Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

I don't think so, but I've only been on the planet 9 years so I don't know what it was like in the first place. Then again, look at how in Italy Latin gradually turned into Italian(Is that what it's caled?).

Wait -- you're nine years old?!?

Okay, new rant: I wasn't NEARLY that smart 13 years ago! :-) Although within three or four years of that time, I'd taught myself basic HTML, so I suppose it's not too bad...

Well you just made me feel stupid... Im teaching myself html in another tab right now... and im 15

Well at least at 13 I was teaching myself C++, which is way more advance than html.

[/offtopic]

Yup, 9 years, 9x365&1/4 days, 9x12 months, or to be precise, 9 years 4 months 27 days 5 hours 3 minutes 46 seconds 53 microseconds 21 nanoseconds!

The last 5 bits were completely made up.:D

I have a rant too! People should consider Indian English at the same level as American English, and British English! :evil: India has (roughly, of course) more English speakers than Australia, The U.K., and Canada combined :P ! Yeah, yeah, second-language mumbo-jumbo, but Indian English is very distinct!

Take that!

ncfan, almost all of the non-British and non-American members of this forum have proved to me that other nations teach English better than the U.S. does. You have me convinced! :-)

Congratulations, ncfan51, Indian English shall now be included whenever I mention British and American English in the same instance! Seriously, I will.

[rant]How can I be expected to play "Hurt and Heal (+/-) 2: Video Game Franchises" when there are NO id GAMES ON THE LIST?!?!

Hello?!

Doom

Quake

Grrr... :evil:

"careful consideration..." my behind! :roll:

[rant]"careful consideration..." my behind! :roll:

I took a list of every franchise that was requested, and it came to somewhere around 30-40. So I took each one that had two requests, and it came to 12. There were only five (I think) that had three or more requests, so I did a Google search on the remaining options that had only two requests, and included the three that had the highest Google hits. Just because you didn't vote isn't my problem! I was completely democratic. See, having a board of more than eight would take WAY too long, and I want an opportunity for those who don't like video games to be able to play the next one soon.

So, see, it WAS carefully considered. :-) Took me quite a bit of thought.

My rant: The price of music. It costs at least £8 to buy an album from my local store (which, incidentally is a 45-minute bus journey away), a price which I can't and won't pay for the sake of eight or nine tracks.

Why is it so expensive, you may ask (or, knowing half the users here, you already know)? It is because of the incorrigible big record labels with their incorrigible strangle-hold on virtually all music. It is ridiculous that music, a form of art, can be priced so highly, when, by all rights it should be free or have a nominal fee. Art should be priced so the masses can afford them. Radiohead has the right idea.

My rant: The price of music. It costs at least £8 to buy an album from my local store (which, incidentally is a 45-minute bus journey away), a price which I can't and won't pay for the sake of eight or nine tracks.

Why is it so expensive, you may ask (or, knowing half the users here, you already know)? It is because of the incorrigible big record labels with their incorrigible strangle-hold on virtually all music. It is ridiculous that music, a form of art, can be priced so highly, when, by all rights it should be free or have a nominal fee. Art should be priced so the masses can afford them. Radiohead has the right idea.

You're British?! ANyway, my rant:

Some random person has added me to their friends list on dA and I can remeber seeing their avatar somewhere but I just cannot remeber where!!

I agree, music is overpriced. In some ways it's better for the musicians who make it if it makes more money, please let me explain before you all post cynical things along the lines of "of course they can, they like their bank balances nice & high".

Explanation - a little bit of music industry information for you all.

When a band signs to a record label, they get given an Advance. This is not, as you may believe or expect, money that they can keep, it is money that they have to pay back to the record company. Similarly, when a band records an album the record company pays for the cost of the studio, engineers & any other costs that may be incurred. These costs are taken out of any money that the band makes on the album, meaning that the band doesn't get anything until every last cup of coffee that was drunk whilst the recording & post production process was going on is payed for. The same also applies with the advance.

If a band gets signed & records a successful album that's great, if they record an unsuccessful album, they still have to pay the record companies the cost of recording & any of the advance money that they spent.

[/music industry lesson]

I personally think that £5 is a pretty fair price to pay for an album, much more than £10 - £12 is extortion.

I'm getting really ticked off with Reuters :evil: . All of a sudden it seems like their news is pretty much..well...under-featured...Not that they have ever had really good articles, but seriously, they should put more meaningful content in there. Some of their articles...It appears like they were just desperate to find something to write about. :roll:

@ bob.

Yeah, true, you'd get more children buying albums coz they'd be able to afford it which it less likely at the moment.

I do agree with you, I was just pointing out the other side of the argument. :)

I'll actually go on topic with the rant on music companies. In the U.S., CDs will typically cost around $15-18, or almost twice the price of the same download on iTunes! How utterly ridiculous. $15 is three times the price of the average fast food meal. And the bands see so little of the money it's shameful.

Well, i've got something to rant about... My 1 extra gig memory came in, but, some kinda fool made either my motherboard only support 2.5 Volt RAM modules, or make 1.8 volts the new standard. :( Now i have to order one for the same price, but only 512MB...

MY RANT: My job. A little over a month ago, my manager told me they were laying me off this week; a week or so after that, he got fired. So I was staying. But then, yesterday, we were informed that my store was closing! So the job was secure, then wasn't, then was, then wasn't again. Talk about being jerked around. Actually, I'm fine with it...I never liked the job, and if the company is going to be this shifty, I don't want to work for them anyway. Good riddance.

MY RANT: My job. A little over a month ago, my manager told me they were laying me off this week; a week or so after that, he got fired. So I was staying. But then, yesterday, we were informed that my store was closing! So the job was secure, then wasn't, then was, then wasn't again. Talk about being jerked around. Actually, I'm fine with it...I never liked the job, and if the company is going to be this shifty, I don't want to work for them anyway. Good riddance.

tough, i hate it when that happens (godammit you people, make up your minds :roll: )