Thanks for that smart answer, Myrddin. :wink:

@Munzapoppa: I was about to, but then someone tried to hug him, and he burst into tears and screamed "Leave me alone!" So I figured he needed some time to himself...but by the end of the day, he was smiling and laughing a little bit. He's a really fun guy, and it was terrible to see him the way he was. Our conductor, I think, was a little traumatized by seeing this new side of Josh, but he tried to cheer him up by saying, "Women...you can't live with them, you can't shoot 'em." This guy's an idiot, but he's our idiot! But, I'm sorry no one ever consoles you in these situations...it can be tough, can't it?

@Munzapoppa: I was about to, but then someone tried to hug him, and he burst into tears and screamed "Leave me alone!" So I figured he needed some time to himself...but by the end of the day, he was smiling and laughing a little bit. He's a really fun guy, and it was terrible to see him the way he was. Our conductor, I think, was a little traumatized by seeing this new side of Josh, but he tried to cheer him up by saying, "Women...you can't live with them, you can't shoot 'em." This guy's an idiot, but he's our idiot! But, I'm sorry no one ever consoles you in these situations...it can be tough, can't it?

He's crying over a breakup?

Kind of...

He never acted like it but he really adored her and she broke up with him because she thought of him more as a friend...but he was really upset because he knew how he really felt and he was mad at himself for not doing the best he could.

You had to know him, I guess. Let's get off this topic, shall we?

While the temptation is there, I really just don't want to go out at my age, really.

I don't see why it's such a big thing either, but oh well.

Back on topic: Why does FF3 need a new directory to install without performance issues? I mean, if you install FF3 in the directory you installed FF2, you'll be going to freeze town.

No problem, it's all free to use.

I know you said we should leave it, but this is also be my genuine rant...

...but he was really upset because he knew how he really felt and he was mad at himself for not doing the best he could.
I've been there one too many times. Damn my cowardice! I should really sort this out, desperately. It's my own fault, I won't deny that, nor try and pass blame unto others.

It's right about now I just stand, staring into the distance, hands in my pockets, thinking for about five minutes whilst cursing under my breath. Unfortunately, I can't accomplish any of those three on here, or rather, not as effectively. I could display five minutes of inactivity, but it won't be the quite the same.

Damn my cowardice!

I've been meaning to say that to someone, and I know not one of you, members or visitors, so it doesn't feel so bad to do so.

RANT: I wrote this in a block SQL code today:

-- Microsoft, why give us a kickass new feature... and cripple it?

:|

I'm using SQL2005 and had to write a SQL query that uses the new PIVOT command. Everything was working well until I discovered that you can't use a 'Sub Select' in the 'IN' section of the 'PIVOT' command. :evil:

All column names MUST be written out manually. :cry:

Dynamic SQL, here I come. :roll:

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Rants:

The forum is always down at least once daily these days.

Cairo Shell Pack wont be out for another week, and by then I'll be at overnight camp.

My sister is getting all the attention and she only graduated from 8th grade, even though I will be next year.

I can't make a good thread idea that hasn't been used before.

I didn't get invited to any parties for this summer.(Another 3 months on the forum I guess :evil:)

I don't have any ways to get WirelessPhiladelphia except to ask my sister for money.

All in all, quite sad. :(

Edit: WP is going become free sometime.

2d0mb0w.png

I recently posted this in a rant in the Browser Discussion thread, but I got EOP, and this needs visibility. I've seen some people stating how they're "happy with IE" during the Download Day celebrations, and I want people to know just what they're doing to the Internet.

I was looking into Acid3 (Wiki this), and I came across this disturbing piece of news:

Microsoft, developers of the Internet Explorer browser, said that Acid3 does not map to the goal of Internet Explorer 8 and that IE8 will improve only some of the standards being tested by Acid3.

Now, the actual quote goes:

Chris Wilson[/url]":3to4rwq7]The ACID3 test is a collection of interesting tests, spread across a large set of standards. Some of those standards will see improvements in IE8 - in fact, IE8 already improves on IE7's score - but we are focused on the most important features and standards to make web developers' lives easier. The ACID3 test does not map directly to that goal.

How the biscuit do you mean Acid does not map to the goal of Internet Explorer 8? Acid is a map to the goal of the future of the Internet itself - DOM manipulation, AJAX, heavy CSS support (CSS2 has been around since 1998, and IE still doesn't properly support it) - so it sure a milkshakes better be your goal, or you're bigger idiots than even I'd imagined.

And this, happy children, is why I strongly encourage you to give the big middle-finger to Internet Explorer. Download Firefox, download Opera, download Safari if you can get it to work on your Windows machine - I don't care! Just STOP SUPPORTING THEIR LAZINESS. The Internet could to great and wonderful things were it not for Microsoft's languid complacence, and by tolerating their browser, you're helping them hurt web developers. Please, realize what you're doing.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

IE has two different font types:

Webpage font:

(Default: Times New Roman)

and

Plain text font:

(Default: Courier New)

So I can't get them to look the same because Fire fox has one font for everything...

Thanks for the help though.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!