I dont really care if people like Chris Brown, Beyonce, Ludacris, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake's ect music gets stolen, i'd like to see those people go out of business anyway. But when people are downloading Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Rage against the Machine, The Living End or Alice in Chains ect ect for free its just sickeningly wrong.
Artists make their money from SHOWS, not ALBUMS. You know who gets pretty much all of the money from the albums? The record label. Most artists don't care at all if people download their music. It's free publicity, and gets more fans to go to the shows. Some of their contracts, however, prevent them from saying so. But once they get a chance, the smart ones ditch their label (Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, etc.)
And the worst part is that its all Legal.

... no it's not...

*ahem*

That is sooo incredibly close to necroposting...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

76% of all my music that I paid for and own is because of music downloading. If I find a song and really like it then I buy the CD with that song. It my rule. But if I never hear of the song how am I to buy it. I own music from bands who songs were never played and never will be played here in the west.

I guess your right. Its just me being a teenager, its either

A. Conform to teenage societys expectations

or B. Be a social outcast while being called names like emo just because you died your hair black. Or nerd just cause you got 29.5/30 on your maths exam.

Oh well being called an old farts music lover wont really make much of a difference.

Well luckily I'm into the music that my parents used to be into (shameful, i know)

Totally not shameful. My parents used to listen to a good deal of The Beatles. Now I am the biggest Beatles fan I know :P

And I like listening to The Who, Boston, Rush, and other old bands :)

I wonder if Rick still plays Rock Band.....

RANT: I'm about 250 kilometers away from home, and my at home decided to stop working. This means that I can't connect to my PC via Logmein, and can't work here... Did anybody already download my parser package so I can work on it here? It would be a great a help...

EDIT: Never mind, the connection is fixed.

I guess your right. Its just me being a teenager, its either

A. Conform to teenage societys expectations

or B. Be a social outcast while being called names like emo just because you died your hair black. Or nerd just cause you got 29.5/30 on your maths exam.

Oh well being called an old farts music lover wont really make much of a difference.

Seriously.

And people talk about me because I'm African American and listen to post-hardcore music.

RANT: I bought sushi for lunch... and there are NO CHOP STICKS ANYWARE!!! :evil:

....well, you can use you hands---when no one's looking, or you could use a pair of pens as chopsticks :lol:

-----------------

Rant: Wished I had downloaded the diagonal lines plugin before it vanished into thin air :(

RANT: I bought sushi for lunch... and there are NO CHOP STICKS ANYWARE!!! :evil:

....well, you can use you hands---when no one's looking, or you could use a pair of pens as chopsticks :lol:

-----------------

Rant: Wished I had downloaded the diagonal lines plugin before it vanished into thin air :(

Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6483&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Diagonal

Rant: I can find no renders of Obama for a new sig.

Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6483&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=Diagonal

Rant: I can find no renders of Obama for a new sig.

Yea, problem is that the link to the .dll is broken. And I doubt if the guy will come back to fix it :(

Does the plugin simply fill the screen with randomly-placed dialogonal-lines that all are all long-enough to hide the ends? If you explain what the effect does, I may be able to re-create such a plugin.

KaHuc.png
Here it is actually.

Yay! Thanks Aeonix :)

And Simon, don't worry about it. I wouldn't take time away from you working on other plugins instead of just fixing one up for me :wink:

--------------

This isn't the happy thread, though, so I'll cover this up with---

Rant: APNG Editor crashed while I was trying to delete a few frames of my new sig to cut down the size :x

Hope TinyPic can handle it....

Half rant, half cry for help:

So yeah, lately, I've been reading up on some of the many theories of Aza Raskin in his numerous blogs, [Humanized, Toolness, Mozilla Labs, and Azarask.in]. As it turns out, this guy is a true nerd, but he's also a pretty decent geek as well.

Anyway, I've downloaded a few of his applications [Enso being the most prominent], and I'm happy with my sudden increase in productivity.

I recently discovered a new UI he and his co-workers at Mozilla are working on to implement in Firefox down the road, entitled "Ubiquity." From the screenshots I see, it's really cool. There's plenty of documentation of it at Mozilla's wiki, as well as a simple procedure to install it on you're own installation of Firefox.

The problem is, the simple process hasn't been very simple.

To get the source code for Ubiquity and develop for it, you'll first have to install Mercurial and Python if they're not already on your system. Then, from the command line, enter:

hg clone http://hg.toolness.com/ubiquity-firefox

Now enter the newly-created ubiquity-firefox directory and read the README file contained in it for further instructions (an online version can be found here).

Luckily, I already had Mercurial and Python installed (even though I never used them). So I open the command line, type the above, a lot of text starts flying on the screen [telling me that the files were cloned], but nothing really happened other than that. Nothing was downloaded, nothing was changed. So I figured, oh well, I'll just do it the GUI way, and download the actual zip on the website. I do so, and all is well. Sorta.

From there, I extracted the files into "C:/Program files/Firefox 3/ubiquity-firefox/" and I opened the readme. Within the file was information on how to install it into the Firefox profile of your choice. It said to "enter the root directory of your Ubiquity source code

checkout and run 'python manage.py install'." Simple instructions, though me being not-so-keen with any form of a terminal or command line, it's incredibly perplexing.

So first, I spend 30 minutes trying to cd to the root directory in cmd and giving the python install command, but alas, it doesn't work.

So then, I open Python, spend 45 minutes trying to import os, os.chdir(), and gave the manage.py install command, only to get more errors. So I thought, wait, why don't I just double-click on the .py file? So I do, python opens, displays some text, and closes, all within a few thousandths of a second. So I open the file again, take a screenshot before it closes, and pasted it in Paint. Basically, it said that I need to specify what I wanted to do with it (install was among the list).

So yeah, I still haven't been able to install Ubiquity.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb