i think i need to make my email private now.

During the past week, ive recieved a nigerian scam and something saying ive won something =/

Obviously scams. :evil:

I mean, how does this even make sense:

Agent Name: Mr.Glen Robert Email: glenrobert@hotmail.co.uk Tell:+44-703-1953-753 This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of One Million British Pounds held on the 1st of Jan 2009 in London Uk. Fill the below: 1. Name: 2. Address: 3. Country of Residence: 4. Telephone Number:5. Age

1 million pounds, pft

But the fact someone out there, knows my email, and can send me a lot of viruses is bad thru pictures :(

I am usually forced to create a new email address every 1-2 years. Now, however, I have set up a 'spambox' on my private server as well as a masked email address. Whenever I register for anything, I use the spambox. And whenever it is time for a new Gmail account, I am using a completely different email address. It works.

signature.png

Rant: Ubuntu won't load. I booted from the CD, and the Ubuntu boot screen came up and loaded properly, and it turns black...and stays black.

I currently have the same problem with Windows XP...

A repair fixed mine, sorta. But since yours is a boot cd and not an install...

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

What. The. Hell.

Earlier today I looked at my AP Lit grade. The final exam is 20% of our final grade. My semester grade (80%) and final exam were both listed as 42.71%, so the final grade was also 42.71%.

I just checked it again. Now the final exam is listed as 84%, the semester grade as 57.31%, but the final grade is still listed as 42.71%. It should be 62.65%. Passing. So apparently I am failing this class due to my teacher's inability to use the grading software...

I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER if I actually passed the class or not...

EDIT: Here's a pic to illustrate the nonsense.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Nooooooo... thats not fair. What happened to our human rights with computers!? :P

Well, it doesn't affect me, its not like i've ever pirated software. Ever.

I don't know which is worse, that or the great Australian Firewall. Yet again, we have idiots doing jobs they nothing about. :x

Big money! IIRC, Master Collection is ~$2500. I'm working under the assumption that the copy you're getting is legal... ha.

Rant: So you know the evil stepmother stereotype? Well that's totally true for my girlfriend. Her step-sis sucks at math. So she gets a (very expensive) tutor. My girlfriend is also terrible at math (apparently left-handed people have a higher tendency of being extremely "right-brained"?), but she is not allowed to get a tutor. Not even one that will do it for free... FREE!

I tried, but I am horrid at teaching anything but physics. I can teach physics.

xZYt6wl.png

(apparently left-handed people have a higher tendency of being extremely "right-brained"?)

HEY!

Rant: Part 11 of my Builda Model Solar System came today. I now have 32 parts to catch up on, plus a LOAD of reading to do.

Rant: I'm STILL too ill to go back to school. I was meant to go back last Monday.

HEY!

Hey what? It's a proven scientific fact! You can't get mad at that. You might as well be offended by the rain.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Rant: Part 11 of my Builda Model Solar System came today. I now have 32 parts to catch up on, plus a LOAD of reading to do..

I remember you ranting about this before (last year) - how far have you got with this anyway because the outcome seems pretty cool! 8) Still, hope you recover soon.

I've nearly finished now, I've only got 3 more planets to do, then I'll be able to add the motor. In total, I've only got 9 more issues to come. I'd upload a photo of my current progress, except the batteries in my camera only last for 1 hour of use, and they're not rechargeable. And we've got no more batteries. And they've run out of power.

Fine, but pyro said "apparently.

So, you'd rather I state it as an absolute truth rather than an opinion-widely-held-by-the-scientific-community? Ok.

Lefties suck at math.

Look! No "apparently." Is that better? Didn't think so.

xZYt6wl.png

"The sun is apparently bright" would be a correct statement. Sure, we think it's bright, but quasars are two trillion times brighter; so, to someone less than 33 light-years away from a quasar, our sun is phenomenally dim. To someone mere inches from a quasar, our sun would be practically black.

"The sun apparently gives off light" would be an incorrect statement. I don't know of anyone who disputes that the sun gives off light. Although there may be someone, I suppose...there was an active flat-earth society until the mid-1970s...

I digress, though. The sun does give off light; it's proven scientifically. Heck, you can prove it scientifically yourself, if you like....just wait until morning. You don't even need any equipment. So "apparently" is unnecessary.

However, you can't prove what pyro said without at least an MRI machine. It's not empirical. It's theoretical, conjectural, maybe a work in progress at best.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Fine, but pyro said "apparently.

So, you'd rather I state it as an absolute truth rather than an opinion-widely-held-by-the-scientific-community? Ok.

Lefties suck at math.

Look! No "apparently." Is that better? Didn't think so.

No, I'm saying that I had no idea it was scientific fact. And also, stating it as act, for me, in a way, does make it, rather convolutedly, better, actually. Far too many commas in that sentence, so I'm leaving for a while, as that means Im gettin angry, and I dont like being angry, because I argue. It didn't help with people saying "Rubrica for pwnage award 2009!!!11!one". Some people don't want that award, OK!?