Jump to content

Rants *enter at own risk*


Recommended Posts

Minor Rant: My right shift key keeps getting stuck at random times. It makes typing certain things a bit of a pain. Whenever it happens, I always think that I accidentally pressed "Caps Lock", which I then press to make it be normal again, but then I always find that it was just my shift key getting stuck, so I have to press "Caps Lock" again, in order to undo it. It makes me have to type certain things about 3 times.

-Munzapopppa, who's shift key didn't get stuck once during this post :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...those sigs are so overdone that there really isnt anything new about them...
Quoted for truth. Where's the originality gone? Where's the spark of creativity? Where's the flare for art gone?

Gone to wind I tell ye! To the wind!

It's went to people using stock images and not thinking about them.

Sure, you can make a sig of a baseball player with swirls around it, but does it look like it makes sense? No.

Also, Champev's sigs have nothing in common with yours, so as usual, I'd respond with a "get your facts right next time, buddy" approach.

I pretty much did. I told him the truth that I do not like his sigs, and that I would never even think of copying anything from em. I told him I really didn't care if I made him mad, because they aren't even close to "his design". :?

I think I pissed him off...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rant: I have just realised that when I go back to school, even though swimming lessons are over, everyone will still be singing that stupid song again. All it is is "Diddy diddy shower," repeated three times, then "Uh-oh it's soap!". Over and over again. :evil:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gah, that was strange. I downloaded the GIMP and installed it, but on attempting to run it, the initializing process would freeze as it tryed to load the fonts. So I decided to make a copy of the Windows font file, then delete all of the non-system fonts from it to see if that solved the problem. Big mistake. It did, but the copied fonts were very bizarre (messed up, I believe). Rather nervously, I tried to re-install all of the copied fonts (just to go back to normal). It didn't install all of them. :?

So, yeah. Luckily, Vista updated only earlier today. So I restored the system to then, and all is back to normal. (I hope.) :shock:

(Yes, I moved this to the Rants thread. I thought it more fitting.)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

 

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gah, that was strange. I downloaded the GIMP and installed it, but on attempting to run it, the initializing process would freeze as it tryed to load the fonts. So I decided to make a copy of the Windows font file, then delete all of the non-system fonts from it to see if that solved the problem. Big mistake. It did, but the copied fonts were very bizarre (messed up, I believe). Rather nervously, I tried to re-install all of the copied fonts (just to go back to normal). It didn't install all of them. :?

So, yeah. Luckily, Vista updated only earlier today. So I restored the system to then, and all is back to normal. (I hope.) :shock:

(Yes, I moved this to the Rants thread. I thought it more fitting.)

TheGIMP hates custom fonts. Seriously, there'll be a 1% chance of a font being corrupted, the other 99% is just GIMP being awkard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rant: I have just realised that when I go back to school, even though swimming lessons are over, everyone will still be singing that stupid song again. All it is is "Diddy diddy shower," repeated three times, then "Uh-oh it's soap!". Over and over again. :evil:

What kind of school do you go to?!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rant: The sudden influx of new members quite recently. Not that it's a bad thing or anything. It also seems to all occur in the RTSOPAY thread on my watch. The thread has also become a bit of a warground sometimes (Either that or I'm just tired)...

Rant: Tired. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheGIMP hates custom fonts. Seriously, there'll be a 1% chance of a font being corrupted, the other 99% is just GIMP being awkard.

fontcount.png

I've never had a problem, either with The GIMP or Paint.NET, and I download a lot of third-party fonts. So, from the breadth of my experience, your percentages are exaggerated. :P

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TheGIMP hates custom fonts. Seriously, there'll be a 1% chance of a font being corrupted, the other 99% is just GIMP being awkard.

fontcount.png

I've never had a problem, either with The GIMP or Paint.NET, and I download a lot of third-party fonts. So, from the breadth of my experience, your percentages are exaggerated. :P

I'm talking about if the GIMP decides to crash when loading fonts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RANT: Youtube's new layout for everything.

Well, for starters, my decent looking homepage has been transformed into something terrible, only because YouTube like taking your option to completely have your channel as you like it and take it away, meaning your layout boxes headers are unchangebul, in background, font, colour, size, and link colour, meaning my page now sucks. This shows what I hate the most about it: http://i30.tinypic.com/4h83v8.png

As for videos, they're now completely tabbed, and now just look way too cluttered.

To put it short, I'm not using YouTube anymore until it looks half decent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rant:

Stupid people.

What do I mean by that? Read on.

I made two extremely extensive posts in the support forum for a java web-client, to find that in the morning one of the mod's proclaimed all of the threads "not client related" and deleted them all. That WAS client related. It was an error when the client was loading. That is just rude as you get.

So I made another thread this morning, again, fairly extensive, (although not as much as the previous two) and this guy responds:

Well it doesn't do that to me.

Oh. My. Fluffy. :|!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To put it short, I'm not using YouTube anymore until it looks half decent.

Good luck.

 

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...