Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant: I need to learn flash but have no idea where to start. Acrually, same goes for Dreamweaver, i just want to make websites. Though I have Fireworks too. Which way would be easiest? I'm seriosuly confused.

Well, like most any language, learning ActionScript (Flash) takes a lot of reading and bore-inducing memorization. This is a really good place to start if you have Flahs CS3:

http://www.senocular.com/flash/tutorial ... background

Also, watching some less-boring tutorial videos are a great way to learn (though you won't learn *everything*)

I swear. If we could harvest excess energy from my little brother, we could power the globe''s fuel-needing devices and stop global warming.

Wouldn't burning him do the job? Just have to figure out how to efficiently gather the energy from such an enormous flame...

Simple. We put him in a metal cube submerged inside a big cube filled with water. When he burns, giving off all his stored-up chemical energy as kinetic, the heat will conduct through the walls of his box into the water, which will start to boil. Then we harvest the energy given off when the steam condenses on a cold metal plate and is forced to evaporate again as a convection current drags it around, or use a turbine powered by the steam.

wooooo guys you know how susceptible my young impressionable mind is to verbal images like that :lol::lol:

don't you dare touch a hair on that little guys head or else! kaboom! I'll get David to bring out that bammer hammer again. :lol::lol:

ciao OMA

I tried your method, Bobofthedead, steam built right up, but, ah....have you ever heard of steam melting metal?

It's awfully quiet now... :|

:lol::lol:

This isn't really a rant, but tomorrow is our first winter percussion competition. We have based our show on a mid-evil theme, with people in knight (the drumline and most pit) and peasant costumes(the people that don't march). I don't march, so I'm one of four peasants. I bought a suitable costume and I had it ready. But now, one of the drummers is sick. They don't need her part to be played, but during the waltz section, there's two people that she dances with that are now partner-less. Guess who my director chose to fill in for her? That's right. I'm now wearing an old color guard dress that just happens to fit the themed colors because they don't have time to make another knight outfit. I have to learn this dance in one night and I keep getting my feet stepped on, I mess up when I switch partners, and it's more awkward because the first partner I've never really talked to and the second partner is my boyfriend, which is a good thing, but he's not a good dancer and he has to lead me around. None of us are ready...this is going to be a catastrophe.

I can sympathize with you. When I was in show choir I got my feet stepped on all the time. Ugh. Nothing worse than scuffed character shoes right before i competition. Well, I hope everything goes okay for you.

sigh...

again with my maths.

1. i got 0/20

thats like, uber phail. because its 0. and its a weekly test.

2. i dont understand half the questions.

3. i dont expect anyone to care either.

i just needa get rid of my mental anguish XD

RANT: It's quite annoying trying to get a final piece of English coursework done when your teacher's notes are quite hard to read :/

RANT 2: Ugh, I hate GCSE English. Now, GCSE English Literature, now that's much better. I'd rather write a 16 page essay over a stupid story. :/

Someone left the kitchen sink on for like 20 minutes,and it wasn't me oops

Now our kitchen floor is soaken, and the water seeped into the basement, getting all over our dryer.

The water was also on our counter, on our slow cooker and microwave.

So while I'm at my leadership meeting for a Christian camp I intern at, I have to worry about having a home to come back to.

I know James 5:16 says," The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much," but I'm pretty skeptical.

Oh well, I can do is leave it in prayer.

Pray for me, please.

Sure thing aeonix :)

My rant: :evil:

I brought a refurbished 3rd gen iPod Nano from the New Zealand Apple Store a couple of days ago, and when i plugged it in it became immediately obvious it was broken. The battery is screwed, when i plug it in to charge it, it exclaims the battery is full, though when i unplug it it immediately dies coz of no battery. But wait! I have a warranty. But since there are no physical Apple Stores in New Zealand, I have to send it to Australia where it came from. Then they have to send me a replacement. I suppose I deserve this for buying cheap, but I didn't have the money for a new 4th gen and in no way did I imagine this fiasco, even from Apple.

^I love New Zealand *off-topic*

*on topic*

rant: I have 3 big projects and a 3 chapter test this monday, and haven't started working on them because I can't find the info for the most important one...oh, and an Essay

rant: Manatees are useless

Rant: So are Shrimp and Salmon.

Rant: Doctor Who hasn't been coming on, adn I've missed 2 of the specials! my tv keeps skipping some recordings....the good ones, too!

Salmon-flavored bagel shmear

Bagel shmear? Oy, why not try proper lox and schmear, like bubbeh used to make. Gevalt...

Translation: It may be advantageous, in terms of taste, perchance to partake of genuine smoked salmon and soft cream cheese, prepared in the same manner as your grandmother.

I need to memorize my Bible study verse and only have 30 minutes.

You seem to be focused on Christianity a lot lately. Why that?

RANT: This site shows up third when using Google Netherlands to search for "Webdesign". She charges 350-550€ (About 3 billion USD according to current exchange rates) for these websites, which she produces in MS Frontpage 4.0...