, 2 guys from Miami, and a guy from Mexico. I felt like they were my best friends after a 7 day vacation. Now everyone is back to their normal lives. Mine stinks. I'm homeschooled, have a few friends I can count on but otherwise no one. Right now I just wish I could live near all the people I met at once and I'd be happy for the rest of my life.

Thank god we're moving toward downtown more. I hate it up here. I can't wait to start a new life, go to public high school, be able to do something on the weekends with people, go on dates, get a job. There is NOTHING to do here. EVERYONE is dull.

I miss the cruise so, so, so much.

Quite. He seems like a complete and utter moronic fool (I know that was a superfluous adjective there, I don't care).

As you can see, I'm not in the best mood today.

For some reason, everyone at school had been unusually rude. As in, really, really, borderline bullying rude.

Well, if you are a year 7, all sorts of things do happen. In my case, anyone who has a brother in Year 7 becomes instantly "famous" amongst the older children in bizarre contexts. :?

topHATslash: I know exactly how it is. Here, at my new school, I'm so happy with everything, yet, ironically (this is one of the poshest (it had to be said somewhen) schools around) and I'm an outcast for speaking "poshly"! Yet at my old school, well, I hated every aspect of it, yet I just fitted in. It was right there. And of course, I actually had a friend. A friend I'm never going to see again.

vista?: Oh, I'm very famous for all the wrong reasons here. No, not misbehaving and stuff.

topHATslash: I know exactly how it is. Here, at my new school, I'm so happy with everything, yet, ironically (this is one of the poshest (it had to be said somewhen) schools around) and I'm an outcast for speaking "poshly"! Yet at my old school, well, I hated every aspect of it, yet I just fitted in. It was right there. And of course, I actually had a friend. A friend I'm never going to see again.

They were the coolest people ever. I live 2 hours from a few of them, so hopefully we can hang out but the majority live hundreds (or thousands) of miles away. I can't wait to just start over. I will miss NOTHING about this town.

@ tHS, I hate to break it to you, but what you are suffering from is what we in the trade call boredom. You've just come back from a once-in-a-lifetime holiday where most likely you frittered away the hours in some kind of an off-hand way, until early in the morning. It's more than likely you barely saw your family.

Now you're back in suburbia and nothing can compare to your holiday. You're just bored. That's all it is.

@ Rubrica: I'm at probably the most snooty state school in the area and I believe that I speak in a manner that some may describe as "posh". It's probably a good vocabulary and decent pronunciation that does it. Just chuck a few ironic "innits" into your speech and make a joke out of it.

Or consider it this way: if there are people who choose to discriminate against you because you speak "poshly" (I've always that to mean that you habitually speak better than they do), then they're just fools. Don't let it get you down.