Cannot Save - Crash!

Zoom7000

Paint.Net isn't letting me save any files. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting...

Here is the log it produces:

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.
Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.08 (Final Release build 3.08.2708.22795)
Time of crash: 08/06/2007 15:42:46
Application uptime: 00:00:35.7072380
OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86
.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.42 x86
Processor: 2x "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz" @ ~2992MHz
Physical memory: 1014 MB
Tablet PC: no
Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-GB, cuic: en-US

Exception details:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas? I have tried to save an image (a screenshot) as a .PNG and .JPEG - No luck, just crashes PDN and produces that same log everytime. Got plenty of Virtual Memory, nearly 60Gb HDD space.

CPU - Intel P4 2.8Ghz

RAM - 512Mb

GPU - Intel 82865G

Paint.Net isn't letting me save any files. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting...

Here is the log it produces:

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Time of crash: 08/06/2007 15:42:46
Application uptime: 00:00:35.7072380

Exception details:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Any ideas? I have tried to save an image (a screenshot) as a .PNG and .JPEG - No luck, just crashes PDN and produces that same log everytime. Got plenty of Virtual Memory, nearly 60Gb HDD space.

CPU - Intel P4 2.8Ghz

RAM - 512Mb

GPU - Intel 82865G

Sorry about that, I'm using 2 PCs in the office, the other one is P4 2.8 and 512 :P

There's not really a solution on that page to help...

Yup, thats the full crash log, here is another I just got...

Time of crash: 12/06/2007 11:40:01
Application uptime: 00:01:10.9347760

Exception details:

you say you were in the office ?. Was the computer doing any other work at the time that may have needed a lot of memory ?

Also what file type were you trying to save it as ?

Has the file been moved from computer to computer many times. If so can you try one of the old copys as the one you have may have gotton an error when being passed around.

Did you just update to the new 3.08 Paint.NET and this your 1st save ?

Is your RAM a 1GB stick or a mix of sticks to make up 1GB ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I not sure what the problem is as the log does not give much to go on. However it looks like your memory was in use by another program(s) at the time and could not give enough memory to Paint.NET.

I have had 1 save crash before and it was do to updating Paint.NET and then opening a file and saving for the 1st time in the update. After that everything worked fine.

I also know that if you save a file to your hard drive then copy it to a jump drive and then copy it to another hard drive and keep doing this to the same file, the file can become damaged. (reason to keep a clean backup)

The file type you tryed to save it to could have also been the problem in some way.

RAM could be bad in the system and not working the way it should (there are ram test out to find out) So if you have 1GB stick it could be the that, if you have mix stick then it could be one of the mix sticks. that another thing when buying RAM you should always buy the same type.

EG: I have 2GB of OCZ Gold GX XTC Dual Channel and if I update to 4GB I would need to buy another 2GB of OCZ Gold GX XTC Dual Channel.

I hope this can help you out

Sorry for the unhelpful post earlier, I just think that .gif is hilarious. Anyway, I have experienced the same type of problem as you on low-end systems (i.e. 128 megs of ram). Why you should be getting them of a system with 1 gig of ram is mysterious. My guess also would be that the file got corrupted somehow.