rant: my parents flatly refuse to even try a different browser than IE, or the MSN browser, which in my experience closely mirrors IE in rendering a page. :? :x

ha like tats a problem just delete a critial ie component on them!

now heres a real problem lol

RANT:i really really really need a cigarette! i know im a lost cause but i really really need one to sooth my nicotine cravings! :x :cry::roll:

rant: my parents flatly refuse to even try a different browser than IE, or the MSN browser, which in my experience closely mirrors IE in rendering a page. :? :x

RANT:i really really really need a cigarette! i know im a lost cause but i really really need one to sooth my nicotine cravings! :x :cry::roll:

it's not much, but it's all your far-away internet buddies can do.

cigarette.jpg

it's not much, but it's all your far-away internet buddies can do.

cigarette.jpg

RANT: computer on fire and house slowly burning down after trying to light those ciggies. oh well shop opens in 5 hours cant wait :D

edit: trying the chewing gum idea now hoping for the best

Rant: I'm always telling myself "Today, I'm going to make something for deviantART", but I somehow get sidetracked or I have a loss of inspiration. Yet, whenever I have a sudden gleam of inspiration, I forget what it was by the time I get to the computer. At the moment, I have some album cover ideas, but I don't have the camera for it (BTW, if I where to get a DSLR, it would be a Nikon D40x)

But then again, I have about 5 unfinished endeavors on my desktop, but I'm running out of ideas as to what I should to with them.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Rant: I'm always telling myself "Today, I'm going to make something for deviantART", but I somehow get sidetracked or I have a loss of inspiration. Yet, whenever I have a sudden gleam of inspiration, I forget what it was by the time I get to the computer. At the moment, I have some album cover ideas, but I don't have the camera for it (BTW, if I where to get a DSLR, it would be a Nikon D40x)

But then again, I have about 5 unfinished endeavors on my desktop, but I'm running out of ideas as to what I should to with them.

I know how u feel, you are out somewhere and get a great idea than when you get home you cant remember. its very annoying but you just start a new project and then never get around to finishing it. such is life :)

I wouldn't have a clue personally - I love photography, and I'd love to have a DSLR with some neat lenses, but I wouldn't have a clue about which make is better...

Hasselblad (Wiki this) FTW!

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Ugh..Nikon...

What do you have against Nikon DSLRs? I can understand you hating thier compacts, but when it comes to DSLRs, they're the leader in image quality. Just the other day, I picked up a Consumer Report magazine, and there was an article about the best cameras in the business (image quality-wise), and the one in the top spot was the Nikon D200. Looking down the list, in 8th place was the D40x, the D40 in 9th and the EOS Rebel XTi in 10th, making the D40x the best choice within my price range (an entry-level DSLR no more than $650 body only). After reading it, I did extensive research on which one generated the least noise, and the D40x prevailed. Yes, I know that the D40 and its derivatives only support a limited spectrum of lenses, and even less that support AF with the camera, but the ones that do are all that I'll need. I also hear that the XTi mixes very badly with cheap 3rd party lenses, limiting the options to only high end glass, while a fair majority of the D40's lens spectrum is relatively cheap and turn out terrific. However, of course, the D40 doesn't support any lenses with AF that are good for indoor sports, but then again, the pictures I'll be taking don't include Basketball or Hokey, so I'm good. And of course, both Cannon and Nikon are known for their undoubtedly high quality, so I'm not going to question reliability.

Oh, and by the way, the D40x is lighter and smaller than anything in the Cannon EOS breed.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

Ugh..Nikon...

What do you have against Nikon DSLRs?

Read the line after that. I am a Canon fanboy, right from the 35mm age.

Oh, and did I mention that the D40x has only a 3-point autofocus? I've tried the D40x in the store, and it is noticably (sp?) slower than the xTi. Although I will concur: the D40x isn't bad for a first DSLR, though the xTi will serve you a lot longer than just your beginning months..

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I think we found the expert who needs to make the thread for photography. :|

To tell you the truth, it wouldn't be fitting for me to start a Photography thread. I don't even have a DSLR, despite my knowledge of them, and frankly, I really just get most of my camera knowledge from Popular Photography magazine [though my subscription ended by now], Google, and any other magazine I just happen to pick up. Kinda similar to how I'm able to make multiple 300+ word blog posts about mp3 players even though I don't own any of the ones I talk about. It takes someone with experience with the actual devices to develop true opinions (not just ones based off of company specifications).