Rants *enter at own risk*

RANT: I think I've banned this guy before.

phail.png

(Comments found on roflrazzi.com , a sister site of [of all places!] failblog.org)

What do you think school is for, genius?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Besides, I'm a Christian. I'm certain that, even if the world does end in December in three years, I'll be dying and waking up safely in my Savior's arms. So, whatever happens...happens! I don't care either way.

(But I still say it's hooey)

Not trying to sound anti-religious, but I've always found it a bit stupid that you can't go to (a) heaven just because you don't believe a god exists, despite if you have lived your life in a good manner.

Also, when looking at a wikipedia article about the 10 commandments, this is probably a translation fail, but isn't a bit funny if God is breaking the own rules he set (to an extent)

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Covet means to desire someone elses good, so can't one easily imply that they are jealous of such person?

Anyways, on to the typical type of rant in this thread:

RANT: Second week back at school, spent every night this week doing some form of homework, something which generally lasts for around 2 hours.

@Andrew D: Let's say you buy a perfect planet, you create a new ecosystem and create an "animal" capable of understanding how beautiful it all is. And you love it as if it's your child, when it wants a partner you make one for him. When they listen to someone else and doesn't do the one thing you asked of them, you keep them alive and even though you have to punish them, you promise things will get better. When the one kills the other, the murderer won't be killed but in God's mercy he is send into exile. When almost everyone of them stops caring about you don't destroy them and start over, no. You start again with one who still recognises you. And when they stop caring about you again you start over with one of them again. When they are captured and imprisoned by those that don't care about you you free them.

And now you're blaming God for being jealous, when the ones he loves the most don't care about him. Are you married? What would you do if you give your wife everything she wants and more, after which then she turns her back on you and says to the first man she sees:"Hi, are you married? I was but that man was stupid. So do you have plans for tonight?"

Now about the going to heaven part, God gave his only child to save us, he had let him sell his soul to the devil, just to pay for our sins. We do more sins then we can pay for with our good deeds, so we can't go to heaven without someone paying for our sins. Think of all the bad things you did in your life, how many people have you hurt, how many swearwords have you said? How many times did you think:"I should have gotten that new car, not that guy." One of the part of believing in God means being convinced that the human is evil.

Now back to rants: Great, I have the same stupid headache for over a year now.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@Andrew D: Let's say you buy a perfect planet, you create a new ecosystem and create an "animal" capable of understanding how beautiful it all is. And you love it as if it's your child, when it wants a partner you make one for him. When they listen to someone else and doesn't do the one thing you asked of them, you keep them alive and even though you have to punish them, you promise things will get better. When the one kills the other, the murderer won't be killed but in God's mercy he is send into exile. When almost everyone of them stops caring about you don't destroy them and start over, no. You start again with one who still recognises you. And when they stop caring about you again you start over with one of them again. When they are captured and imprisoned by those that don't care about you you free them.

And now you're blaming God for being jealous, when the ones he loves the most don't care about him. Are you married? What would you do if you give your wife everything she wants and more, after which then she turns her back on you and says to the first man she sees:"Hi, are you married? I was but that man was stupid. So do you have plans for tonight?"

Now about the going to heaven part, God gave his only child to save us, he had let him sell his soul to the devil, just to pay for our sins. We do more sins then we can pay for with our good deeds, so we can't go to heaven without someone paying for our sins. Think of all the bad things you did in your life, how many people have you hurt, how many swearwords have you said? How many times did you think:"I should have gotten that new car, not that guy." One of the part of believing in God means being convinced that the human is evil.

Now back to rants: Great, I have the same stupid headache for over a year now.

Wise words.

I had a pretty freaky dream last night, it was where my family purchased a new house in a big city, and the first night we got there, someone was robbing it. As we were searching for him throughout the house, I found him and started chasing him. I chased him to some sort of store where he put the items he stole from our new house back on a shelf. I picked up the items, but cannot remember what is inside... Then it skipped ahead to where my family was in a ten-story building (which appeared to be a mall or something) because I had found a misprinted 2 dollar bill in my wallet. So my family got in the elevator to go to the tenth floor to see how much the misprinted bill was worth. As soon as we got up to the tenth floor, the elevator went a little upwards, and then started falling. This is when the lights went out and my family knew it wasn't going to stop safely. And as we just about hit the bottom floor with the elevator (which seemed like an eternity), it seems like I blacked out and then I woke up from my dream. These are pretty much all the details I can remember, but isn't that a weird dream?

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Wow, Boude, that's a really good way to put it. Nice work.

