Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant: The price of tickets for a round trip to Dublin from Akron Ohio's general area. Almost all of them are 1k+ USD. That's insane, I'll never get to visit my homeland ever in my life at that price. You figure I'd like to have at least one other person with me. That's 2K, then you need money to rent a car which can be pricey, then you need money to go to an inn (I hear they're cheap, though.), and money to go places and splurge and buy things. Way out of my league.

Flights from NY are ~400USD. I didn't consider Ohio that much further away.. :roll:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

@ Yata, not to rain on your bonfire, but you'd need to be 17 at least to drive in Ireland, it's 17 here & I think it's the same in Ireland.

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

Thats exactly my rant: Parents... Stupid ...

Sick and tired of them, i feel so misunderstood.

QFT

My Rant: Bugs in my forum

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

My rant: I've lost my Wordpress site API Key! :twisted: :oops:

Is this an API to retrieve blog posts from Wordpress.com?

The API that you'd use to enable features such as Akismet and all the other stuff there is.

When was the last time you restarted your computer?

That happened to me once before, but because I had started using an already open instance of the program that had been sitting idle for about 2.5 hours. I shut the program down, waited a while for my PC to clear up the RAM a bit, opened a new instance, and it was fine. So, I guess, maybe it's a RAM problem that could be fixed with a restart, or maybe it's something I've never encountered before.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Months ago I used to never restart it. But I've already saw the error of my ways and turn it off every night at around 12:00 and me or someone else turns it back on at about 8:00-10:00, so that's not the problem or I would definitely suspect that. But with only having 512MB of RAM, it makes me wonder if that's enough for inkscape. But in that case why does only the canvas freeze and not the program?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

But in that case why does only the canvas freeze and not the program?

That much I'm really not sure about. It could be that that's because the canvas has to go through all of its mathematic vector drawing, coloring area fills, and then export the data to the screen to be updated. The program window itself is fairly straightforward compared to that, I'd imagine. But I'm just grasping at straws and throwing out techno-babble, so there's no telling whether or not I'm right.

Still, though, if it didn't happen in .45, that's not really a good explanation for why it just started with .46...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

But in that case why does only the canvas freeze and not the program?

That much I'm really not sure about. It could be that that's because the canvas has to go through all of its mathematic vector drawing, coloring area fills, and then export the data to the screen to be updated. The program window itself is fairly straightforward compared to that, I'd imagine. But I'm just grasping at straws and throwing out techno-babble, so there's no telling whether or not I'm right.

Still, though, if it didn't happen in .45, that's not really a good explanation for why it just started with .46...

Downgrade?

I'm going to do that FF3 RC1, it lags my computer a lot more than FF3 B5, and it also encounters some real weird glitches.

Problem is I can't find an inkscape 0.45 download, and I don't trust P2P stuffs like torrents and the like. I posted on the inkscape forum, but I don't know how far I'm going to get with that due to the forum's rules being confusing. They say it's not a support forum but all's that's in it is support threads.

Yata is confuzzled today. And a wee bit delusional.

Months ago I used to never restart it. But I've already saw the error of my ways and turn it off every night at around 12:00 and me or someone else turns it back on at about 8:00-10:00, so that's not the problem or I would definitely suspect that. But with only having 512MB of RAM, it makes me wonder if that's enough for inkscape. But in that case why does only the canvas freeze and not the program?

You mean for example, you draw and your mouse just appears in a different place without drawing? I constantly have that problem when I use my tablet with Inkscape.

You mean for example, you draw and it does nothing? I constantly have that problem when I used my tablet.

More like this: http://i25.tinypic.com/70kocx.png