Yes I know, I would love to be able to code for PdN, but I can coda as well as the next dinner plate...

Oh, for all those who don't mind poking fun at America, look here.

Oh man, that's hilarious :D

While we're talking about regions, you must learn that there is no such place as Devonshire in England. The name of the county is "Devon." If you persist in calling it Devonshire, all American States will become "shires" e.g. Texasshire, Floridashire, Louisianashire.

That got a chuckle.

Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies).

That got some serious laughing :D

7. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry guns. You will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous in public than a vegetable peeler. Because we don't believe you are sensible enough to handle potentially dangerous items, you will require a permit if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

And that was the icing on the cake :D

My rant: Online Ads.

this thread[/url], Myrddin":d4e85]
The only thing that needs improvement is the ads: they occupy half of the page!

Firefox with Adblock Plus For The Win!

I turned ABP off for getpaint.net. I don't know with adsense if the webmaster gets a return for number of times ads are served, or the number of clicks on the ads. I know I'll never click on an ad, but it's the thought that counts.

The main problem I have with Ads in general is they suck. They're false, and most are borderline malicious. For instance, one of the ads presently on getpaint.net:

Paint Shop Pro Photo 12

New Version. Download Now Direct From the Publisher. Official Site.

Corel.com

Well, I tracked it back with Google. The link, though it advertises itself as the official site and proclaims itself to be "Corel.com," WOT says the link is actually pointing to track.did-it.com, not at all the "official site" it claims to be. I refuse to click on the link, but I don't trust it in the slightest.

This is the quandary: Good businesses show up well in Google because of the relevance of the content they provide. Shady businesses buy Google Ad space to drive more unwitting people to their "official" sites. Unfortunately, only the paid advertisements are distributed as Adsense ads, since only paid advertisements generate cash. I'd love to see Google Adsense listings that actually lead me to content from a legitimate business that related to the content of the page I was viewing. They have the "related to the content of the page I was viewing" part down, but the legitimate business part needs some serious work...

I often times click an ad or two when I come in here. In most cases the "track" link you see is an indicator to the ad server that it has been clicked and will re-route you to the actual website. You are wise to be skeptical but the money comes with the clicks.

Companies often use other web advertisers that then buy Google ads for them. It's a silly rat race we're in but it's 98% of what makes the world go 'round. :lol:

RANT: Transformers is too awesome, I couldn't get to sleep until it was over, and then I was exhausted for work this morning. DARN YOU, Michael Bay, for being such an awesome director! And Steven Spielberg for being such an awesome producer! And Shia LaBeouf, for...well, for being in it, even though you were really just good, not great. And DARN YOU, Megan Fox, for what is self-evident to every male here, I'm sure...

And DARN YOU, Megatron, for trying to take over the world!

(Problems seperating reality from fiction. Very interesting...)

My wife ALWAYS loses her keys. :roll:

So, she is constantly borrowing mine. :x

Today, she borrows my keys, drives to the store, and promptly locks the keys in the car. :(

Help! :evil:

Good thing we have AAA.

And, good thing she gives me... uh... back rubs... otherwise I might have to kill her. :mrgreen:

My wife ALWAYS loses her keys. :roll:

So, she is constantly borrowing mine. :x

Today, she borrows my keys, drives to the store, and promptly locks the keys in the car. :(

Help! :evil:

Good thing we have AAA.

And, good thing she gives me... uh... back rubs... otherwise I might have to kill her. :mrgreen:

lock your wife in the closet, problem solved!

new rant: i may not have a comp for weeks + ill be living in a house thats for sale! sniff all i have is a crappy guitar and a powerdead mp3 for entertainment!

I often times click an ad or two when I come in here. In most cases the "track" link you see is an indicator to the ad server that it has been clicked and will re-route you to the actual website. You are wise to be skeptical but the money comes with the clicks.

Companies often use other web advertisers that then buy Google ads for them. It's a silly rat race we're in but it's 98% of what makes the world go 'round. :lol:

Please don't click on any ads unless you're actually interested in what is being advertised. Blind clicking doesn't help, as it reduces the ROI (return on investment, or effectiveness) for the advertiser and thus reduces the amount they're willing to pay for the ad placement.