I have stigmatism and am required to wear eyeglasses. I am actually near-sighted, but it is not so bad enough to be certified as legally blind. I can see just fine without my glasses, but it would be better for me wear them anyway.

Now for my rant:

After an afternoon I had today, I want to know one thing: why is it because of my youth (or my deafness) certain women at my work feel the need to go behind my back to point out my soldering mistake to a newly hired person? This newly hired person had been helping me all day assembling a certain part for our customers, and I had been soldering this way for several weeks now. All the sudden, the inspector comes behind my back, and declared that all the brushes I had labored all day had been wrong when in fact, they had been soldered that way for weeks!!!! :x I am so mad that I want to crack her head open and wipe the floor with her hair. It doesn't help that the Manufacturing Engineer or the Quality Assurance Engineer says that the solder needs to flow. I know that solder needs to be flowing or else the trainer would had never issued the certification to inspect and solder in the first place! What kind of lamebrained, pea-sized heads, and over educated women needed to tell me something I already know??? No wonder our customers are so unhappy with us. If I was the customers, I would be taking my business elsewhere, and I wouldn't blame them one bit.

Urrgh!

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I haven't had any problem with mine - I have monthly, but wear them for up to 3 or 4 months with no problem.

How long are your contacts good for?

@Storm - I have pretty much the same eye sight problem as you =p what are the chances.

About your rant: 1. I love your imagery 2. Have you been penalized for the accusations? Hope not. I hate when people think I don't know something I've already found out...

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Eagles are pretty dominant.

I'd like to be a flying type.

I wonder, if they had the intelligence, would they be jealous of humans and their ability to walk and run? (this is birds in general)

Wouldn't it be funny? And strangely ironic?

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

No no. He's talking about the majestic cantaloupe like in the song "Home, Home on the range". You know. Where the deer and the cantaloupe roll. :)

Rant: I've been legally blind my whole life but they didn't know it tell I was 3/4 way through the first grade. Now some how I passed the first grade till my parents found out about my eyesight. Then I got held back and redid the first grade again. I was upset for awhile but it really was for the best. :?

Another rant: The CBM auto-updater from the version i've just released closes PDN without prompting to save when the user agrees to visit the update page. So when I roll-out the next version i'll have to decide between neglecting to inform users of the new update and potentially losing them data. :(

KaHuc.png
Another rant: The CBM auto-updater from the version i've just released closes PDN without prompting to save when the user agrees to visit the update page. So when I roll-out the next version i'll have to decide between neglecting to inform users of the new update and potentially losing them data. :(

There's a difference between neglecting to inform them of an update and neglecting to force them into an update. The choice is clear.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

There's a difference between neglecting to inform them of an update and neglecting to force them into an update. The choice is clear.

It doesn't force them. But if they click yes which i'm guessing most will that version closes Paint.NET without giving users a chance to save their changes.

KaHuc.png

:lol: Simon if you lost my work that way I'd jump thru the screen and pop you one. :lol:

:wink: just telling you from my end how this would make me feel. real real real frustrated!

question: I don't actually understand why you require the updater? isn't it the persons responsibility to check they have most current version of the plugin before starting?

truth is I seldom update plugins half way thru a picture. I go with what I've already installed, make a mental note to myself to get the newest version before I proceed with another image.

ciao

OMA

I don't actually understand why you require the updater? isn't it the persons responsibility to check they have most current version of the plugin before starting?

If you're asking why I even have an updater, my answer is for the same reason as Paint.NET, Windows, Debian, FileZilla and countless other programs. If you mean "require," I don't require it - but if users are presented with the dialog there's a chance they'll click okay.

------------

Another possible solution is to give them time to update by checking while I roll-out the next RC (which doesn't have that problem) and then activate the update message.

Edit: If people have saved their image before using CBM, you obviously wouldn't lose it.

KaHuc.png
*sigh* Thank goodness I'm not human.

¬_¬

Robot! That is what you are. (jk) :lol:

I wonder what species Pyrochild's alto egos are, technically speaking. :?:

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.