Captains are usually picked by their ability to lead, not just their athletic prowess.

Indeed. Maturity an age are also considerations, not that I'm implying anything. :wink:

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

I know, I was a captain last year and the new coach doesn't like me apparently. I'm a good leader, I know that sounds arrogant but my old coaches always told me that. I was a captain last year, almost no one gets that.

Ah. I know how the "coach doesn't like you" game goes. *shudders with bad memories*

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

*Rant: Internet explorer.

My teachers at my school think they know all about computers,

but then they MAKE you use that crappy web browser.

IE1-IE6? I agree with you.

IE7? Yes, mostly.

IE8? Maybe not.

I think the Microsoft team is finally getting the browser right with 8. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I think the Microsoft team is finally getting the browser right with 8. :-)

Even though they fail at passing the Acid3 test, while most of the browsers these days do, or at least get a decent score.

I get 100/100 with Chrome Beta (2.0.169.1), but there's still a "Fail" in the corner, and a "Linktest Failed" under the rainbow boxes. So, it's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close.

Even though they fail at passing the Acid3 test, while most of the browsers these days do, or at least get a decent score.

But yeah, no one ever said IE8 is perfect, or even modern compared to other browser options. However, for an Internet Explorer release, IE8 doesn't seem like Internet Explorers of the past.

The Acid tests aren't exactly official litmus tests, but Acid3 is a good indication of where the web is headed insofar as dynamic scripting is concerned, and IE8 still has DOM problems to straighten out. Acid2, however, deals more with CSS support, and when you compare...

ieacid2.png

Let's just leave it at this:

With as far behind as IE was, IE8 is a phenomenal step forward. You can't expect them to fix six years of practically no progress in one go, but as long as the team keeps working in the direction they seem to be headed, we may yet see a day where all four mainstream browser engines out there are considered viable.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

its sort of a coincidence that the conficker virus coincides with april fools ...

I think it's more intentional than anything...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Rant - more boring history presentations, now about the Tudors! :twisted:

This stuff is spirit breaking - to think that I actually liked history in primary school but now it's only ever about "is this source reliable" and all that boring stuff. :x :evil: