Rants *enter at own risk*

:x

:cry: :evil: :oops: :( :shock:

I crashed . Chances of getting everything back to the way it was ten minutes ago will not happen.

Yes, I was wondering what happened with . I just tried to visit it.

What are you going on about?

Your being quite secretive lately, aren't you? :wink:

RANT: People who post things in super small print. I get the point you want to make it sound like something your saying in a low voice or under your breath as a statement. There no shouting and just like that rule I wish there was one for super small text. If your going to type it you may as well use normal font instead of making me copy and past it just to find out what your saying :roll:.

Well that feels better.

RANT: I have found the cause of all my Steam problems. It's Norton, but the real rant is:

"HOW DO YOU DISABLE IT!!!!"

Norton is so un-user-friendly it won't let you disable it, it uses tons of memory usage and RAM, and it uses a visual style which really dosen't go well with mine?

Yellow with black does not go well.

The only cure for Norton is to uninstall it. Did you know that commercial anti-virus programs slow hard drive speeds by around 2400%, and CPU times by around 20%? Some free ones, though they still have the issue, are orders of magnitude less intrusive. Avast slows hard drive access by only around 15%, and AVG has almost no processor penalty, if I remember right.

Look at the list on this page:

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000803.html

EDIT: The figures were a bit off... and I added a reference.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

The only cure for Norton is to uninstall it. Did you know that commercial anti-virus programs slow hard drive speeds by around 1600%, and CPU times by around 200%? Some free ones, though they still have the issue, are orders of magnitude less intrusive. Avast slows hard drive access by only around 50%, and AVG has no processor penalty, if I remember right.

My parents unfortunately have a case of "everything-is-a-virus" syndrome. But when Norton finally runs out (like it thought it did yesterday), I'll definetely tell my parents about them.

I use AVG, and I love it. It does a full system scan every day in the background, and I hardly notice it's running. There are times where I can notice a mild performance hit, but it's usually when I'm also running Firefox with 7 tabs open and The GIMP with three images open and Inkscape and Thunderbird and iTunes and SeaMonkey, plus now with the addition of Google Desktop... After all, I only have 1 Gig of RAM. ;)

I really like AVG, and I'd recommend it to you as an alternative. The home edition of the virus scanner is free, but note that it doesn't come with a firewall or other such things that Norton does have in the package. The AVG suite does have these tools available, but it does have a price tag. It's nothing outrageous, though, or at least it wasn't when last I checked.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype