Rants *enter at own risk*

Je vais, tu va, il vas, nous allons, vous allez, ils vont...

J'ai, tu as, il a, nous avons, vous avez, ils ont...

Je suis, tu es, il est, nous sommes, vous etes, ils sont...

Je t'appele, tu t'appeles, il s'appeles, nous nous appelons, vous vous appelez, ils sont appelent...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I can read French but I can't understand if someone talks it. :shock:

Rant: We have a special day at school next Wednesday (we watch a movie, go to an amusement park etc.), and we were supposed to go watch Angels and Demons. Everyone liked the idea but then a couple of girls said "We can't watch it because we'll watch it with our parents". And then I asked them why they couldn't see it twice they said "we don't want to pay for it twice". I think that's a lame excuse for ruining everybody else's joy. >:

It's funny how 3-4 girls can decide what to do. Now we're watching Sex and the City, because these girls want to. :roll:

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

It's funny how 3-4 girls can decide what to do. Now we're watching Sex and the City, because these girls want to. :roll:

I agree with you on this...funny how everybody seem to cater to spoiled students rather than to take a class vote and then tell the girls to shove it. No wonder why so many of our students don't get quality education, they are too busy worrying about their social status and etc. *spits*

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

yeah the world is turning more and more into a "everyone should a fine with it" world than a "everybody would be extremely happy if we did that except for those few girls" world, Power to the men. :lol::P No seriously what if women got over excited and not only want to be equal to men, but be better than men, I know it isn't very likely, but I'm seeing that girls do things and when men do the same thing, they disaprove it. I know some of you would never do such things, but others of you just might.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Je vais, tu vas, il va_, nous allons, vous allez, ils vont...

Je suis, tu es, il est, nous sommes, vous êtes, ils sont...

Je t'appele, tu t'appeles, il s'appele_, nous nous appelons, vous vous appelez, ils se sont appelés...

Only two or three mistakes, that's amazing, not every french can achieve that :P

Although, what's the last verb called? S'appeler? it's pretty weird, you'd usually use passé composé (simple past) or the regular present form.

it'd give something like this:

J'ai appelé, Tu as appelé, Il a appelé, Nous avons appelé, Vous avez appelé, Ils ont appelé

-> I called, you called, he called, we called, you called, they called

Litteraly though it's I have called, You have called, He has called etc.

or the present form witch is simply

J'appelle, Tu appeles, Il appele, Nous appelons, Vous appellez, Ils appelent

->I call, You call, He calls, etc.

Can also mean -> I am calling, He is calling, We are calling...

but really, simplest way is not to learn french at all. It's WAAAY overly complicated, I've been talking it for 15 years and I still make frequent mistakes, I've been talking english for three or four years and I'm disappointed by three mistakes in a thousand word composition.

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

I knew there were a few mistakes. The last one was supposed to start with "Je m'appele," but...eh, whatever. :-P

I took French for seven (-ish?) years. Of course, this was about four years ago. I'm surprised I did as well as I did.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@pineappleQC: appeler goes with a reflexive pronoun, so "s'appeler" is actually "se appeler", that's probably why david wrote m'appele etc.

yhsjjie.png

Je vais, tu va, il vas, nous allons, vous allez, ils vont...

Je suis, tu es, il est, nous sommes, vous etes, ils sont...

Je t'appele, tu t'appeles, il s'appeles, nous nous appelons, vous vous appelez, ils sont appelent...

Yo tengo, tu tienes, Ud. tiene, nosotros tenemos, vosotros tenéis, Uds. tienen...

no more verbs, please. :cry:

I can tell you far more about the grammar structures and syntax of Japanese and Spanish than my own native tongue, English. Yet, I still can't speak them worth a damn. Studying languages in school is a colossal waste of time. If you want to learn a language, immersion is the way.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I totally agree about that pyro. it's why i want to go live in germany :P or finland, finland would be nice. Or anywhere in north europe, come to think of it. but then australia's kinda nice, and new zealand feels more intimate, it'd be cool...

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

I can tell you far more about the grammar structures and syntax of Japanese and Spanish than my own native tongue, English. Yet, I still can't speak them worth a damn. Studying languages in school is a colossal waste of time. If you want to learn a language, immersion is the way.

The same can be said about American Sign Language, my native language, and English is my second. And I agree with pyrochild...I hate the English language from time to time. Who came up with all these ridiculous "situation apply" rules with English? I want to go back in time and find the inventor of the English rules and kick my foot up his rear end.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Yeah, my mom plans to dump me in Mexico for a summer or something like that. Not sure I'm going to enjoy that.

Best way to learn grammar: learn Latin, the only good thing you get from it, my teacher says that 66% of the English words come from Latin and that my Latin should therefore improve my English, it's the other way around actually, my Latin improves because of my English.

Anyone want to test my grammar?

Rant:Latin.

yhsjjie.png

...vosotros tenéis...

You guys actually have to remember the vosotros form? Our Spanish teacher doesn't make us since it's barely used in the language anymore.

Rant:

Last Thursday, our school was put in a lock-in/lock-out at the end of first period, and no one knew why. By the middle of second period, there were accumulating rumors that a student had passed away. Then by the end of second period, we heard he had committed suicide. By the end of fifth period, a memo was read to us stating that an 11th grade student had jumped off the Lemon Squeeze bridge and that there were social workers available to help us if we needed it. The next day, we had a moment of silence and there was a chair near the main entrance that you could decorate as a memorial in his honor. I didn't know this student, but what irks me is that earlier this year, a student in special ed died of heart failure, but we weren't notified. I found out from a friend of mine who was in his grade. There wasn't a moment of silence, a memorial, nothing. He wasn't as well known as the suicide victim was, but doesn't he deserve the same amount of recognition?

perhaps since the time of the first death of a student and the death of the second student, there has been a review of the policies and proceedures for handling this type of situation added. It may not be any reflection on how much someone was popular or less important but more of a "hey we should really have a set of standards on how to cover situations such as this", that went into place after the first death went unremarked

The death of a young student is always a very emotional thing. Try not to read too much into how and why one person is remembered in terms of how another student is remembered, everyone is an individual, and you may not know all the things that are done in the background.

ciao

OMA .

Rant: Spanish homework is overloaded, too tired to do more homework...
Lol. I started a two page discussion on languages from this rant. :lol:

Rant: I had to miss my Computer Science class today, but I got to go job shadow a network administrator at my dad's work.

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)