Rainshadow

Rants *enter at own risk*

Writing parsers is extremely difficult.

I wasted several hours with ANTLR trying to create a grammar for Photoshop's EnableInfo resource.

After compiling the grammar it fails to parse my example text correctly.

I was hoping that I could create a proper parser to replace my current string scanning code, but it does not appear that will be happening any time soon.

I don't know why but I frequently wonder that I am too much vocal here or my language sounds rude.

My 200th post (after being here for about 5 years.)

K1UJg4c.png

The following .gif expresses how I feel about having to re-link my images in this forum, the Inkscape forum and Wordpress  (and, again, because of issues with the image hosting site):

giphy.gif

And, since this a dire situation...I'll be pressing the following button. ?

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Beta0, welcome back! And Rowan Atkinson is always a good answer (unless the answer requires a quote from Ghostbusters). You're handling the host-hopping better than I have.

• Upvote 1

Welcome back, also @Beta0 .   Yes, it's a real chore rehosting all your images.  Took me quite awhile.

I see you're from Puerto Rico...that certainly explains why you've been gone from the forum.  Hope everything is alright down there.  :)

• Upvote 1

Oh, @LionsDragon. He sure is. ? Wait...why Ghostbusters quotes are the exception? ?

Well, I just have to find another site to upload my images. And find the posts I published some other images in tutorial threads (if they're not locked) and, this time, in the questions and discussions threads...again. ?

Tell me about it, @lynxster4. ? And, now, with the other ones I've posted... It will take some time. Just not in a single day. I'm on other sites (like Talenthouse and Ello.co), plus I have to help with chores and taking care of my grandparents. Yep...

Yep. First, Irma. Then, María. The latter hit us pretty hard. ? We (my family and I) had to wash clothes by hand. Good thing someone decided to add something like this in the laundry room at the apartment. ? I had to get out more (something I barely did before) to do some errands, like buying necessary stuff, charging electronical devices in places where there's electricity and keeping the house clean. I even had to learn to cook! ? Plus, we got a little fellow, a cat, a few days after the hurricane. ☺ Now, the electricity's been established where I live. And, also, I feel like a new person. ? I feel more cheery than before. ?

Edited by Beta0

1 hour ago, Beta0 said:

And, also, I feel like a new person. ? I feel more cheery than before. ?

Sometimes very good things happen as a result of tragic circumstances...it makes us stronger!   :)

• Upvote 1

@Beta0, Ghostbusters quotes are the exception because it's my favorite movie. ;)

I'm glad you made it through all right, and congrats on learning to cook! (Hit me up if you need recipes.) Thank goodness you have electricity back, and yay for the new kitty! Glad you're feeling better too; it sounds like you're going to come out stronger than the hurricanes. :)

• Upvote 1

That's true, @lynxster4. And they change us, whether is for good or bad. I heard that, now, people actually acknowledge others after Maria. I've seen people helping one another. And that is awesome. ?

Okay, @LionsDragon. Got it. No messing around with Ghostbusters. ?

Thanks a lot. ? It's not just me. This atmospheric event changed almost everyone. It feels good. ☺ (Oh, yes. I would gladly ask about those recipes. I always cook with instructions...and do some wacky stuff with what I find in the kitchen. ?)

Edited by Beta0
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

it's so difficult to face problems in life. Why don't they give problems like x + y = 10, x - y = 6, in real life.

Edited by Pratyush
  • Like 2

@Pratyush Math problems can be easy to solve. Life's problems...not so much. Nonetheless, they both have solutions. And that's good. I hope you can get through whatever thing you're going through. :]

• Like 2

Earlier this month I hurt my back mopping the floor. I'm 22.

Another thing, I'm on my last week of my internship period, they are not really giving me any new tasks so all I do is sit and do nothing! Boredom!

Edited by PotatoFish
Another rant

Yesterday, my "check engine" light came on so I took my car to the shop.

For the record, I have a 2006 Toyota Highlander (Hybrid) with 498,000 miles on it.

They said that I need to replace my fuel injectors...

...total cost $2300! :(

It appears that Git GPG signing does not work if your GitHub username starts with a number.

Or it could be that I did not configure the GPG key correctly, the GitHub documentation does not clearly state what username it requires or how to configure the email address when you are using GitHub's noreply address.

When your wife and friends have a dye your hair red party for a hen weekend.

"Have we got any paint left for the bathroom ? " 

Paint ? ?? What about the shower curtain, window blind and tile grout

The only thing missing is police tape because it certainly looks like a crime scene to me

Hair dye and alcohol do not mix

• Like 1

Heya! Some humor that's long overdue! Lol

17632121_1486586761394009_2132302273971902302_o.jpg

Edited by RFX
Needed an "L" in lol, because it was gett_low...
  • Like 1