A Debate for the Ages- Firefox vs Opera vs IE and more!

I don't have to in Firefox either. :P

And I'm secure online. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, to be fair, IE7 is a huge improvement over 6, which is why I recommend upgrading if your OS can take it. My big complaint is it only works with XP and Vista. Firefox 2 works all the way back to Windows 98.

This means that, as long as there are Windows 2000 users, web developers will have to support IE6's broken CSS support. At least 6 was better than 5... >_>

Edit:

Added a line of hyphens to keep two words as far apart as possible.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Some of the changes in Gecko 1.9 Alpha 1 will affect the web and platform compatibility of Gran Paradiso Alpha 1:

* Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME are no longer supported platforms

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox ... easenotes/

This operating system will explode in 5, 4, 3, 2, ...

And please, don't use the word 'Windows 98' and 'secure' in the same post.

Please :D

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Secure was talking about something completely different!

Would you like me to put a line of hyphens in between the two to keep them as separate as possible? :P

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, not quite. PDN I can understand since there's only one developer. I assume the IE guys are getting paid for their troubles.

~ Becoming the Archetype

What is irritating is that there are *still* IE only websites around. FF has grabbed a significant portion of the browser market so I would expect that would garner some respect from web developers. Are IE only sites really that much easier to code for?

Note: This is very irritating when in Linux and you have to reboot to buy something for your kids from Toys 'R Us.

SamusSig.jpg
Toys 'R Us can be accessed from FF just as easy...

Hmm. We can access it just fine. But none of the pictures of the products show up for us (I think there is another anomaly, but I'd have to talk to my wife). You can conduct your transactions fine, just make sure you know what you're buying.

With all this said, YMMV. I'm also one of the unlucky ones who the memory leak affects -- if you listen on some other sites, the memory leak doesn't exist or is a "feature" (feature == linux/OSS boards, usually).

I still use FF as my default browser. For all of the *few* problems I have with it, I feel better using it on Windows than I do IE.

SamusSig.jpg

YOu can download an IE tab for firefox that allows you to look at IE only sites. I have it & i works fine :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D