Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

:roll: temper fits by people with one or two posts ever! :roll::roll: too bad the world doesn't revolve around all their paint.net needs.

they haven't even been around long enough to figure out how great this program is. and how much work everyone puts into it.

Guys, what stuff are you doing which could be considered to be really hard?

hmm this :

2x- x .. jkjkjk XD

actually this : 3x²y-4x+4y-6y²x+6-a-x²y+6b+14xy²- solve for x; and solve for y.

i dont know wth that means.

and besides, ill make up for maths in tech And visual arts :D

I see why you think Algebra is hard now. Silly ShK, you can't solve for x/y if you don't have an equation. All you have is an expression right now. :wink:

:roll: temper fits by people with one or two posts ever! :roll::roll: too bad the world doesn't revolve around all their paint.net needs.

they haven't even been around long enough to figure out how great this program is. and how much work everyone puts into it.

They've also obviously never tried to program a button to display a text box (which took me quite a while), nevermind flippin' IMAGE EDITTING SOFTWARE. Not exactly and easy task.

Well, you have to look at both sides of the situation. On one hand, Rick was probably tired of the constant requests of all sorts of things, and expressed his frustration through sarcasm. We all do that sometimes. But the new guy, not being around long enough for the big picture, thought Rick was just naturally like that, all the time. Personally, and with all due respect, I don't think lashing out at a noob can be justified by frustration, but that's no reason to call someone a "sourpuss" either.

If you look at the thread, JoKar appeared out of the blue with his insult, he also started an introduction thread earlier and when Rick pointed out that his thread title was wrong, he ignored this and continued his introduction.

Which thread? I'm getting confuzzled about the "Rick being rude" and "Rick being insulted" topic in the off-topic and here..

(i do know how to spell confused, i just like the word confuzzled)

Rant: To all of those who live the UK, you know what happened yesterday at Heathrow Airport. For those who don't, here's the thing.

Controversial Dutch politician Geert Wilders has been banned from visiting the United Kingdom to show his film Fitna (which was blown way out of proportion, to be completely honest), and was arrested at Heathrow airport. He was sent back before dinner time.

Now, you may or may not agree on Geert Wilders' political stance. It is completely irrelevant at this time. The cause of him being banned was a threat by Lord Ahmed, which stated that he would have 10,000 angry muslims block the parliament if Wilders was let into the country.

The reply to this threat was -I'm really sorry to say this- almost French-like. The UK government decided that surrendering to these claims would be better for them then to show a 17 minute long movie with stock footage, 3 Qur'an verses and the sound of paper being ripped from a telephone book. Wilders called Gordon Brown "The most cowardly man in Europe.".

However, if you agree with Wilders, there is other side of the coin, which is a lot more shiny. Continued here.

Where to begin this time...

So this previous week is noted as 'Hell Week' by the school faculty I attend. It it the week before term finals. My first Hell Week was a breeze in the park, however this time around I really had better words for it than just 'Hell Week'. Why? Because I missed the entire week before Hell Week. That means ontop of all of the grade scarvenging teachers like to do, I was also working on makeup work. Makeup work consisted of four tests and an English paper to write. From there, things just went downhill.

Starting on Monday night I had to write a paper for English (the previously mentioned makeup work) detailing the struggles between characters Nora and Torvald in A Doll's House (Some women's rights novel). That took me nearly four hours to complete. Also, I made up two tests. One Pre-Cal and one American History. On Thursday, I took one more test for Latin and began work on a Powerpoint Presentation for English. This presentation was meant to be done by partners because of its length. So my partner shows up at 12:00 at night to start working and leaves the room slamming the door at 12:30. I wrote an entire twenty-five slide slideshow for the next five hours that night!

Around 5:30 in the morning after the English presentation, I had to start on a small slideshow for Chemistry. That took me about two and half hours. After the Chem work, I went and made up work service hours. Now let be digress for a second: My History teacher had contacted me about my makeup work and I had talked to her about turning in my term project on Monday instead of yesterday at the cost of a letter grade drop on the project. She said that would be fine. So, when I got into her class on Friday she tells me that she will not accept anybody's project later than 10:00pm that night! I hadn't even started on the thing yet!

So I began working on it around noon. I had to find seven images that represented a chosen theme during Revolution War era and then write an essay around each image. After the essay writing, we had to implant the images and essays into a web design. I hate publisher, so I decided to hand write the design. Of course, the design looks decent but in under ten hours I couldn't do very much. If Dan Larson were to look at the coding, he would have a heart attack. Why? I didn't have the time to properly float and anchor my content. So everything is positioned based on my teacher's monitor resolution. That means it only looks right on the 1024x760 monitor resolution.

I turned in everything. And I made an A on everything I turned in, including the website .

...If Dan Larson were to look at the coding, he would have a heart attack. Why? I didn't have the time to properly float and anchor my content. So everything is positioned based on my teacher's monitor resolution. That means it only looks right on the 1024x760 monitor resolution.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have the energy to look at the mark-up anyway. I've had a Hell Week all my own: Computer troubles, overdue projects at both school and work, and a car-accident to top it all off.

I'm still disappointed in you, though. :P

Rant:

So I've gradually discovered over the past year or so that I want to spend the rest of my life drawing, painting, designing and commercializing. So I've taken a few classes to increase my skill in these areas...and it has, considerably. Enough to get quite a lot of publicity about it at school, among friends. That's where the rant-ness comes in. I'm taking a 3D art class with a few friends in the same class, and sometimes I'll suggest something to them that I think would make the project look better. Most of the time, I'm shot back at with a "Wow, Gene, just because you're better than everyone else, doesn't mean you can say other people suck." Or, when I get an A- on a project, and someone else gets an A, I take a look at his/her results. At least one person would say, "See? He can't take someone else getting a better grade than him, so he's trying to find flaws." It's getting INCREDIBLY annoying.

They're probably just jealous, who wouldn't be? :P

Just tell them thats its annoying and you're not trying to say that they suck, but just trying to help, and if they don't want to take on board that advice, then they can and stuff themselves.

^^ Use at own risk. ^^

They're probably just jealous, who wouldn't be? :P

Just tell them thats its annoying and you're not trying to say that they suck, but just trying to help, and if they don't want to take on board that advice, then they can and stuff themselves.

^^ Use at own risk. ^^

Personally, my friend's who are constantly smug towards me whenever they get higher marks than me, I find it nice to return the favour when (for example), I got full marks while they were stuck with a B :)

Visual Arts, ooh, the topics identity, i guess that means we have to keep drawing ourselves, oh and yes, thats great, etc, etc ,etc, ARGHH

i hate visual arts, the topic for this semester, you'd think that theyd have a better topic, but noooo, identity is the best they could come up with.. :evil:

I dunked my camera in the Gulf of Mexico about a half hour ago :evil:

Dang, man, that really sucks. :cry: Did you at least save the memory card? Which hopefully contained many awesome pictures?

And @ShK: I think identity is a great topic to draw/paint on. Lots of ideas pop up when I hear that.