Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

@ madhatterl7

Where did you get the walking men?

And just to be on topic...

I have a cold, and my schedule is very busy. :evil:

Target of my rant:

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewt ... 7556#77556

Am I the only person who is offended that the word "pimp" is being used casually to mean something good or fancy?

To me, the word "pimp" conjures up images of brutality toward women, exploitation, prostitution, drug addiction, and disease. Hardly something to strive for. :roll:

It's just the way younger people talk now a days.

Pimp my ride....etc etc...

But you are right...that image does pop up..

Being 22, I never come up with that reference, myself. I understand the original connotation of "pimp," but my first mental image is not of that sort of negative thing.

Oh, I'm like BB and Ash, negative and disturbing images pop up there when I hear pimp...and see it...and write it (yes, I've had to once for a project *shudder*).

Another rant for today:

(For those of you with ad blockers, you can just skip this one.)

I'm really getting tired of the "Calculate the name of your perfect lover" banner ads at the top of each page of this forum.

I think I'll click on them whenever I see them so that the company will lose a lot of money. :P

They cause the page to never finish loading.

EDIT: I clicked on it and they wanted me to enter lots of personal information, like my cell phone number, etc. RIGHT! That's never gonna happen... :roll:

I KNOW. I have adblocker at home, but when I'm online at work...erm...well, I mean, NO! I'm never online at work... ;-)

I wish Rick Brewster would be kind enough to host the forum on his server.

That way he can install and customize the forum any way he wants...

Also, with him being the creator of Paint.net, we might even be able to display PDN files in the forum!

Also, with him being the creator of Paint.net, we might even be able to display PDN files in the forum!

Shazam! you get your wish, but it turns out PDN files take forever to display when downloaded to a browser, and they crash Firefox!

:oops: heh...whoops...wrong thread...sorry...

My Rant...Email Spam!...need I say more?

That would be sweet. But does he have the money and bandwidth? I doubt it, unfortunately.

Just hosting it on his server would not mean online PDN display. Rick would have to write a conversion middle-program so the browser could display it, like how IE6 used Quicktime to display TIFs. Right now, there is no browser that knows how to decode a PDN and display a flattened image.

My Rant...Email Spam!...need I say more?

Gmail has some great spam blocker. I get maybe one or two every two weeks.

To me, the word "pimp" conjures up images of brutality toward women, exploitation, prostitution, drug addiction, and disease. Hardly something to strive for. :roll:

And yes, I agree with you, BB. I also have a rant about how much I detest the use of the words "hot" and "sexy" when describing women of beauty, but that rant will come at a later date..