Rants *enter at own risk*

I'm going to do that FF3 RC1, it lags my computer a lot more than FF3 B5...
My RC1 also appears to be consuming more resources than that of B5, and I have been frequenting the same same Web pages in more or less the same amount of tabs, etc. between the two versions, hence why I can tell. -ish. I can tell-ish.

It's not much more, but it's hung twice thus far in the few weeks of using it - far more than when I was using B5. And typing seems to lag more, too. I type and occasionally it takes some time for it to catch-up.

----

CMD's straw-clutching: the canvas architecture has changed from 0.45. Now, for instance, redrawing of the canvas for each modification - node adjustment, et al - radiates out from the cursor's position, as opposed to the straight top-down approach of 0.45 that was regardless of cursor location. I can't see how this would effect you adversely, but I thought I'd mention it with your assumption, CMD, and, more to the point, your canvas-exclusive issue, Yata.

The above could be nothing or something, but like CMD, I'm merely guessing. Actually, by the looks of your screenshot, you haven't even begun work, so it can't be the above. Waste of a post, then.

Months ago I used to never restart it. But I've already saw the error of my ways and turn it off every night at around 12:00 and me or someone else turns it back on at about 8:00-10:00, so that's not the problem or I would definitely suspect that. But with only having 512MB of RAM, it makes me wonder if that's enough for inkscape. But in that case why does only the canvas freeze and not the program?

You mean for example, you draw and it does nothing? I constantly have that problem when I used my tablet.

More like this: http://i25.tinypic.com/70kocx.png

I see. So I'm the only one witht his stupid problem? Dung.

It appears I've found the cause: https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/221320

Completely fixed. Wow, I would have not even thought of that if it hadn't been for a user responding to my launchpad question.

Ah, I get it. They added a few new tools in .46, which would have added to the height of the toolbar, pushing it higher than an 800x600 screen - that's why it wasn't happening in .45.

Thanks for the link, though. I'd never really played around in the Inkscape menu, but the size of the icons always bothered me. Now, I've made them smaller too! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

vista?'s rant:

vista? is really annoyed at the fact that he can not download from dA. When they start, 20 seconds later, they just get interrupted (stop). vista? is wondering why this is happening, he can verify that it this is a problem on dA only for him (or is it?). :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

vista? is considering whether this a secret plot to make guests on dA join as registered members or even subscription fee paid members. :wink:

[imgflt=Left]http://yupze.com/msn/images/stories/avatars/s9/EMOTICON%20ANGRY.gif[/imgflt] I hate Windows Automatic Update! Usually it wont force restart, but for some reason last night it just went ahead and decided to restart my computer. I lost tons of work on Paint.NET! Gah! I had just finished a core element of my MSC Entry and was so tired I fell asleep right here and forgot to save. Now I have to go work on it all over again! I also lost some Artweaver sketches, but those weren't nearly as important, and besides: I think Artweaver has a lost work feature on it so I should be able to recover that. :cry:

signature.png

Perhaps that would be a great number 11...

Number 11: Turn Automatic Updates OFF!

One thing I personally can not stand is having to deal with automatic updates from Windows, and that is for a few reasons but without getting on an Anti Windows rant, let me give you the number one reason to turn them off: with automatic updates come automatc restarts. So, on those long nights of tedious work always remember to keep the automatic updates off, and like the other habits constantly remind you, save often.

:D

signature.png

Usually it wont force restart, but for some reason last night it just went ahead and decided to restart my computer.
Not to belittle your plight, rather to give reason to it, Automatic Updates restarts your computer after a certain period of elapsed time, I think ten minutes (but don't quote me on that). You falling asleep probably had you miss the opt-out dialog to not restart.

With that said, I'm very idle and prefer to have Windows update for me with having little interference from myself, so something I've said is bound to be slightly off.

Anyway, heed Ash's words, save before sleep!

Next rant of the morning, Okami. It is an incredible game and was recreated for the Wii. However, after close examination of the cover art (because of the cover arts amazing artwork) I noticed that there was an IGN watermark :o After research, apparently I am not the only one who noticed that they stole fan art from IGN :)

signature.png

RANT: GGaHT's second solo. On Hard for Guitar and Medium for Drums.

I can not do a RY YO (Orange being the bass pedal) for about 3 minutes. The worse thing aswell is that it's quite fast, meaning half the time I start to double hit just to try and keep up with it.

Rant: I hate the process of Alpha Masking, not the result, mind you, the process.

Working with things with feathers and hair is the absolute worst, and I'm cutting out a bird. I'm done outlining it.. Now I'm just brushing it in.. which, because of AA, is completely, horribly tedious. About 1/4 done doing that.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I hate Windows Automatic Update! Usually it wont force restart, but for some reason last night it just went ahead and decided to restart my computer. I lost tons of work on Paint.NET! Gah! I had just finished a core element of my MSC Entry and was so tired I fell asleep right here and forgot to save. Now I have to go work on it all over again! I also lost some Artweaver sketches, but those weren't nearly as important, and besides: I think Artweaver has a lost work feature on it so I should be able to recover that. :cry:

The dialog to blame:

plzrestartdu1.png

KaHuc.png

Rant: I hate the process of Alpha Masking, not the result, mind you, the process.

Working with things with feathers and hair is the absolute worst, and I'm cutting out a bird. I'm done outlining it.. Now I'm just brushing it in.. which, because of AA, is completely, horribly tedious. About 1/4 done doing that.

Try setting your tolerance to %69 and using the magic wand to select the inside of the outline, if it selects outside the line just zoom in and follow the line with the pencil tool filling in any gaps. Then one your able to select the inside only fill it and your done with your mask. I know filling the in gaps can be a little tedious but maybe not as bad as brushing it in ;)

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^