Rants *enter at own risk*

Rant:

The BBC appear to have neglected the uploading of the latest episode of Doctor Who.

I was anticipating to miss this week's original run because of a meet with an old friend, so I thought 'bung a tape and record it'. But no, the best laid plans of mice and men... Because of my own stupidity I seem unable to tell the difference betwixt 18:00 and 19:00, therefore setting my recorder incorrectly for the starting time.

'Whey, that's no problem', I thought to myself again, 'iPlayer shall be my salvation from this misfortune'. But oh no, the BBC have other plans, deciding to list the viewing of the episode on the website yet not delivering in practice.

How can you have the episode unavailable for a whole evening?! Do you not realise morons are out there who are incapable of setting their VHS recorders correctly? And no, I wouldn't care to try out another video as an alternative, not when it's last week's episode. Don't you think I've already worn out my tape watching that episode over and over already?

There are sad people pining for this, deliver!

The same misfortune has impaled itself in the joy of my twice-fortnightly sci-fi hit. I missed it because of this petty niggle called a meal - I can't think why people would want to eat when there's Doctor Who(m?) on?

.:FAKEEDITBECAUSEIWANTTOCHANGEMYTRAINOFTHOUGHTINASENTENCE(SORRYFORTHECAPSLOCKANDLACKOFSPACESYATA):. *gasps*

Should it be Doctor Who, or Doctor Whom, because the relative pronoun is here referring to the Doctor as an entity, not the actions of the Doctor? Though I suppose the pronoun is indirect, and it is the Beeb who run this outfit, and they have to dumb down to better suit a mass audience...

And to think, I go to a grammar school, which isn't really a grammar school, because it used to be a grammar school, but it isn't a grammar school any more, because no longer is it a grammar school... It's a comprehensive now... Lousy Blair! Still, it's kept the name and the grades, so there is an upside.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Alright, you want a rant? You've just opened the Gates of Hell then with me my friend. :twisted:

RANT TIME!!!

1106.gif

People who undermine the role of artists in video games just royally piss me off. I shal say that outright. It's not enough that we work out hands to the bone and our minds raw for something, only to have some fat slob who doesn't know two [cents] about 3d OR 2d art say "Why wasn't this done sooner?" or "Re-do this." No, we just sit there and take it up the < no swearing > from you and your ilk while you watch your profits and PR rating skyrocket!!!

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, IF YOU'RE SO [...] PICKY, THEN YOU DO THE [...] WORK YOUR OWN DAMN SELF!!! BECAUSE UNTIL YOU PUT YEARS, EVEN DECADES OF YOUR LIFE ASIDE FOR AN ART FORM, YOU HAVE NO REASON OR RIGHT TO BE SO DAMN [...] CRITICAL!!! LAZY IGNORANT [...] :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

How about this, next animation I compile for the game will be of you being [...] probed by a troop of baboons with [a life threatening disease]!!!

[...]

I do apoligize. I'll curve it from now on. At least it all came out here eh? :wink:
As much as that is admirable, Yata is quite correct, this is family-friendly forum, and whilst in this topic only the very occasional and mild expletive is overlooked, using such censoring emoticons to that extreme is a little unnecessary.

The English language is vast and can accommodate other routes to venting the same meaning. I think curbing your language would be best next time, just to be on the safe side. Now, I'm not preventing you from ranting, that's the point of this topic, but please, have some consideration.

Many thanks :).

Rant: paintdotnet.com, paintdotnet.org, paintdotnet.net have all been registered by various people and assigned to websites that exist purely to serve ads to misguided visitors. :evil:

Actually the .org one is mine, it's just still parked by Godaddy. I'm not really using it, although maybe I should set up the redirect at least ...

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Rant: Some has hacked my Steamaccount two weeks ago or such. Now after many email correspondence between me and Valve and after I've send two images of my CD-Key I had to deliver them my CD Case with the CD Key by post... Finally, I have my Account back, but all my friends in my friendslist are deleted and replaced by some weird other guys (I guess they are the friends of this ). Now I have absolutely no idea how to get back my 124 friends of this list. I reached about 60 via <spam> but the rest is gone :(

Okay, so almost two weeks ago, my PC's power supply fan decided to stop working for the night. The next morning (Sunday), I wake up, welcomed by the aroma of burning plastic. "¿Por que?", I ask myself. I walk out of my room to find my computer on fire. "¡Fuego fuego!", I say as I yank the side of the case off of the computer, witnessing my motherboard being eaten alive and my power supply case warping under the heat. It didn't take long to take the fire out, but that completely ruined my day. The entire apartment smelled horrible, something reminiscent of animal dissections in high school (difference is, you had to live with it). There was ash everywhere [Ash is good, ash is bad]; all over my arm, all around my desk, and in my air. My air! So on Tuesday, I find some time to investigate further to find that the hard drive remained undamaged, while the only burnt parts are the power supply and motherboard. It wasn't until two days ago that I took my old eMachines out and ripped the motherboard, case, and power supply of it (no, the motherboard and power supply where not in the case :)) and fuse it with my TV Tuner, CD/DVD drive, low power USB ports, and Hard Drive. Unfortunately, the power supply of the 3 year old eMachines didn't have a SATA drive plug, so I had to buy a converter myself.

Once on, the stress doubled. When I logged onto XP, a dialog box popped up and said something to the effect that there were so many driver changes that Windows needs to be reactivated to prevent piracy. Problem is, I don't have my XP key anymore. Oh, and Microsoft Office is doing the same thing.

Other than that, the software is okay. Hardware.... that's a different story. This motherboard, despite being faster than my deceased motherboard on paper, is in fact 3 times slower! For example, when I scroll up or down one notch, it takes about 2 seconds for the scroll request to register, and the motion itself isn't that pretty (the only way I can describe it is interlaced). Oh, and because of the motherboard changes, my hardware is now incompatible with XP, and I'm going to have to get about 10 new drivers for the computer.

And to top it all off, my screen resolution is now stuck in 1024x768px. I can set it to 1280x1024, but it messes up the entire screen, giving off almost un-noticeable (yet so visible) flickers, like a florescent bulb (and just like when I scroll, the image is interlaced).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Rant: Age of Conan! I have better than the recommended specs, yet I get no visuals and very choppy sound. Worst of all is that i bought it from Target so I have to get directly reimbursed from Eidos themselves!

Reinstall?

Yes, that appeared as the obvious answer. I just finished reinstalling and am working through all of the updates as we speak. God pray that this game works...

signature.png