Move Selected Pixels tool doesn't work for small selections

C5r1a5z0y

If your selection is smaller than 14px in either direction, you cannot move the selected pixels. Instead you can only resize the pixels.

This seems to be caused by the resize zone extending 7px from the top and left of the selection and 6px from the bottom and right of the selection. When the selection is smaller than 14px in either direction, the 1 moveable pixel zone in the middle disappears and you can't move the selection.

The resize zone should instead behave more like mspaint (*gasp*), where you have to be on the border to resize the selected pixels.

You can left-click anywhere on the canvas with the Move Selected Pixels tool to move the active selection. Rick is aware of the improper hot-zone scaling with regard to zooming.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

You can left-click anywhere on the canvas with the Move Selected Pixels tool to move the active selection. Rick is aware of the improper hot-zone scaling with regard to zooming.

I didn't know that! C5r1a5z0y, don't listen to anything I say, as Crazy Man Dan is obviously far smarter than me. :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Yeah this is a known issue, sorry. It won't be fixed until the low-level stuff is upgraded to better support sub-pixel coordinate values for input values. (4.00? no promises, sorry)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg