RANT 1: I don't have japanese lessons for two weeks

RANT 2: I get bored at school (on Math and English lessons particularly)

RANT 3: I'm sick of waiting for Final Fantasy IV; It's never showing up here.

RANT 4: I think I'm losing a friend... :'X

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Meh... Mine's in 11th grade, and we're STILL recapping bloody direct proportionality! We only did it, hmm, six weeks before we broke up! We're never going to learn the stuff at A* level... That poster on the wall next to my seat is just there to mock me, I swear!

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I think I might hit something. :evil:

On my desktop, I have various shortcuts, as well as a folder called "ABC".

I made a new background, see Desktop Art, and I didn't think very many shortcuts went well with it.

So I made a new folder, and called it "Desktop Shortcuts".

I then dragged everything from the desktop into the folder (Excluding things that can't be moved, of course).

After a while, as ABC was being pasted into the new folder an error message popped up, saying a certain file could not be moved.

I thought, ok, that's fine, it must be read-only, so I dragged in all the folders excluding ABC.

I then tried to get into "desktop Shortcuts" - so that I could get Abc and pull it back out, because there were now 2 ABC (one with EVERY PICTURE I'VE EVER MADE) and the other with some setup read only file.

So anyways, I clicked to get into Desktop Shortcuts, and it said I couldn't access it because the "file is being used by another process". So I couldn't get into the folder.

I then tried to get into ABC, or whatever remained of it on my desktop, and it said I couldn't get into that either, for the same reason.

After a while of trying to get into them, unsuccessfully, I went over to the Recycle Bin. It had some files in it, and I like better empty.

So I emptied it, but it took a couple of seconds (there should have only been 2 or 3 files in it).

_____

Right now, there is no ABC or Desktop Shortcuts...

I never manually deleted any of them, they just disappeared. My Recycle Bin is empty, and the only icons left on my desktop are my Computer, Documents, IE, and Recycle Bin.

I swear on my life I never manually deleted the foler ABc, or any of its contents.

_____

My guess right now is that as I was trying to paste ABC into Desktop shortcuts, preexisting files got overridden, and when only the "read only" setup was left, it overrode everything.

Point is,

Everything is gone.

I've looked for recovery tools - I found one called Restoration, but the only files it recovers are corrupted and can't be read.

What I don't understand is how everything got deleted so quickly, which makes me think it's not gone. There was never a "time remaining" window or anything - things just 'disappeared'.

_____

Lesson learned: Make more backups.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

EXACTLY.

Still half of the class doesnt understand.

Well, I must say that we got through those on 7th grade (at the age of 13-14), and it was really hard on some of my classmates. Now we're going through those things-->%(Don't know what it's called in English) and about 67% of our class thinks it's hard. Not me, though.

Yes, 67% is a random number.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I think I might hit something. :evil:

On my desktop, I have various shortcuts, as well as a folder called "ABC".

I made a new background, see Desktop Art, and I didn't think very many shortcuts went well with it.

So I made a new folder, and called it "Desktop Shortcuts".

I then dragged everything from the desktop into the folder (Excluding things that can't be moved, of course).

After a while, as ABC was being pasted into the new folder an error message popped up, saying a certain file could not be moved.

I thought, ok, that's fine, it must be read-only, so I dragged in all the folders excluding ABC.

I then tried to get into "desktop Shortcuts" - so that I could get Abc and pull it back out, because there were now 2 ABC (one with EVERY PICTURE I'VE EVER MADE) and the other with some setup read only file.

So anyways, I clicked to get into Desktop Shortcuts, and it said I couldn't access it because the "file is being used by another process". So I couldn't get into the folder.

I then tried to get into ABC, or whatever remained of it on my desktop, and it said I couldn't get into that either, for the same reason.

After a while of trying to get into them, unsuccessfully, I went over to the Recycle Bin. It had some files in it, and I like better empty.

So I emptied it, but it took a couple of seconds (there should have only been 2 or 3 files in it).

_____

Right now, there is no ABC or Desktop Shortcuts...

I never manually deleted any of them, they just disappeared. My Recycle Bin is empty, and the only icons left on my desktop are my Computer, Documents, IE, and Recycle Bin.

I swear on my life I never manually deleted the foler ABc, or any of its contents.

_____

My guess right now is that as I was trying to paste ABC into Desktop shortcuts, preexisting files got overridden, and when only the "read only" setup was left, it overrode everything.

Point is,

Everything is gone.

I've looked for recovery tools - I found one called Restoration, but the only files it recovers are corrupted and can't be read.

What I don't understand is how everything got deleted so quickly, which makes me think it's not gone. There was never a "time remaining" window or anything - things just 'disappeared'.

_____

Lesson learned: Make more backups.

You sure the folder you put on desktop was a shortcut?

At least you can find all the work you posted on the forum.... :(

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Yeah, it wasn't a shortcut or anything.

I found some software, and was able to get back some pics - but no PDN files, because they're not actually recognized as files (it doesn't know how to group them).

I got some joker pics, the background I posted last night, and now I'm gonna go through my gallery and try to find some things I want to download back.

I've gone through all of the Stages (denial, rationalization, etc.) and can now say this is just a chance to restart with fresh ideas.

:)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

a chance to restart with fresh ideas.

:)

This is the positive attitude everyone should have. ;)

I'm sure the new stuff will be bigger and better.

Good luck!

Hey guys, this is the rants thread. No happy stuff allowed. :evil:

:lol:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo
Aeonix is mad that the citywide wifi is slow during the daytime.

I'm mad you have citywide WiFi.

But it sucks.

Its basically like free, slower than dialup, internet.

Well during the day, that is.

Read about it. http://wirelessphiladelphia.org

How are you going to have a connection with slow page viewing speeds but fast downloading speed?