Andrew D: If you don't choose God, why would He force you to live with Him forever? That sounds mean, to me. Heaven is being in the presence of God, so if you don't choose Him, it won't be fun anyway.

Living your life in a "good" manner is sort of debunked by Isaiah 64:6 - "all our righteous acts are like filthy rags." No matter how many good things we do, it can never outweigh the nature and depth of our sin and depravity. We fully deserve destruction. The question should not be "Why do some righteous people get sent to hell?" but, in fact, "Why have all of these filthy sinners been plucked out of the muck and sent to heaven?" We're all sinners by nature and choice, myself more than most. And we've sinned against a completely perfect God, so what hope do we have of making any sort of restitution? Romans 6:23 says that for our sin we deserve to die. I live in daily wonder that, despite my sin, God chose to pick me up out of the sin that I chose and set my eyes toward heaven. Not enough wonder, and I'm working on that. But daily wonder.

Still, a good job, Boude.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I am personally am an athiest but i admire all those who are religious and manage to keep their faith, if i or many of my friends were religious no doubt we would have lost it by now. I guess my input to this little rant would be one of the commandments states not to worship or make oneself an idol and somewhere else there is a mention of lavishing yourself (cannot remember the proper words and such). Now correct me if i am wrong but the pope (albeit a good man/ex nazi) but the churches are practically gangsters..dripping in gold etc. then go and ask for money for charities saying they have none?

I guess what i am saying is do those of you who believe in what you do agree with the fact that people are dying of starvation/illness that can easily at least be helped by simply selling some gold/gems etc. and sending food and drink and supplies that we ourselves concider necessities? Do you genuinly think that your god and 'saviour' would want you to sit and watch innocent people die?...

People blame the human race for being evil, lets face it, it is. Stop blaming others and blame yourself for not doing anything about it.

You lot will probably slate me for this opinion but imo religion brings hope and faith for many but whereever there is religion there will be war and death.

Nemo, there isn't one group of persons that agree with each other and say that the pope is the closest man to God and that he has the power to send people to hell or heaven. Which I think is ridiculous, why would a man chosen by some people be able to have that amount of power? Just because some monks didn't know the difference between "petra" and "Petrus", the difference is rock and Peter. In fact most churches don't agree with the Roman Catholic church.

If you still believe churches are rich maybe you should see my church's finances.

If I may correct your statement: wherever there are people, Satan will try to make them destroy each other.

BTW Thank you, THs and David.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.

70 % of the German population do not believe in God.

I think I live in a hell hole.

I, personally, do not believe in an afterlife.

This means I'd never feel the need for any religion.

whereever there is religion there will be war and death.

QFT

I'm not bitter, I really love life.

But I see it as what it is: a biological existence, not the preparation for something greater.

whereever there is religion there will be war and death.

QFT

Quoted for lie. Sure, some of them have been pretty nasty over the years. Admittedly, my own doesn't have the best track record. But that's not something you can blame the religions themselves for. The people have taken the truths the faith teaches and twisted it very deeply. A believer in Christ who correctly follows the words he spoke will not start a war in His name. People are dumb. Christianity is not.

In fact, wherever Christianity goes (not Catholocism - please do not misunderstand, as they are not the same), quality of life for the poor, marginalized, and women improves, education levels are increased, health care is of a higher quality, and overall standard of living improves. That's because the words of Christ are words of spreading God's love internationally.

Quoted for lie. Sure, some of them have been pretty nasty over the years. Admittedly, my own doesn't have the best track record. But that's not something you can blame the religions themselves for. The people have taken the truths the faith teaches and twisted it very deeply. A believer in Christ who correctly follows the words he spoke will not start a war in His name. People are dumb. Christianity is not.

In fact, wherever Christianity goes (not Catholocism - please do not misunderstand, as they are not the same), quality of life for the poor, marginalized, and women improves, education levels are increased, health care is of a higher quality, and overall standard of living improves. That's because the words of Christ are words of spreading God's love internationally.

QFT

I move for a change of subject. This can only end badly.

QFT2

So, how about them healthcarez? :)

GAHHH. I think I got ripped off. Me new Samsung P3 is definitely defective, a refurb, and/or an imitation. It's rated for 40h music, but I definitely am getting like 5. You expect the manufacturer to overestimate, but a factor of 8? Ridiculous. Hopefully it's just defective and will be covered by the warranty.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

NO! I was working on a sig that looked really good and the custom brushes plug-in made PdN crash! Now it's gone! NO! :evil:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y