Sign in to follow this  
usedHONDA

A Debate for the Ages- Firefox vs Opera vs IE and more!

I've just installed and tested Opera and can not give any opions as of yet. For some reason, I searched "Pant.NET" in the search bar and didn't load anything. I'll get back to you in a minute.

EDIT: Never mind. It loaded and uses an absurdly large default font size. Now I know why you don't like the FF size-- Opera is big and you seem to have gotten used to it!

What are you talking about?

Erm, I can't determinatively say that Opera is faster because it isn't loading at all! As for the eyecandy, I like it. The glowing and highlighting effects are decent. But to keep my FF side clean, any FF theme programmer can do that with animated gifs and simple javascript.

Oh, and the smooth scrolling isn't as smooth as FF.

lol enjoying your newly downloaded firefox too much eh. :D you are right opera 9.21 is way too old, compared to firefox!

Aaaak! You're posting so fast! Aghhhhhhhhh! Cya, my brain needs to rest before it explodes!

Erm, I can't determinatively say that Opera is faster because it isn't loading at all! As for the eyecandy, I like it. The glowing and highlighting effects are decent. But to keep my FF side clean, any FF theme programmer can do that with animated gifs and simple javascript.

Opera is faster!

lol enjoying your newly downloaded firefox too much eh. :D you are right opera 9.21 is way too old, compared to firefox!
Aaaak! You're posting so fast! Aghhhhhhhhh! Cya, my brain needs to rest before it explodes!

*sigh*

I think I know what the problem is (almost sorta could've). Opera doesn't load Google pages. Now I'm getting actual errors from Opera.

-345 points uH

Notice that the title states "vs IE and more". That's my defense for keeping this unlocked. Besides, have you noticed how fast this thread is moving? its about to reach 4 pages in less than an hour!

Google loads fine for me on Opera here...

On an unrelated note, I Googled Paint.NET, and it was the second result. I went to the site... I never knew there were Google Ads on getpaint.net! I love AdBlock +.

Now lets bash IE :P

1. Terrible security.

2. Slow

3. Bad interface and looks horrid

4. Tab system is way to large

5. I have never ran into a useful add on for IE

6. Very limited

I said that it was my opinion. :roll:

Let's put it like this:

Users that have used Opera for more than FF like it better because they find the FF interface confusing, after being so attatched to the style of Opera, and vice-versa

Arguement closed. Happy now?

Now lets bash IE :P

I hate that the Refresh button is on the right hand side of the URL bar...

I also hate the fact that the menu has been changed and re-grouped. It's like the category view for Control Panel that I hate. I know where what I want is in the usual menu structure, but now I have to hunt through re-grouped menus? Nah. I has alternative(s). :wink:

The upperbar of IE... It's too big for me, plus, it's WAY too light, and there are NO themes to change it.

I downloaded Opera for another point of view. It looks quite... spacey... As id i have way more room to use... This is ofcourse because i now have 7 toolbars in FF. (top toolbar, adressbar, bookmarks, Yahoo, Imageshack,Google, Tabs.). Opera doesn't have the Bookmarks toolbar, which i find annoying. It also draws the mouse to the middle when i do a middle-click. I guess i'll stick with FF, also beacuse oit has all my passwords saved :D

Well, Opera has this cool thing called a Sidebar. Click on the very small arrow on the left side of the application window, about halfway down the page. Viola! The Sidebar appears. Your bookmarks are in there.

I suppose I'm used to this, as I downloaded the All-In-One Sidebar extension for FireFox some time ago, and have been loving it. :D

And, in deference to ncfan51, as stated by the creator of this extension, it was was modeled after Opera's behavior. Because really, a sidebar is quite handy, and FireFox didn't have one at the time. :)

I suppose I'm used to this, as I downloaded the All-In-One Sidebar extension for FireFox some time ago, and have been loving it. :D

It's definitely one of the most useful things that has been added to FF! :D