Rants *enter at own risk*

heh, as much as I hate norton, I must admit the registry defrag does a good job. Combined with CCleaner I've barely ever had corrupted databases and programs..

Yes, CCleaner, formerly known as CrapCleaner, is amazing software. I also defrag normally, but haven't really done it in a while. I don't like using the Windows version, so I use AusLogics disc defrag. It works great for me ;)

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

Free and like every thirty days you just have to update and get a new free license key

You only need a new key every year, and you can use the same one every time. (Shhhh)

Im sure there are ways to find out a keys algorithm :roll::roll:

And really? i thought it was every month or something... whatever

siglast.png

You only need a new key every year, and you can use the same one every time. (Shhhh)
I could handle one single email each year to get a new key (or un-new). Lol. :lol:

Should I switch from ZoneAlarm to Avast once my 1 year subscription thing is used up?

i hate avast, the ui is just horrible.

nod32 ftw 8D

I just googled nod32 b/c I haven't heard of it before and then saw that it goes to the same website as an ad I always see in the PCWorld magazine. lol. I recognized it by that robot figure.

@ShK_828: If you like nod32's interface, ZoneAlarm looks almost exactly like that. :D

You don't choose an antivirus based on the UI; you choose it based on how current its definitions are, how much it affects the performance of your computer, how stable it is, and how quick it is at noticing problems (ie, "that file you're about to download is a virus" vs. "that file you installed 5 minutes ago was a virus)

Avast! excels in all of these areas. Granted, I know nothing about nod32. But UI alone is one helluva stupid reason to choose your AV solution - if your AV prevents problems instead of just fixing them, when do you ever need to so much as see the interface, much less use it?

ZoneAlarm is a firewall, not an antivirus. ZoneAlarm Antivirus is powered by Kaspersky.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

ONE of the reason i dont like avast is the UI, for me, ui matters a lot, whether its friendly or not, because i dont want to spend a long time messing with my AV.

kaspersky detection rate is 99.9%, but then it updates every hour, so its a pain.

avast is okay, but kaspersky's scanning is excellent, but i just prefer nod32

You don't choose an antivirus based on the UI; you choose it based on how current its definitions are, how much it affects the performance of your computer, how stable it is, and how quick it is at noticing problems (ie, "that file you're about to download is a virus" vs. "that file you installed 5 minutes ago was a virus)

Avast! excels in all of these areas. Granted, I know nothing about nod32. But UI alone is one helluva stupid reason to choose your AV solution - if your AV prevents problems instead of just fixing them, when do you ever need to so much as see the interface, much less use it?

ZoneAlarm is a firewall, not an antivirus. ZoneAlarm Antivirus is powered by Kaspersky.

So should I switch to Avast for Antivirus protection?

I would say Avasts UI is frikin terrible.

Absolutely. But after installing, and after running your initial scan (always run a complete scan immediately after first installing an AV program), you only have to see it once a year.

So should I switch to Avast for Antivirus protection?

You should research the available options and make your decision based on your needs/preferences, not mine.

xZYt6wl.png

I get Symantec for free. It's always done pretty well.

Oh, right, rants.

umm...grr, bad stuff and things.

Oh, I've got it! My posts are getting progressively more spammy.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I get Symantec for free. <--how for free?

It's always done pretty well.

Oh, right, rants.

umm...grr, bad stuff and things.

Oh, I've got it! My posts are getting progressively more spammy.

Well. there is always a chance another admin will ban you. just kidding ;)

Rant: I have to wait 42 minutes :shock: until the LOST episode starts

Rant: I don't want to start my homework...

@Gamer_world14: My school has awesome software distribution deals. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Rant: My Biology grade is slipping, I just overslept the clock an hour this morning, I've lost all my games in badminton thus far, and to top it all of, my bike's been stolen. Don't exactly love my life right now. :evil:

Edit: Oh, and I bent and cracked my racket.

Rant: 5 hours of homework, impeding GCSEs, French oral exam in one and a bit weeks for which I haven't prepared, people can't leave me alone, backache from carrying 75kg+ of pointless books on my back up a steep hill.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Rant: my arm really hurts

Rant: stale chips

Rant: I can't stop sneezing

Rant: Finale keeps refusing to print more than 1 multi-measure rest in a piece of music.

Rant: Finale forum is full of some of the most patronizing yet illiterate morons I've ever seen.

Rant: no dip for stale chips

xZYt6wl.png