Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Visual Arts, ooh, the topics identity, i guess that means we have to keep drawing ourselves, oh and yes, thats great, etc, etc ,etc, ARGHH

i hate visual arts, the topic for this semester, you'd think that theyd have a better topic, but noooo, identity is the best they could come up with.. :evil:

wow! that is one of the broadest topics avail. think outside that box. Identity isn't just drawing the shape of your eyes, ears, nose. what defines you. your love of music, what excites you. your use of computors, the games you play, what's your favourite article of clothing, something everyone knows its you! your blue hat with the wacky portrait of Donald duck on the peak?.

my goodness what a collage of identity I could provide. do you remember when I put my first picture of myself up in the topic "show yourself" I did myself reflected in my rose colored lens (because I see the world always as such a happy place) my glasses were sitting on an old bible (german bible for my heritage) those are things I consider as just a smidgin of my identity.

oh your teacher has given you a very very open slate, with so much room for expression. Instead of gripping embrace this topic full steam ahead. I can see you getting A's and A+'s . Your work here has shown how creative you are. just let everyone else in on that

its your identity!

ah but then you don't know what is in the teachers project plan. if it doesn't progress from draw your own face ears eyes nose maybe a little hint "IN PRIVATE" with the teacher on how you would like to explore beyond these visual things into subtle other items that make up your identity. but give the teacher a chance I'm sure the teacher has a direction mapped out already.

have trust little grasshopper.

:wink:

Rant: we have about 400 pages of rants, but less than half the amount of happiness. The Sanctuary's only been around a few months less; c'mon people, be happier :D

complaining = relieving of pain, anguish, anger, etc.

and if your not angry, must mean your happy, so theoretically, this is the sanctuary, in a way.

I played a 7 hour game of Age of Empires II on Saturday. I'm still recovering from the loss of sleep, but at least I won.

It was a multiplayer game against 5 of my friends.

I meant FLA. :oops:

zooooom over my head I had to google FLA

google is so strange some times I'm positive you are not talking about this

:lol: so clue me in what in the world is FLA ?

The Fair Labor AssociationFair Labor Association (FLA)is a non-profit organization dedicated to ending sweatshop conditions in factories worldwide and building innovative and ...

http://www.fairlabor.org/ - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

To elaborate:

Just as Paint.NET has its own project-type file (.pdn) for working on your image before you're done with it, a .fla file is source for Adobe Flash (the technology behind most internet-based games and other multimedia applications like YouTube). In much the same way as you save your finished product to .png, .jpg, etc., a finished Flash animation/movie/game/whatever will be compiled to a .swf file.

I played a 7 hour game of Age of Empires II on Saturday. I'm still recovering from the loss of sleep, but at least I won.

It was a multiplayer game against 5 of my friends.

So I'm not the only one who still plays that game! I personally think it beasts the third AoE.

To elaborate:

Just as Paint.NET has its own project-type file (.pdn) for working on your image before you're done with it, a .fla file is source for Adobe Flash (the technology behind most internet-based games and other multimedia applications like YouTube). In much the same way as you save your finished product to .png, .jpg, etc., a finished Flash animation/movie/game/whatever will be compiled to a .swf file.

understand now thanks for explination. I'm seeing loads of flash animation mentioned lately. does my computor require special hardware to acheive that?

ciao

OMA

Rant: I need to learn flash but have no idea where to start. Acrually, same goes for Dreamweaver, i just want to make websites. Though I have Fireworks too. Which way would be easiest? I'm seriosuly confused.

Actually, if you have a good sense of design, you don't need to know HTML at all if you use Dreamweaver; it's a WYSIWYG. Of course, HTML doesn't hurt. In fact, it's probably incredibly useful.

Flash is....er....complicated, to say the least. Not Blender-complicated, but it's not something you can wrestle out just by playing with it. Go look up a few ActionScript tutorials, and you should be well on your way.

Actually, if you have a good sense of design, you don't need to know HTML at all if you use Dreamweaver; it's a WYSIWYG. Of course, HTML doesn't hurt. In fact, it's probably incredibly useful.

I know, I said Dreamweaver is an even better choice if you already know HTML. ;)

Also, IMO Flash, like Blender, varies in complexity greatly depending on what you want to do. But in this case i'd advocate just using HTML unless you are looking for either rich animation or more advanced functionality - and in both cases i'd suggest using it just in the areas you need it due to problems such as search engine indexing and history.

I swear. If we could harvest excess energy from my little brother, we could power the globe''s fuel-needing devices and stop global warming.