How can I make this picture more clear using paint.net?

Well, Curves adjustment usually works well for stretching the image contrast, but the problem is that you took the picture with your cell. The image quality is quite low, so stretching the contrast drastically brings out the seams:

example.png

I'm really not sure if there's a way to save this one...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

this is the best i could do with it to make it as clear and light as possible, like he said man, the quality is just pretty poor.

2345.png

what i did is i took this pic and put it on the background layer, then i duplicated the layer 2 times so you have 3 layers. then on one of the duped layers i set the blend to lighten and the other i set the blend to addictive, then after that i merged all the layers and added the film effect plugin that you can find in the plugin section of these forums.

ext-4.jpg

I tried duplicating the layer and performing a Surface Blur on the duplicate, then setting the blend mode to Overlay and dropping the opacity. This works somewhat, but the faces are still blocky and fuzzy.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype