Sign in to follow this  
Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

I've had many talks. Most of them involving homework and abysmally low grades... But yet, my parents have yet to deliver the supposedly inevitable Birds and Bees talk... Maybe I got lucky...

pyro...brilliant yet lazy doesn't do anyone any good (watch "Good Will Hunting" :))

Elsewhere I sympathize with parents since I pretty much am one when I'm at home! :? As much as I love my family they tend to do stupid things. :roll:

Well sure I do fine on tests... But even so, it's rather difficult to pass classes without ever doing homework... ;)

You sound like my clone.

Careful, you may end up working as a Computer Programmer for Intel. :D

You sound like my clone.

Careful, you may end up working as a Computer Programmer for Intel. :D

Welll.... how are the hours? ;)

When I started, they were explained to me this way:

"We have flexible hours. You can arrive anytime before 8am and leave anytime after 5pm... so long as your work is done."

I work on salary, not hourly, so it turned out to be pretty accurate. :lol:

lol, and its not a stupid plug in..

but when things make me mad, everything is stupid =).

³Again, the use of the word "stupid" here is rhetorical, indicating my level of frustration and not attempting to establish the official Microsoft position on the intelligence of the balloon or the people responsible for it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archi ... 86198.aspx

lol, and its not a stupid plug in..

but when things make me mad, everything is stupid =).

³Again, the use of the word "stupid" here is rhetorical, indicating my level of frustration and not attempting to establish the official Microsoft position on the intelligence of the balloon or the people responsible for it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archi ... 86198.aspx

Actually I'd say that one of the most annoying messages that windows XP has is when your wireless internet connection has just been repaired, well, all of it bar the DNS cache being cleared. What it tells you to do there is contact your network administrator. This would be ok if the network adminstrator wasn't ME. After a fruitless (& very long search) through windows XP's help & support I found nothing & not being able to get on the internet meant that I couldn't google it.

Fortunately that is in the past now & I now know what a DNS cache is & how to flush it :? could have done without the useless error message though.

pyro...brilliant yet lazy doesn't do anyone any good (watch "Good Will Hunting" :))...

Actually, Will wasn't lazy at all, he was "brilliant yet scared".

...and make that three of us who had crappy grades and great test scores. You might end up a jack-of-all-trades consultant who dabbles in graphic design, too :)

For what it's worth...

I graduated high school with a ~1.5 GPA (but, I did graduate).

I graduated college with a 3.436 GPA for my Bachelors of Computer Science. (If I'd known I was so close to honors--3.5, I would have retaken one of my classes for a higher grade.) Oh, and my GPA for computer classes was 4.0. 8)

For me, it was more a matter of getting into classes that I found interesting.

Freshmen! (this is not inteded to insult freshmen presten here but the ones at my school)

They stop in doorways, stop in the hall, cannot open their lockers (though mine was locked my freshmen year for the first three days), and think the rule the universe. As a jounior I only wonder if this is how I was (and cringe to think that is the truth). Though they can be funny, the ones in my neighborhood almost missed the buss this morning and one of them acctually fell down while running to the buss!

Yea, I agree with you. Im a sopomore, and dont remember doing any of the stuff they are doing this year. Huge groups of freshman just stand in the middle of the halls. I was late to one of my classes today because this huge jam they caused. Luckily, the school has freshman in their own lunch, and they dont have an off period.

You know, its a bit mean to criticize others when their new to High School.... I just started high school this year, am I so terrible?

Yes, yes you are.

Nah, im just messing with you.

But really, some freshman arnt bad, but I would think that it is common sence to not just stop in the middle of the hallway when theres a hundered or so people behind you, and no way to get around you.

In stores its not as bad. In stores, you dont have a couple minutes to get from one side of a building to another, and if you're late, then you've got to go to detention for 15 minutes to make that up.

no detention but 3 tradies = an absence. 6 unexcused abseces = fail class

There seems to be a group of people in my school who park themselves in the middle of the most used t intersection in the school. it's crowd dodging to get to my locker :(