Open file dialog box, is it possible to disable thumbnails?

f

I just want to see the file names, I can only see 4 pictures if I keep it on the default thumbnail view while I am able to see 45 with the list view. It'd be great if it viewed them the same way windows does, so people who like thumbnails can have it enabled and those who don't can have it disabled.

On an unrelated note, is it possible to not have the quality dialog pop up when saving in lossy formats (such as JPG)? There's no preferences dialog, so I'm not sure how it'd be implemented but it gets a tad annoying when you're creating many images.

I've said the same things you just brought up before, but as far as the dialog, I don't think so.

The view for folders is default thumbnail by Windows. It sees a folder is filled with pictures so it makes it that view.

There's a button on top that allows you to change the view.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I've said the same things you just brought up before, but as far as the dialog, I don't think so.

The view for folders is default thumbnail by Windows. It sees a folder is filled with pictures so it makes it that view.

There's a button on top that allows you to change the view.

I have Classic view enabled and when I go to that folder in windows or any other program, it displays them in a list format. It's definitely PDN, not Windows doing it.

No, actually, I don't think it's PDN.

PDN uses the normal save dialog box that (I guess for a better word) comes with Windows.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

No, actually, I don't think it's PDN.

PDN uses the normal save dialog box that (I guess for a better word) comes with Windows.

My folder view is what it should be getting the preference from, not whatever it decides is best. That was the point of my suggestion.
Go into My Documents > Tools > Folder Options... > View tab > look at the the top box with the options of 'Apply to all folders' and 'Reset all folders' or look at the sixth from the bottom of the checkbox list.

This sorted it for me.

It's fine in Windows, MS Paint, Photoshop and Imageready. PDN is the only one that defaults to a thumbnail view even though none of my preferences state that.

There is nothing more than I can suggest unfortunately only that you change the view each time you open the 'open' dialogue, yes it will be a hassle but there's nothing else you can do.

Sorry.

^^Like I said...
Nothing to feel sorry about, I figured it wasn't possible but since the forum is for suggestions I hoped it would at least be considered. I don't get why no other application but PDN does this. I'd think it'd be a simple task to save what folder view you last used in the registry and then read it when opening up the open file dialog. Unless you're naming your images badly there's really no reason to have thumbnails enabled anyway.

Another suggestion is a trim feature. Just to trim the canvas of any transparent pixels, instead of having to do it manually.