Ctrl+V and Ctrl+C

XLT

I can't seem to grasp these functions. I need a step by step on how and where this simple "copy and paste" function works. icon_confused.gif

I am able to copy and paste with right mouse button on text strings but I can't seem to get the process with images.

I can't seem to grasp these functions. I need a step by step on how and where this simple "copy and paste" function works. icon_confused.gif

I am able to copy and paste with right mouse button on text strings but I can't seem to get the process with images.

:?

Copy will copy whatever selection you have onto the clipboard (much like text) and then paste will paste that selection onto whatever layer you have selected at the moment. Then you're free to move that pasted selection anywhere you'd like.

Clear as mud? :) Not quite sure what you're asking...

:?

Copy will copy whatever selection you have onto the clipboard (much like text) and then paste will paste that selection onto whatever layer you have selected at the moment. Then you're free to move that pasted selection anywhere you'd like.

Clear as mud? :) Not quite sure what you're asking...

Say I want to copy the image of your avatar. How do I go thru the copy process? Highlight with the right mouse click? Ctrl+C? then Ctrl+V to layer in PDN? I get nothing.

Say I want to copy the image of your avatar. How do I go thru the copy process? Highlight with the right mouse click? Ctrl+C? then Ctrl+V to layer in PDN? I get nothing.

I was able to "Save Picture As" in a file on my computer and I was able to "Import From File" onto PDN. Is this the process of Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V? I'm confused. icon_confused.gif

I was able to "Save Picture As" in a file on my computer and I was able to "Import From File" onto PDN. Is this the process of Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V? I'm confused. icon_confused.gif

Ok. Now that I know the difference between saving then opening vs copying and pasting. I know how to save and open. I don't know how to copy and paste images. :?

Ok. Now that I know the difference between saving then opening vs copying and pasting. I know how to save and open. I don't know how to copy and paste images. :?

you do know, CTRL+C(COPY) CTRL + V(PASTE)

the difference between the two aint all that much, you can save the picture and it will be on the harddrive, but if you just copy and paste it it will not be on your harddrive and you will have to save it from whatever program you pasted it into. Shouldn't be all that confusing.

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

the difference between the two aint all that much, you can save the picture and it will be on the harddrive, but if you just copy and paste it it will not be on your harddrive and you will have to save it from whatever program you pasted it into. Shouldn't be all that confusing.

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

I do know that CTRL+C(COPY) CTRL + V(PASTE).

You have it exactly right! There are many times I don't want it on the hard drive so I don't have to delete it after the full routine of saving.

Copy and paste would be handy when posting forums. Faster. Perhaps clone stamping (copy and paste) images on a PdN Canvas would work better than CloneStamp because the CloneStamp in PdN is limited.

I do know that CTRL+C(COPY) CTRL + V(PASTE).

You have it exactly right! There are many times I don't want it on the hard drive so I don't have to delete it after the full routine of saving.

Copy and paste would be handy when posting forums. Faster. Perhaps clone stamping (copy and paste) images on a PdN Canvas would work better than CloneStamp because the CloneStamp in PdN is limited.

yeah, to get an image from one program to another, (IE to PDN) you need to copy image. you cant just ctrlC

but in PDN, ctrlC and ctrV work, so you should use them there....

yeah, to get an image from one program to another, (IE to PDN) you need to copy image. you cant just ctrlC

but in PDN, ctrlC and ctrV work, so you should use them there....

You don't copy images, you copy pixels, mostly.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio